MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer fixed filter bank -- ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Doepfer fixed filter bank -- ?
moogyboy
hey

Another request for opinions on tone & function. I watched a few YouTube demos of 5U FFBs (some Moog 914 clones and a Dotcom Q127) but didn't see any for Doepfer's version. I'd really like to have one of these in my modular once I get it started, in fact modules like this are part of the reason I want to go modular, but no idea how the Doepfer sounds, and it doesn't seem to be one of the more widely used modules. thx

cheers

Billy S.
worker8
I'd rather buy the vocoder.
clone45
I personally love the doepfer fixed filter bank. It is limited, since there's no CV control, but I tend to use it quite a bit. It does give the sound a certain "vocoded" quality, and choosing the vocoder may be a better choice in the long run. If you're in the San Francisco bay area, I'd be happy to demo it for you. :-)
stepwriterun
If you use Reaktor there is a fixed filter bank ensemble in the user library that should give you a good idea as to how it works and might sound.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1