MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fonitronik MH01
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> fonitronik  
Author Fonitronik MH01
nofuture
Hello,

I have some questions about the MH01,

Is the AC / DC switch only for the SUM output ?

I ask this because I want to know if I can use:
3 channel to Attenuate / Invert CV while I'm using the last channel as an Audio Attenuator to set the output level of a VCO to a line level to plug it into my soundcard.

I read this in the manual:
Quote:
Therefore, it cannot give you 100% unity gain. For this reason, it is not recommended for use with 1V/oct keyboard voltages.

What does this mean exactly, I don't understand correctly, if you can explain with other words it would be very hepfull. ( What I understand is that you can't have a perfect precision for note processing... (I'm not english hmmm..... )) ?

Thanks.
fonik
nofuture wrote:
Hello,

I have some questions about the MH01,

Is the AC / DC switch only for the SUM output ?

I ask this because I want to know if I can use:
3 channel to Attenuate / Invert CV while I'm using the last channel as an Audio Attenuator to set the output level of a VCO to a line level to plug it into my soundcard.

1st of all, your goal could be achieved.

the mode switch AC / DC acts on the sum output only.
the channels themselfes are DC coupled.
so in AC mode any DC offset gets removed from the sum.

anyways, let me tell you this: you don't neccessarily need AC coupled mixers/attenuverts to process audio. in fact all passive attenuators are DC coupled.
why do you want to use an AC coupled attenuator for your audio? is there an DC offset in your audio? if so then you could still use the mh01 as intended:
use channels 1 to 3 as attenuverters, but remove them from the sum by using the single outputs (a patch cord in the single outputs removes the corresponding channel from the sum).
then only channel 4 is fed to the sum and now you could even remove any DC offset by using the AC switch.
8_)

Quote:
I read this in the manual:
Quote:
Therefore, it cannot give you 100% unity gain. For this reason, it is not recommended for use with 1V/oct keyboard voltages.

What does this mean exactly, I don't understand correctly, if you can explain with other words it would be very hepfull. ( What I understand is that you can't have a perfect precision for note processing... (I'm not english hmmm..... )) ?

you got it 100% correct: no precision for note voltage processing.
nonetheless you could use it for note CV. i do it all the time. i feed the channels with gatesignals from a divider and attenuate them to the correct pitch i need. makes a nice little sequencer, something like this:
binary game sequencer (fonitronik DIY)
nofuture
Okay, nice !

Thank you very much for your answer !
Kosel
I've got my own, and i'm hugely please of that.

Very good quality of knobs, switches and potentiometeres.

I guess that some poeples would says 12HP for Attenuator is too much and it is waste of space.

Regardless, highly recommended.

Cheers!
fonik
w00t
thanks for the kind feedback!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> fonitronik  
Page 1 of 1