MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

patch idea using the boogie filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author patch idea using the boogie filter
consumed
now that i dont have one any more meh

what happens if you throw the boogie into self oscillation, turn the freq low, and use the different outputs (say, the 6db and 12db) to modulate stuff in a phased relationship? (the mankato thread made me think of this.) does it work?

example:

feed a square wave to one linear vca.
feed a saw wave to another linear vca.
use the 6db output to modulate vca 1.
use the 12db output to modulate vca 2.
can you modulate the vcas successfully, and can you do it slow enough (not at audio rates)?
Muff Wiggler
oooh good idea! I think you can adjust the phase of them using the jumpers, can't you?

i will have to try this out, I'll let you know how it works out
consumed
well, by default some of the outputs are already out of phase! this is why you can mix the outputs and get different filter responses (hp, bp, etc).

the biggest curiosity is whether the self-oscillation will work at a sub-audio frequency so you can use it as a modulator.
Muff Wiggler
the boogie will not oscillate at slow rates at all.

I just tried all my filters - the Mankato is the only one of them that can do this.

Not a scientific test, just watching the voltage on a bar graph module, but -

the Boogie, MOTM Ladder and the Frequensteiner can slow down the least out of of the filters.

the Borg can go a bit slower, but it doesn't sustain, it's cool to watch it run out of steam... the others don't do this.

The Bananalogue LPFA has the next lowest rate, but the voltage does a bunch of wierd things around the point where the oscillation ends - didn't look like any of the others.

Next was Final Filtre - we are still talking about a very high rate when the oscillation ends.

Then the Filthy Filtre which could go just a hair slower.

Interestingly enough, the only filter that could get far below the others was the Blacet Dual Manual Filter. Definately a sub-audio rate, far below the others, but still not what I would call 'slow' at all.

I recognize this is useless info for the patch you were suggesting, as none of them except the Boogie and Mankato have the multiple phase shifted outs. But I thought it would be cool to compare all the filters.
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
the boogie will not oscillate at slow rates at all.

I just tried all my filters - the Mankato is the only one of them that can do this.

Not a scientific test, just watching the voltage on a bar graph module, but -

the Boogie, MOTM Ladder and the Frequensteiner can slow down the least out of of the filters.

the Borg can go a bit slower, but it doesn't sustain, it's cool to watch it run out of steam... the others don't do this.

The Bananalogue LPFA has the next lowest rate, but the voltage does a bunch of wierd things around the point where the oscillation ends - didn't look like any of the others.

Next was Final Filtre - we are still talking about a very high rate when the oscillation ends.

Then the Filthy Filtre which could go just a hair slower.

Interestingly enough, the only filter that could get far below the others was the Blacet Dual Manual Filter. Definately a sub-audio rate, far below the others, but still not what I would call 'slow' at all.

I recognize this is useless info for the patch you were suggesting, as none of them except the Boogie and Mankato have the multiple phase shifted outs. But I thought it would be cool to compare all the filters.

compare on. i can vouch for the blacet's. looks like i have the slowest. hihi
Time Machines
The Doepfer SSM 2044 can go rather slow, though not as slow as a Mankato I guess (don't have one). Mine stops oscillating somewhere between 1 and 0.5 Hz (it needs some negative voltage offset into the frequency input to do that, on its own it can go down to about 5 Hz).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1