MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

gate delay with VC gate length?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author gate delay with VC gate length?
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
I only know of 2 gate delay, doepfer and AS. Both are cool but seem to be not super dynamic.

I know plan B has one on paper... but.... yeah...........

Does anyone know of any others? One with VC gate length?
SynthBaron
A-141 VCADSR.

I assume you want to delay a short "trigger" length gate?

Gate you want to delay to gate in
Attack would control delay time.
Decay would control gate length. This is where you'd want to VC it.
Sustain set to 0
Release set to 0

Envelope out to where ever you want the delayed "gate" to go. This works because gate inputs won't trigger unless a signal meets a certain voltage threshold.

MATHS and other VC-AD/R type modules would most certainly work too.

Multi-use modules. Mr. Green
wetterberg
yeah, the maths has an EOR pulse out on one channel (strangely, that R is not "Release", but "Rise") and an "End of Cycle" EOC on the other. But they're pulses, not gates.

The a-142 could do it, or there abouts. It has a variable comparator built in, and an inverse out. Okay, not quite there, but close.
SynthBaron
wetterberg wrote:
yeah, the maths has an EOR pulse out on one channel (strangely, that R is not "Release", but "Rise") and an "End of Cycle" EOC on the other. But they're pulses, not gates.

OK, but I'm talking about using the actual output of the AR to use to gate other modules.

Quote:
The a-142 could do it, or there abouts. It has a variable comparator built in, and an inverse out. Okay, not quite there, but close.

You could use it in conjunction with a slew limiter or trigger delay to get the wanted effect.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1