MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expander syntax
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author Expander syntax
Alwaysnew
When targetting the expander outs, is it the same syntax as when you target A0 and A1 on the ardcore?

i.e. for outputting a trigger on A0 I would write:

digState[0] = HIGH;
digitalWrite(digPin[0], HIGH);

so if I want to do the same for, say the top output (number 0 on the expander), would I then write:

digState[2] = HIGH;
digitalWrite(digPin[3], HIGH);

...since [0] and [1] are already taken by A0 and A1?

if not, how do I target them to fire a trigger?
Or a gate?

Thanks!
scottwilson
Best info I've found is the original 20 Objects tech doc. It tells you the specific pins.

The expander pins are the same 8 pins that are used for the DAC connection, so you can't use the two at the same time.

http://20objects.com/downloads/ardcore-specifications-and-information/

I've never used the array notation before. I use the typical arduino API of digitalWrite() - and don't forget to set the pinMode() to output.

(edit: nevermind, I see you are just using the array to keep state of whether the pin is high or low.)

-s
scottwilson
Also, don't forget that for it to be a trigger, you've got to turn it on _and_ off...

I've been working on a framework that should make doing simple modular synth tasks with the Ardcore or any other microcontoller-based system a little bit easier. It's not quite ready for prime time yet, but I should have a critical mass of functionality soon.

Documentation on the pre-alpha code is here https://github.com/nw2s/b/wiki/01-Overview if you're interested in reading a little and seeing some sample sketches.
Alwaysnew
Thanks!

Just got my expander in the mail today. Very exciting!

I see there's this bigger circuit board connector in the box. Is that something I need in any way?

I'm on a eurorack, I have the old purple version of the Ardcore.
scottwilson
Are you referring to the DIP adapter? I have the newer silver, and I didn't need it... there was a header for the expander ribbon cable on the main circuit board.

It came with an extra DIP adapter that looks like you'd use it in case your ardcore doesn't have an expander pin header already?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1