MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Collective Track
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On  
Author Collective Track
Paranormal Patroler
Back in the ol' forum I had organized a collective track creation. It's a rather simple concept but needs some general grounds as not to derail things rather fast. I don't mind writing down some general guidelines again but I'm curious if you guys would want to participate.

So, who's in for a Muff version?

GUIDELINES

• Let's begin by making sure you have the latest version of the firmware (2.1) and have unlocked your TO to Advanced Mode. This is a prerequisite for all participants as to avoid any problems.

• First player creates two layers (layer 1&2, block 1). He gets to chose each layer's mode (through Advanced Mode), voice, sound length and loop points. He adds notes and saves the track as an All Blocks file named "Collective1.1". He then passes it on.

• Second player gets to either add a new layer (layer 3, block 1) with his choice of Mode, Sound, etc or create progress the previous 2 layered musical structure (layer 1&2, block 2). He cannot change the info of the two layers on Block 1 and he has to keep the same voice, sound length and loop points created by the previous player. He then saves the track as an All Blocks file named "Collective1.2" and passes it on.

• Each consecutive player works like second player did, but changes the track title accordingly to "Collective 1.*" depending on his seat in line. Please don't neglect to save as an All Blocks file otherwise the game will be paused until the relevant file is uploaded.

• Turns will be created according to participants in this thread. If there aren't many participants we can loop back from the beginning later on and go for a second round named "Collective 2.*"

• Tracks will be uploaded in the proper format on this thread. You can obviously download them and fool around but you're only allowed to upload a file if it's your turn to play.

• Each participant has 7 days to upload his version/addition otherwise next participant in line gets to take his seat. Real life is more important but let's not let the interest die down. It's fairly easy to load the track on your TO, jam with it and upload your part. Shouldn't take more than 5 days to find time.

• First players should avoid overcrowding a track right from the start and each participant should avoid cornering other players by creating really tight creative space (e.g. one point loop or other uninteresting stuff).

• Layer cue will be kept tidy so no skipping around on layers.

• Scale, levels and transposition can be changed at will. It's easy to get back to the original.

• It is impractical to use User scales and User Voices. Remember that every player does not have your particular settings and it won't be as much fun. Let's skip exchanging voices or scales as it complicates things for most players.

KEEP IN MIND

• Don't be a douche. Respect your fellow players; first and foremost we are all members of the best forum in the internet and you should keep that in mind.

• Changes in these guidelines can and will be made without prior notice.

• The track is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can modify it as long as you let others modify it and commercial uses are allowed.
Umcorps
Sounds like fun. I'm in.
Infrablue
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Back in the ol' forum I had organized a collective track creation. It's a rather simple concept but needs some general grounds as not to derail things rather fast. I don't mind writing down some general guidelines again but I'm curious if you guys would want to participate.

So, who's in for a Muff version?

I don't have a Tenori-On (came close)... but I'm guessing you are referring something made together with others for that instrument? And that's a Tenori-On term perhaps?

Anyway... it would be pretty cool to have some modular group tracks passed around to complete. Maybe someone could post a seed track and so on.

But sounds like you have guidliness applicable to this...

Anyway.. interested to see what you are up to on this.... and would love to join if applicable. smile
hyper
I'm in!!!!
igormpc
i'm in! thumbs up
Paranormal Patroler
For some reason I'm not getting any notifications from any post I create lately. hmmm.....

Anyway, really glad to see there are people interested. I'll dig up the old "rule book" and edit the original post with some helpful guidelines for us to follow. It would be cool if I could find the original post on the original forum as there were nice additions and ideas from other participants, but unfortunately the Internet Archive didn't bother to archive the All Blockers Game page so more work for me. Hopefully you guys will chyme in with corrections and additions. I will follow up on this as soon as possible, but for starters I'm editing the first post to show you the general concept.
Paranormal Patroler
No opinions on the guidelines? seriously, i just don't get it
igormpc
for me it's ok!
since you suggested the collective track, why don't you start,
Paranormal Patroler? smile

(i am getting posts notifications here...)
Paranormal Patroler
Will do, just letting this settle in for a couple of days to see if there are any opinions and I'll take the lead.
i'm not used to my opinion mattering (married) but I think the guidelines are just fine and can't wait for it all to get started w00t
ritchiedrums
I will give it a try............... nanners
Paranormal Patroler
Now that Ritchie is here we can begin. Will upload something during the weekend! w00t
Paranormal Patroler
Guys, just go ahead and start this please. I have a major problem with the laptop that does the SD card reading. I'll join you after the first circle.

Umcorps, will you do the honors?
ritchiedrums
hmmm..... Nobody wants to start.....
OK girls I'll start this off - who's next?

I did use three layers.... hmmm..... .............breaking the rules SlayerBadger!
ritchiedrums
OK.
Sorry to continue BENDING Rules here.
but I added Layer 4,5 & 6 to Block 1
I will NOT be upset if one of these gets deleted..... screaming goo yo
Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On  
Page 1 of 1