MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

AM8120 Minerva Dual VCO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths  
Author AM8120 Minerva Dual VCO
emuarc
I have started developing a Roland style dual VCO, complete with quantized pitch range, dedicated LFO and Noise Source. Inspired by the Jupiter 8.

The A[/b]M8120 module is a versatile dual VCO with some unique features, that will be familiar to customers with analog polyphonic synthesizers! The traditional sawtooth VCO cores use NPN matched transistor expo generators and are followed by waveform shapers to produce Triangle, Pulse and Sine waveforms. Precision voltage regulators ensure a stable frequency, and Range switches enable the VCO's to be switched up and down in octave intervals.

I have added a semitone quantizer to VCO2 Range, a dedicated LFO with a wide range of waveforms, including S&H and Delay. With Noise and low frequency mode on VCO2 and of course VCO sync. The LFO is the first stage of the development, and the prototype is now completed.

[/img][img]
bazzevo
Nice Rob. Sounds very Rolandish to me. I am sure it will be wicked. Keep em coming mate.
portobellovcs3
Oh boy! Another one I will have to purchase after the Athena synth. Favourite mono is the Odyssey and favourite poly is a tie JP-8/OBX.
cger
KICKS ASS!!!!
Very awesome! Looking forward to when it's out w00t w00t

Love the module designs!
Morpher
WANT It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
ele
Awesome… Too bad your modules are not skiff friendly...
emuarc
New AMSynths modules are designed to be 35mm deep and are skiff friendly, including the AM8120. A single VCO will be launched in May, the AM8125.
pantalones
emuarc wrote:
New AMSynths modules are designed to be 35mm deep and are skiff friendly, including the AM8120. A single VCO will be launched in May, the AM8125.

that's awesome...but one concern:

the "reserve a module" function on your site is either broken or you never respond. i've "reserved" modules twice in the past year and never heard back.
rpc
pantalones wrote:

that's awesome...but one concern:

the "reserve a module" function on your site is either broken or you never respond. i've "reserved" modules twice in the past year and never heard back.

I've had the same experience. I've reserved modules but never received a notification, even when others later stated the modules were briefly listed as 'In Stock'. I ended-up buying my AM8109 used (it was worth tracking down - great sound!)
cane creek
pantalones wrote:

Yes the same here
stepwriterun
pantalones wrote:

Same here. I got what I have by checking the store nearly every day for what seems like the past year.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths  
Page 1 of 1