MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The new D/A A/D Euro Modular...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author The new D/A A/D Euro Modular...
D/A A/D

So here it is, this should be what I eventually populate my new sub-rack with... It was originally all planned around the Serge VCS, but I had to change my plans - as I rather not put all my eggs in one basket.

Should be good for some righteous doom drones.

Alex
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
I would skip the A136

its a little boring imho, I own one and will sell it soon. If you still want it send me a PM and Ill sell you mine wink

If it were me I would replace it with one of these modules.

A-112 Sampler & Wavetable OSC (I may buy this)
A-126 Voltage Controlled Frequency Shifter (I own this)
A-124 vcf5 / "wasp" filter (I own this)
futuresoundsystems
Cool, that looks like a nice setup!
Chuck E. Jesus
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:

A-126 Voltage Controlled Frequency Shifter (I own this)

one of my favs, and i understand they will soon be discontinued...
felix
Awesome! And nice choice with the Vulcan, it will be perfect for weird slow drone modulations.
flts
Damn, you seem to have a pretty similar taste in modules... I have a 6U setup that's (going to be) more of a self-contained synth than an effects rack, but it already has a Polivoks VCF and a LPG, and it will most definitely have a Vulcan Mod (if I ever manage to find one...) and the Doepfer spring verb.

Looks like a very cool package - except that about everyone I know who has tried the Doepfer dist / shaper says it's kind of boring, so I guess that's one I would swap to something else.
ehdyn
Signal processor exclusively?
D/A A/D
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
I would skip the A136

its a little boring imho, I own one and will sell it soon. If you still want it send me a PM and Ill sell you mine wink

You sir have a PM... For everyone else I intend to use it for CV not audio.

ehdyn wrote:
Signal processor exclusively?

flts wrote:
Damn, you seem to have a pretty similar taste in modules... I have a 6U setup that's (going to be) more of a self-contained synth than an effects rack, but it already has a Polivoks VCF and a LPG, and it will most definitely have a Vulcan Mod (if I ever manage to find one...) and the Doepfer spring verb.

Looks like a very cool package - except that about everyone I know who has tried the Doepfer dist / shaper says it's kind of boring, so I guess that's one I would swap to something else.

Actually if you look carefully (and outside of the box) this unit is not just a signal processor or an effects rack, but a fully functional synth. I will also be removeding the harvestman and adding a ModDemod and a Doepfer Low pass gate, so t has:

5 oscillators capable of audio range, 2 of which with volt per octave capability.
4 VCA's
2 Wave Shapers
2 Ring Mods
3 VCF's
3 ring mods
and a mixer.

So as you can see it is a FULLY functional synth, especially for my style. Straight up synth doom drones. I also apologize for the latency in my reply, I don't seem to get notifications on any regular biases.

Alex
D/A A/D
Here is the updated layout, and a proposed patch idea to show you giys what I am talking about.

Alex
MrDys
Why both the Model 13 and A101-2?
D/A A/D
MrDys wrote:
Why both the Model 13 and A101-2?

They have completely different tones. The Doepfer gets mean and dirty, self oscillates - but its not as woody. The Plan B is pure buchla woody love, clean and pure. I fucking love LPG's they make me feel all warm and gooey, for drone work in LP+VCA modes they impart such a interesting sound - that for me sets your sound apart.
D/A A/D

This is what I can do with the above setup:
http://creepsville.com/minicase.mp3

SlayerBadger!

Thats just 2 LFO's, Ring Mod and a Wave Shaper. Forcing creativity out of necessity, its fun to see how much you can do with minimal gear. For the new 84hp rack I wanted to cram as much as possible, which meant that I needed to think creatively. In essence its a 2 Oscillator synth with plenty of modulation / filtering options. I am not vangeles by any means, hell I barley touch any of my key's anymore. I rather tweak than tickle the ivories these days.

Alex
sgnhh
I'm not a big fan of LFOs for audio, but choice is what this is all about.

This is what I'd like to get done within the next two years:

With a few multiples and the moddemod mounted outside of the case (since they require no power). I'm about 1/4th of the way there.
futuresoundsystems
Whoa that looks like a pretty deep system there. Would you get one of those small Doepfer mini-cabinets for the multiples + ModDemod?
Muff Wiggler
Just a quick note to say that I don't know why the email notifications at the forum are so spotty - but I wouldn't trust them. Ill try to look into this for you guys in the next couple of days.

Sorry about that.
sgnhh
futuresoundsystems wrote:
Whoa that looks like a pretty deep system there. Would you get one of those small Doepfer mini-cabinets for the multiples + ModDemod?

No, just drill above the rails right into the wood of the two Doepfer portable cases. On one a multi and the moddemod, on the other two multis.
futuresoundsystems
Cool, hehe I'd love to see it once finished.
Paulyvoks
Damn,

Looking at that makes me impatient for my AFG.

As Far as the Polyvoks i wish i had gotten 2 when I had the chance. very frustrating
chimologic
Paulyvoks wrote:
Damn,

Looking at that makes me impatient for my AFG.

As Far as the Polyvoks i wish i had gotten 2 when I had the chance. very frustrating

AH is going to have some in somewhere between this week and next, apparently The Harvestman has already shipped to them... I am getting one!
GeneralBigBag
So when does the backlash against Livewire start, or did I miss it?
sgnhh
Backlash for what? Mike said he should be testing the AFGs later this week, then they start shipping.
flts
D/A A/D wrote:
So as you can see it is a FULLY functional synth, especially for my style. Straight up synth doom drones.

Ah yeah, you're right. I wasn't obviously thinking at all very frustrating
D/A A/D
Here is the most recent mock up of the setup:

So far I have the following modules on their way:
Make Noise ModDemod
Doepfer A-118 noise / random
Analogue Solutions MX61 mixer / inverter
Doepfer A-143-9 Quadrature Sine LFO
Doepfer A-101-2 Vactrol Low Pass Gate

Alex
D/A A/D
I got the following modules today: