MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

a real sleeper...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author a real sleeper...
Chuck E. Jesus
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/msg/1454523584.html

i have one with two buckers and a middle lipstick, if i only had the extra cash very frustrating
3vcos
These pop up all the time on my local craigslist and I've always meant to get one. I've heard the lipstick pickups sounds great and I know they play really well too. I've seen a couple with bigsbys too. way fun.
TrashWaveform
Every now and then a Danelectro pops up on my metro. The new kinds are cheap but are they any good?
3vcos
they aren't too bad. I bought a 90's dano baritone for $125 off craigslist and for the price I think its incredible.
SynthBaron
3vcos wrote:
they aren't too bad. I bought a 90's dano baritone for $125 off craigslist and for the price I think its incredible.

Aww you fucker, that's a great price. I'm looking for a baritone at the moment...
revmutt
I have an Ibanez that I've played since 83. Despite being lucky later in life and having the option to play a lot of different and coveted things these guys got solid in the late 70's and remained so.
babysealclub
I think the 90's Dano's are really great guitars even though they are made about as cheaply as possible. Masonite and plywood never sounded so good.
tuj
The new danelectro's are the biggest piles of crap. Seriously, ignore the reviews. I bought a dead on 67 baritone and the pickups were wired COMPLETELY WRONG, even after I got the schematic from Danelectro USA. And the selector switch was bad out of the box. And the action was setup terrible, needed massive truss rod adjustment. And the wood around the bridge is not strong enough to hold the screws that support the bridge; one is already leaning strongly towards the nut which sucks.

I would never buy one again.
SPUDBOY WILSON
90's

I bought a Ibanez GAX-70 for $200.00 new.

Why ? I saw a live video of John 5, playing on one while touring with Mr. M. Manson.
it has held up beautifully, neck is straight no problems.

I did put The Evolution Bridge humbucker in to add that certain something, with an E-bow, and an ungodly number of processors after it, it certainly does son of doom and noise.... just right. tone,.... ah yeah it has a kind of tone , definitely not classic tone, but.... lots of it.

I bobeanez
TrashWaveform
SPUDBOY WILSON wrote:
90's

I bought a Ibanez GAX-70 for $200.00 new.

Why ? I saw a live video of John 5, playing on one while touring with Mr. M. Manson.
it has held up beautifully, neck is straight no problems.

I did put The Evolution Bridge humbucker in to add that certain something, with an E-bow, and an ungodly number of processors after it, it certainly does son of doom and noise.... just right. tone,.... ah yeah it has a kind of tone , definitely not classic tone, but.... lots of it.

I bobeanez
I bought that as a gift for an ex one time. Best neck on a guitar I ever felt. Wasn't way too impressed with it otherwise but it had the best fret action of any guitar I played.
Minimoog56
Jerry Jones mi-90's Neptune Series with adjustable trapzoid bridge - the finest Dano copies ever made - better than the originals - great colors and reaonably priced when found used. i have 6 - one of each type.
Danotranto
nice, I really want a jerry jones sitar
Pfeffernussez
I own a pile of Danelectro's. They are all crappy new or old, but that is part of their charm. Jerry Jones is absolutely the way to go for a quality version of the Dano. My favorite is my JJ longhorn 6 string bass.
Klopfgeist
I have two of the new ones, a Dead On 67 Baritone and a regular one (idk the model, Jimmy Page style). The baritone is an awesome guitar and is very dark and evil. Not the best hardware though. The other one is meh. Built pretty cheaply, but I don't really like Fenders so it gives me a good clean twang without feeling or sounding like a Fender.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1