MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

loose wire in mission 9? (nevermind, just ground)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author loose wire in mission 9? (nevermind, just ground)
Johnisfaster
is this normal? is it supposed to be going somewhere or is it supposed to hang loose like it is as an option for something additional? I don't want to use it till I find out.
loudone
whats it hanging from?
dkcg
My guess is it's a ground from a rail since I think the green wires are all grounds. Just email steve, and he'll get you sorted out.
revmutt
I don't want to be an alarmist but with all the stuff going on lately, I don't want anything added to the mistrust some builders have gained.

I think it's also proper form to give the builder the allowance of an unpublished mistake. Steve has a solid reputation and stuff does happen even with the best.

This question should be going to the manufacturer since it's a newly released product that very few people have.
Johnisfaster
I called AH and he's getting it sussed out, it looks like from the photo on the sales page that it's supposed to be attached to the frame surrounding the rails but I can't seem to figure out where it was supposed to attach unless it was just maybe supposed to be pushed under the frame.
rtopia
John,

Just left you a vm.

Please send me a wider shot.
Based on what I see (and the laws of probability) it looks like the rail ground wire came loose.

If this is the case:

1. loosen the rail mount screw (right side - center row) about 1/2 turn
2. slip the spade connector under the rail
3. tighten the rail mount screw

If you're not comfortable with the adjustment - I'll be happy to take care of this same day. PM me and I'll make arrangements to have your case picked up.

Steve R
Johnisfaster
No worries, turns out it was just a ground wire that was supposed to be under the mounting from for the rails. No biggy. Only reason I came here is I was thinking another Monorocket user might be able to tell me if it was normal or not.

revmutt wrote:

I think it's also proper form to give the builder the allowance of an unpublished mistake. Steve has a solid reputation and stuff does happen even with the best.

I agree I wasn't trying to soil their name or anything, only reason I came here is cause I figured if I posted here I'd have 5 answers in an hour as apposed to an answer from AH tomorrow. However I called AH and they had Monorocket call me within minutes. They are definitely on the ball and I dig them for that. It's nice to call someone with an issue and not hear "if you have a billing question press 4, if you have a technically problem and would like assistance press 5"

But I feel ya, if a module arrived dead I certainly would take it up with AH/manufacturer and not the forum.
Johnisfaster
thanks rtopia, based on what you said and the photo on the sales page at AH I determined thats what it was. All fixed up, no worries. I appreciate how quick you guys are.

I would have contacted you (as apposed to the forum) but I didn't think it was a big deal to begin.

it's the modern age I guess, 20 years ago I would have asked all my buddies if it was normal this way, instead I ask people online. The intent was not to "publish a mistake"
revmutt
I appreciate you not making my comments a bigger deal then they were intended to be.

There are trolls who love to create drama where there isn't any and i wanted to catch this before Steve R or Shawn were treated as anything but the pros that they are.
Johnisfaster
revmutt wrote:

There are trolls who love to create drama where there isn't any and i wanted to catch this before Steve R or Shawn were treated as anything but the pros that they are.

You know you're right, I failed to take into consideration the trolls of the world and how opportunistic they are.

Let it be said that:
-This was not a big deal by any means. A little rattling during shipping can do stuff ya know?
-both AH and Monorocket exceed my expectations with their response time and helpfulness.

if anything this thread should stand as a testament to how professional these companies are.

signed - a happy customer named Johnisfaster

thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1