MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[IN STOCK] E.A.S. "miss 10" LFO/Noise/S&H v2.0
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author [IN STOCK] E.A.S. "miss 10" LFO/Noise/S&H v2.0
E.A.S.
Randy wrote:
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? I also need the pot values, and I'd like to know what the trimpots are for?

Did I miss something here?

Thanks

Randy

Hi Randy,

I'll draw on up today.

VR1 trimmer in the noise section is for adjusting the gain in the noise circuit.

VR2 in the S/H section is to trim the offset in the sample and hold op-amp.

-m
E.A.S.
Randy wrote:
I'm looking at the panel on ModularGrid, which also has pots for white and pink noise and S&H in. I could do without the attenuators for the noise and I'm not even sure why there would be a pot for S&H in. I'm also not sure where to hook up the Fast/Slow switch.

I suppose I could just do the two controls and get it over with but Mike put together a really handy diagram for the v2.0 VCF here http://www.flickr.com/photos/23140551@N08/7736689048/in/photostream/ and having something like that for the LFO would be great.

Randy

FWIW, I'm actually not the one who designed the panels for these pcbs, but I can help with the mods.

For a fast/slow switch, you could wire up a switch to bring in another cap in parallel to the existing lfo timing cap. (i'll draw that on the the wiring diagram)

with a pot on the input to the s/h, you can limit the range of output voltages. for example, if feeding the s/h from a noise source, you can limit the amount of 'randomness'.

VR3 = "SKEW"

VR4 = "SPEED"

Also, On the PCB I drew lines in the silk screen denoting the different sections of the board, i.e. noise, s/h, lfo. If you want to only build the LFO, you can just populate that section. (you'd still want to populate the power supply caps though)

-m
E.A.S.
Dimitree wrote:
blandoon wrote:
Preliminary crappy Frac panel design, including sample/track switch:

how do you switch (circuit-wise) from track&hold to sample&hold?

basically, you need to use a trigger rather than a gate into the S/H clock input. if using the internal LFO to clock the s/h, you need to turn the SKEW or SHAPE knob so its a short pulse rather than a square wave.

Or if you want it to always be a S/H rather than both. you can add a simple resistor/cap hpf in the input the convert the square to a pulse. (I haven't done this with this circuit, but that'd be the place i'd start, if i were to try)

Hope this helps!

-M
Randy
Mike, thanks for adding to the discussion, help is always appreciated. I had a feeling you didn't do those panels, maybe I'll fool with some additions once I get it working.

Looking forward to the wiring diagram.

Randy
blandoon
E.A.S. wrote:
Dimitree wrote:
blandoon wrote:
Preliminary crappy Frac panel design, including sample/track switch:

how do you switch (circuit-wise) from track&hold to sample&hold?

basically, you need to use a trigger rather than a gate into the S/H clock input. if using the internal LFO to clock the s/h, you need to turn the SKEW or SHAPE knob so its a short pulse rather than a square wave.

Or if you want it to always be a S/H rather than both. you can add a simple resistor/cap hpf in the input the convert the square to a pulse. (I haven't done this with this circuit, but that'd be the place i'd start, if i were to try)

Hope this helps!

-M

Yup - I wanted the option to switch between both at will since the track-and-hold is pretty cool on its own. I'm basically just using Ken Stone's gate-to-trigger converter here: http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs24_gatetotrigger.html

I'm building this to help complete my Frac modular, which I have a pretty big investment in already... That means I also have to add a Frac/MOTM-type power connector, so I plan to build a little daughterboard on perfboard or similar, with the Doepfer-style female and MTA-156 male connectors, plus Ken's circuit (or rather half of it) and flying wires to an SPDT switch, which either passes the clock input from the jack (as stock) or the trigger generated by the CGS converter. SlayerBadger!
E.A.S.
wiring diagram. Leo/n/t&h 2.0 wiring diagram by itsfatmike, on Flickr

Also, FWIW, All of the connections are labeled on the solder side copper layer.

I've also added a few extra ground connections on the PCB for convenience.

-m
Randy
Thanks Mike!

Randy
woodster
Ahh Cool,
Many thanks Mike for the updated V2 wiring details applause

@ Randy, I'd think that the additional pots for the LFO/S&H/Noise will be wired just the same as the additional pots shown in that V2 VCF wiring guide... Hopefully Mike will confirm.
Randy
woodster, I'll check that but I'm considering just keeping it simple and using only the two pots. I can use an outboard attenuator for the noise anyways, seems more modular-ish.

Randy
Randy
Hey Mike, sorry to bug you (again) but I was wondering if you can tell me what C5 is for? The reason I ask is that I do not have any 22nf caps left but I do have 33nf and I was wondering what effect using a higher value cap would have?

Thanks

Randy
Randy
I finished the LFO/Noise/S&H and only the LFO works (but the LED does not). Followed Mike's wiring diagram, no idea what's going on.

Anybody want to suggest some places to look?

Thanks

Randy
LektroiD
woodster wrote:
Just ordered one of these PCB's.
Now need to grab a panel!

I'd order one too, if I knew where the panels are available...
Randy
There are no panels, I made my own.

Randy
negativspace
Check this forum tomorrow-ish. Was going to get a thread going before the weekend but... outage. Hoping to get panels on the market again soon.
Randy
negativspace wrote:
Check this forum tomorrow-ish. Was going to get a thread going before the weekend but... outage. Hoping to get panels on the market again soon.

That's good news, any photos of the panel?

Randy
negativspace

(Except not black.)
Randy
Nice, thanks! For those of us that are new at this, keep in mind there is no wiring diagram (that I've been able to find) for the version 2 PCB and the negativspace panel.

Even with a simple panel, with the basic functions only, I haven't been able to get mine to work.

Randy
Randy
Has anyone built one of these that actually works that can give me a bit of advice? A wiring diagram, some photos of the finished board, that sort of thing?

Thanks

Randy
negativspace
Mine works great, but it's a v1. sad banana
Randy
negativspace wrote:
Mine works great, but it's a v1. sad banana

Argh! Maybe I should get a version 1?

Randy
woodster
What are you having an issue with Randy ?
Mine isn't anywhere near done, as I don't have a panel sorted out yet, have the PCB all soldered, and pots n jacks ready, just need a panel...
negativspace
I'll start the panel thread tonight.
Randy
woodster wrote:
What are you having an issue with Randy ?
Mine isn't anywhere near done, as I don't have a panel sorted out yet, have the PCB all soldered, and pots n jacks ready, just need a panel...

I followed Mike's wiring diagram, using a simple panel with only the pots for Rate and Skew/PW. The LFO works but nothing else, no noise, no sample and hold.

Mike shows a connection going from the Trigger in switch terminal (which I think is the S&H clock in) to the Pulse out, meaning if there is nothing plugged into the S&H clock in, the S&H clock comes from the pulse out, which makes sense.

I feel like there is another connection missing, between the White Noise out and the S&H in switch terminal but since I'm not getting any noise out either, I doubt that would help.

Randy
negativspace
(panel thread started)
ac
negativspace wrote:

Wow! You've gotta show off more of your setup...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 3 of 4