MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

R-56 reverb module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author R-56 reverb module
metasonix

Just starting to build them.

No, they are not on our website yet. Sorry.

No, we don't have sample sounds yet. Sorry. If you are really desperate to hear it, come to the Robotspeak demo day this Saturday afternoon. We plan to show one in a demo system, and also deliver a couple of finished pieces to Robotspeak for sale.

The R-56 is 28HP wide and needs 300 mA from +-12v. The panel is an engraved plain-anodized aluminum one with black infill.

Limited issue, was planning to do 50 pieces.

More soon.
theabsent
thumbs up

Waiting for the sounds lol
dj_bluefalcon
Metasonix! for prez
Villarceau
Wow. Will a few of these be distributed to Europe too?
EarlJemmings
Drunken Homer Simpson
Mat
"Limited issue" It's motherfucking bacon yo
en ingles
Does the "Drive Signal Invert" switch just passively switch the polarity of the signal fed to the reverb input coil; effectively switching the black & red wires of the input coil back and forth (as with a DPDT switch)?
Khyber Pass
Holy smokes. Really looking forward to hearing some sounds from that thing. w00t
metasonix
en ingles wrote:
Does the "Drive Signal Invert" switch just passively switch the polarity of the signal fed to the reverb input coil; effectively switching the black & red wires of the input coil back and forth (as with a DPDT switch)?

Yes. An external spring tank, if used, will not be affected by the switch, so the transient will tend to cancel out and you get a "Hot Springs" type of effect.
rechner7
hey eric, the module looks really hot love. do you already have rough price tag for it? where on earth is the yellowish metasonix paint? waah

edit: i found the answer to my question "i just wonder if its possible to remove the blue tank and touch the springs?" here
numan7
Guinness ftw! i sure hope that i'm paying attention, and have the $499, on the day these go on sale (and probably sell out w/in 10 minutes... here's to hoping that a less limited edition of R-56 will eventually be offered in standard yellow trade dress, i guess)! The Agonizer!

cheers
numan7
metasonix wrote:

Just starting to build them.

No, they are not on our website yet. Sorry.

No, we don't have sample sounds yet. Sorry. If you are really desperate to hear it, come to the Robotspeak demo day this Saturday afternoon. We plan to show one in a demo system, and also deliver a couple of finished pieces to Robotspeak for sale.

The R-56 is 28HP wide and needs 300 mA from +-12v. The panel is an engraved plain-anodized aluminum one with black infill.

Limited issue, was planning to do 50 pieces.

More soon.

Lotsa Love 2 of those would just look soooooooo visually nice in the blue curvy case (or its matching skiff) scheduled to arrive here next month!

must pay attention...Dead Banana

cheers

cheers
Smokey
Holy tubes batman!

This would be amazing to pair with my S-1000 and D-1000. I’d probably try to write an album using just those three items.

I don’t have any Eurorack equipment though… would the Doepfer Mini-Case work? It seems like it would fit but the Mini-Case is rated at 200mA while the R-56 is rated at 300mA. This maybe a dumb question but not having a Eurorack, I haven’t really have to pay much attention to power ratings.

Any other suggestions for a standalone case/power for just this module?

Great Job Eric, it looks fantastic.
FatRocky
applause They look great, I can't wait

I need two!
darcmorcel
Smokey wrote:

Any other suggestions for a standalone case/power for just this module?

This one should be ok :
http://pittsburghmodular.com/cell-48-desktop-case/
Smokey
darcmorcel wrote:

This one should be ok :

Sweet, thanks for the link. My first introduction to Euro may hopefully be this sweet ass-nasty 'verb.
askthedust
Smokey wrote:
darcmorcel wrote:

This one should be ok :

Sweet, thanks for the link. My first introduction to Euro may hopefully be this sweet ass-nasty 'verb.

Not sure it will handle the 850 or so mA when you turn it on.
darcmorcel
Oops, you're right, didn't see that at first d'oh!
metasonix
askthedust wrote:
darcmorcel wrote:

This one should be ok :
Not sure it will handle the 850 or so mA when you turn it on.

It should work, assuming it is not using switching supplies. (Which I assume it doesn't, from looking at photos and specs.)

The Doepfer mini-case should also work, although you will need a larger AC-AC adapter to run it than the stock adapter, which is very small.
Castratii
Wow. This I have to hear. Please send at least one to Australia!
a scanner darkly
So if powering it from something like Pittsburgh Cell 90 which has the following specs:

power: 850ma linear supply
12vac 2.0a ac power adapter

how much out of that could be safely allocated to other modules taking the 850 initial spike into account? If Doepfer mini case and cell 48 are okay does it mean that the power supply should be able to handle that initial spike as long as after that everything is within the limit? And would there be any danger to other modules during that initial spike?
Smokey
These may be starting to trickle out there...

Was checking Perfect Circuit's website and to my surprise they had a R-56 in stock. I bought it and the listing changed to "out of stock".

So either I just made a pre-order or they actually had a unit in stock for me.

Metasonix! = applause
a scanner darkly
I grabbed one from Robotspeak, decided to check all the distributors yesterday morning and was lucky to get the last one they had. AH page is also up but not sure if they're gone already or haven't been listed yet.
causticlogic
The AH entry has been up for over a week already. To my knowledge it has never said anything was "in stock".
ritchiedrums
woah woah woah
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5