MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Complement my S1mk2 with 6U - advice?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Complement my S1mk2 with 6U - advice?
haven
I have been spending way too much time thinking about this and need some outside perspective. I recently picked up a used Cwejman S1mk2 locally. this has made me rethink my modular a LOT. For one it is expensive and I need to pay for it MY ASS IS BLEEDING and two it replaces a lot of the modules I have with a precise complex semi modular package. Oh and I love the sound.

Until now my modular has been fairly east coast subtractive focused with sequencing modules. I have had the recent opportunity to try out a QMMG and I really like the sound, my first LPG experience. I was using a Pro2000mk2 for MIDI, but will probably sell it since the S1mk2 has a great MIDI to CV included.

My plan is to sell off a bunch of modules and reorganize so that the S1mk2 is at the top of my modular, with about 4 rows of euro below. Idealy I want the Euro to focus more on west coast style (VC AD, LPG, Waveshaping) and complementary filters and sequencing.

I will be removing -
A106-5 SEM Filter,
A108 1/2/4/8 pole transistor ladder filter,
A110 Standard Oscillator,
A114 Dual Ring Mod,
A132-2 Quad VCA,
A134 VC Panner/Cross Fade,
A141 VC ADSR,
A143-2 Quad ADSR,
A143-9 voltage controlled quadrature lfo,
A162 Dual Trigger Delay,
A171 VC Slew,
A152 Switch,
SY02,
A186 OR,
A145 LFO,
Frequensteiner.

I have already had AFGs and M15s and prefer the Z3000s combined with Wave shapers. I also have a couple A138d insert modules in a separate case for pedals and FX

I do ambient trance lately.

here is my proposed system, the QMMG, MATHS and Tame Machine I would buy. Everything else I have already. For mults I have a Ad Infinitum I would yous with the MIDI to CV outs on the S1mk2 rear leaving me with 2 4 way mults extra.

The lower two rows are in a table top case, the rest is in a slanted rack, so its all nicely in reach.

So am I crazy? Should I rearrange some of the modules I am intending to sell? Any S1mk2 owners care to share what they find complements it really well?
dougcl
If I understand correctly, you want to complement your s1mk2 with 12U of east coast subtractive synthesis in euro rack. So it's a little confusing because to me insofar as I understand what is meant by East Coast, the s1mk2 covers mostly that. So to get more of that in the euro would not be what I would think of as a complement to the s1mk2. The other thing that is confusing to me is that your planned euro is not East Coast at all, is it? So maybe there is a typo in there or I read it wrong. You might consider selling all of the euro and just getting a second s1mk2?
haven
sorry, that was a typo - West coast Euro complement to the S1mk2 is my goal.
Fidgit
no matter which coast, the S1 would benefit massively from some additional mixers, multiples and LFOs.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1