Anyone have a spare Bug modular psu?-

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, infradead, BugBrand

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Anyone have a spare Bug modular psu?-

Post by Nelson Baboon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm getting another row of modules from Norway, but the psu with it would have to get converted to American power...I can't do this, would have to find someone to do it, etc?

Anyone have one that they can sell me?

numan7
the most autistic amongst us

Post by numan7 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:54 pm

why not just get a ac-ac converter (the one i use with my 220 volts bugbrand psu costs $30 at frys electronics, for example)?

cheers
"knowledge has to be organized so it can be taught, and it has to be reduced to information so it can be organized do you follow that? in other words this leads you to assume that organization is an inherent property of knowledge itself, and that disorder and chaos are simply irrelevant forces that threaten it from outside. in fact it's exactly the opposite. order is simply a thin, perilous condition we try to impose on the basic reality of chaos..." --william gaddis

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:41 pm

numan7 wrote:why not just get a ac-ac converter (the one i use with my 220 volts bugbrand psu costs $30 at frys electronics, for example)?

cheers
hmmm - Tom seems to be saying that some internal mods must be made. I don't know enough to question this...are all psus the same as far as whether this device will work?

reignbear
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by reignbear » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:54 pm

i can't speak for him, but i'm pretty sure low-gain has put together some bug PSUs before. i think they are just power one supplies in custom enclosures. i could be wrong about that though...

numan7
the most autistic amongst us

Post by numan7 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:16 pm

you only need to mod the psu if you want to use it without a converter/adaptor.

the converter i use plugs into a standard north american 120 volts outlet, and has a european-type socket that provides 220 volts (at up to 4 amps, i think). the bugbrand psu just plugs right in. and it works great!

cheers
"knowledge has to be organized so it can be taught, and it has to be reduced to information so it can be organized do you follow that? in other words this leads you to assume that organization is an inherent property of knowledge itself, and that disorder and chaos are simply irrelevant forces that threaten it from outside. in fact it's exactly the opposite. order is simply a thin, perilous condition we try to impose on the basic reality of chaos..." --william gaddis

Return to “BugBrand Devices”