MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anyone have a spare Bug modular psu?-
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Anyone have a spare Bug modular psu?-
Nelson Baboon
I'm getting another row of modules from Norway, but the psu with it would have to get converted to American power...I can't do this, would have to find someone to do it, etc?

Anyone have one that they can sell me?
numan7
why not just get a ac-ac converter (the one i use with my 220 volts bugbrand psu costs $30 at frys electronics, for example)?

cheers
Nelson Baboon
numan7 wrote:
why not just get a ac-ac converter (the one i use with my 220 volts bugbrand psu costs $30 at frys electronics, for example)?

cheers

hmmm - Tom seems to be saying that some internal mods must be made. I don't know enough to question this...are all psus the same as far as whether this device will work?
reignbear
i can't speak for him, but i'm pretty sure low-gain has put together some bug PSUs before. i think they are just power one supplies in custom enclosures. i could be wrong about that though...
numan7
you only need to mod the psu if you want to use it without a converter/adaptor.

the converter i use plugs into a standard north american 120 volts outlet, and has a european-type socket that provides 220 volts (at up to 4 amps, i think). the bugbrand psu just plugs right in. and it works great!

cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1