The 'Who Can Build Me a TTSH?' Thread

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

themanthatwasused
I don't speak that language anyway

Post by themanthatwasused » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:56 am

Now that the Price is known for the kit as well as the case.
Can we have a price point for a built TTSH for the non-DIY here in the forum
:tu:

LED-man
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by LED-man » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:59 am

:75:
Last edited by LED-man on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
################################
TTSH Support Page and other DIY Projects:
https://www.DSL-man.de

executiveBlaster
Wiggling with Experience

Post by executiveBlaster » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:21 am

Will build and test for $2000 from Austin, TX! (That includes the cost of your kit, of course) I really want one of these bad boyzzzz

da_hans
Learning to Wiggle

Post by da_hans » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Someone asked me, if I could help him building his own one by himself, kind of build-your-own-TTSH-classes, if someone wants to join, I'm still based in Berlin.

G7
Common Wiggler

Post by G7 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:01 pm

I'm up for building, örebro, sweden :guinness:

edit: I also visit gothenburg regularly

samuraipizzacat29
adadadadadadadsr

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:08 pm

I'll happily build for anyone in the PA NJ DE NY MD area. I'd like to keep it to hand delivered.

Thanks,
Nate
"You can't rule the world by going at it all scattershot." - Pearl Forrester, "The Final Sacrifice"

Always stuff for sale. Pm me, add me on facebook. Send a carrier pigeon. Fox me.

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:32 pm

executiveBlaster wrote:Will build and test for $2000 from Austin, TX! (That includes the cost of your kit, of course) I really want one of these bad boyzzzz
610 for kit + prob 500 for components + say 400 for case + 40 for speakers + 20 for reverb + at least 50 shipping to get miscellaneous stuff to your place for build + 40 for power supply + 40 or so for MIDI implementation... = 1700 and I am not even trying to come up with other little things.

I might have you build mine if you'll send me a completed one for $2000. :mrgreen:
Brian
"I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create." William Blake

"Vactrols ringing, Dude." "Thank you Donny"

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:53 pm

executiveBlaster wrote:Will build and test for $2000 from Austin, TX! (That includes the cost of your kit, of course) I really want one of these bad boyzzzz
Let me just state this publicly...

I was not trying to be elitist, jerkoff sounding with my response to your offer to build for that amount.

It was meant to be playful but also give a little feedback so that you don't undershoot yourself. It's even possible I misunderstood your post. So anyways, please forgive me if I insulted you. That was certainly not my intention. :hug:
Brian
"I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create." William Blake

raisinbag
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by raisinbag » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Wow in the time I read Super's thread, read yours contemplated the whole matter, decided I would also reply, me decay already posted again. I wouldn't want to see anyone loose money or be put in some uncomfortable situation. When I ran the numbers, one of the first posts where $3500 was the build price made sense once I ran the numbers. Decaying sine, yu always have positive things to say, so I doubt anyone took you as being a jerk. What good is a community if people aren't honest with one another and looking out each other's backs. So in a nut shell, building for $2k the buildiner will mostlikely be loosing a bit of money (or at best turning some o their component stock into some liquid cash). And if you break even, maybe just building it for free is reward enough. I love Super Synth stuff, so I wana see you stay I business for a long time!!!! :hail:

rekem1000
I shall be Neu! Orbison

Post by rekem1000 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Yes $2k is either waaay undervaluing your own time and workmanship quality... or it isn't...

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:26 pm

rekem1000 wrote:Yes $2k is either waaay undervaluing your own time and workmanship quality... or it isn't...
If you check out executiveBlaster's site or are familiar with his work then you know the quality is superb, professional, out of this world!
Brian

rekem1000
I shall be Neu! Orbison

Post by rekem1000 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:23 pm

I know he does good work that's kinda why I was having a dig to point out that you shouldn't undervalue yourself.

andrewF
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by andrewF » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:33 pm

decaying.sine wrote:

I might have you build mine if you'll send me a completed one for $2000. :mrgreen:
That was my 1st thought, for that price I won't bother DIYing
3-4k is a more realistic price for the work involved.

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:39 pm

I'll bet he forgot a zero... 20,000 :lol:

Brian

pulse_divider

Post by pulse_divider » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:45 pm

To me it looks like $2k for labor and parts that aren't pcb/panel/case.

I'm in Akron, Ohio and hope to build a couple to sell. I'd like to make one for myself first to see how much I'll charge (been so busy I haven't even seen the BOM yet) but I'm gonna try and order some before the window closes.

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:09 am

pulse_divider wrote:To me it looks like $2k for labor and parts that aren't pcb/panel/case.

I'm in Akron, Ohio and hope to build a couple to sell. I'd like to make one for myself first to see how much I'll charge (been so busy I haven't even seen the BOM yet) but I'm gonna try and order some before the window closes.
Probably true. But that is too simple. This is the internet and we have to compute everything and twist everything and misinterpret and then blah blah blah.... All my posts are sent through low pass filtering in the Muff's retro encabulator.

[video][/video]
Brian

executiveBlaster
Wiggling with Experience

Post by executiveBlaster » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:40 pm

ah! well you guys are all totally right. 8_) I didn't factor in the parts cost at all, pretty important :doh: so! instead I should say: I'd be down to assemble someone's TTSH kit for them for $1000. totally different, haha.

and zero hard feelings, youz guyz! we owe it to each other to call each other out when we say dumb stuff!

lintfresh
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lintfresh » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:14 am

Been on the fence about this project for a while but I think I'll be diving in ultimately...
It never ends!! :cry: :deadbanana:

Soooo....
I'm based in Seattle and I'm willing to build for others for super affordable.
Where all my Pacific NW peeps at!!? :tu:

maurice
Common Wiggler

Post by maurice » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:14 am

I just ordered a rare part kits compulsivly, no pcb and panels are available until july
if someone in the uk has a pcb and panel, I'd be happy to by the final product
2000$ is 1200 british pounds, right ?
Last edited by maurice on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

nick_s666
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nick_s666 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Hello All,
Newbie here and seems I need to post in order to send a PM [am trying to contact one of the UK TTSH builders earlier in this thread as I'm in WAY over my head on this Bad Boy]
n

nick_s666
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nick_s666 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Hello All,
Newbie here and seems I need to post in oredr to send a PM [am trying to contact one of the UK TTSH builders earlier in this thread as I'm in WAY over my head on this Bad Boy]
n

astroschnautzer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by astroschnautzer » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:38 am

I will have one extra ttsh in a few months with a wooden box, contact if interested....

-W

lilakmonoke
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lilakmonoke » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:46 pm

judging by all the build declarations there must be dozends of working ttsh already around. who actually has built one already? i know one builder here in germany who built one ...

elmegil
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by elmegil » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:58 pm

I've seen about 8 or so posted to the TTSH build thread....

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:49 am

Yes, this is the thread for builders-for-hire, look at the TTSH general build thread to see some finished ones :hihi: There's pics and/or video of at least a few (including mine), and plenty of more confirmed in the wild it seems!
Warm thank you to everyone for the past 10 years. I'm not active here anymore for personal reasons, so for those I've had the pleasure of dealing with please send an e-mail instead of PM if you wish to get in touch.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”