MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oh... just a little teaser...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Oh... just a little teaser...
computer controlled
Click image to hear audio...

blungo2
Cool!
tonnu
most important question: how does it measure up as a standard analog-type delay

i have a tyme sefari and while its great as a lofi sound mangler, it cannot take the role of a standard delay at all

will the SoS fill my standard delay needs? i'm lazy to carry delay pedals with me when im doing live stuff
computer controlled
I will put some demos up later on this evening. Some of which will feature it being use as a standard analogue delay with some drum machine action. I'll pump some other synths through it as well. I'll try to cover as much ground as i can. If anyone wants to hear anything specific, let me know. I'll give a list of my modules so you pick from that. Otherwise some of what you guys might want to hear i won't be able to do =o]

Modules:
Doepfer A-105
Doepfer A-131
Doepfer A-138a
Doepfer A-140
Doepfer A-145
Doepfer A-180
Toptop Z3000
MFB OSC-01
Harvestman Polivoks
FoH Plague Bearer
Make Noize mod/deMod
A.Sol ATT4 Attenuator
Livewire Dual Bissell Gen

I'll patch up anything from that list you guys can come up with and record it.

The perks of having Kevin live 5 mins from my place
applause
blungo2
If you have the time, i'd like to hear some really simple patches that start out dry then with the shortest possible and longest possible delays, then some cv control of the delay.
Thanks!
NV
I'd also kind of like to hear some "boring" demos to really get a feel for the character of the delay.
dude
how many hp?
blungo2
dude
thx
computer controlled
OK, the first of the demos. This is my 707 running through the SOS. Lots of LFO modding of the Rate and Feedback. Then at the end i just let it feedback on it's own for a bit w/o any audio running into it.

http://acid.experimedia.net/707andSoundOfShadows.mp3
ST UF FLI N EAR
that sounds awesome! SlayerBadger!
i really like the slow rate slurpy sounds.
VanEck
Definitely looking forward to this module. I think a nice crazy delay is what my rig has been needing.
Cat-A-Tonic
Sound great. 8_)

Can this do Karplus-Strong?
If so, please do a demo of that.
tonnu
Thanks a lot that sounds really nice!
However please do anfee demos with vanilla stuff like synth voice run through the delay with longggggg feedback so we can hear the decay of the feedback tail.

Btw what's the max delay time on these?
computer controlled
To be honest, i don't know how to do Karplus-Strong synthesis. I know it has to do with feedback though hmmm.....

I think Keven said he got a max of 3 seconds of delay. I'll do some quick demos of simple delays.
cut with flourish
+1 for hearing more of how the sound decays on long delays.
computer controlled
Here is a quick recording of 2 notes with the max amount of feedback i can give it w/o it starting to regenerate into it self.

http://acid.experimedia.net/SOSDelay.mp3
tonnu
thanks a lot!

that sounds really nice wink

sounds like it can pass for a traditional delay with lots of weirdness possibilities

the decay didn't sound especially 'warm' or characteristically 'analog' to my ears but it did sound nice enough (nicer than TS for standard delay tones in any case)

i can definitely see this in my setup

when will it be available though!?

by the way, was mix set to max on this? the feedback seems a bit soft / short .. for something on the verge of self oscillation i'd expect the feedback to be a tad thicker than this
tonnu
thanks a lot!

that sounds really nice wink

sounds like it can pass for a traditional delay with lots of weirdness possibilities

the decay didn't sound especially 'warm' or characteristically 'analog' to my ears but it did sound nice enough (nicer than TS for standard delay tones in any case)

i can definitely see this in my setup

when will it be available though!?

by the way, was mix set to max on this? the feedback seems a bit soft / short .. for something on the verge of self oscillation i'd expect the feedback to be a tad thicker than this
computer controlled
The mix is set at 50%. Any more and the original signal starts getting too soft. For my taste anyway.
Synesthesia
Arrrrrgh i want one of those !!!!
blungo2
Sounds good! Can you do some really short /reverby sample?
computer controlled
OK, here ya go:

http://acid.experimedia.net/SoSShortDelay.mp3
blungo2
Sounds great! Thanks!

Any idea when they'll be available?
computer controlled
No idea, sorry.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2