MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

this or this?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author this or this?
anselmi
differences in RED It's peanut butter jelly time!

SYSTEM A:

SYSTEM B:

A Dingleberry Monstrosity

Just because I plan on getting the harvestman module. haha....

You are already getting the VCO6, or plan on getting it so the AFG would be giving you quite a lot of overlap. PLUS some people seemed to be let down a little bit by the AFG whereas people are raving about the tiptop osc. Aparentely it FMs quite wonderfuly!! hyper

I just wish I could get past the look though... it reminds me of behringer so much angry

will this be your only setup? Its quite limited in my opinion! You need some more LFOs!!!

If it were me, I would get rid of the doepfer env gen (since you have 2 maths), the cwejman vca-mix and use the qmmg as a final mixer. What are you going to clock/sequence it with?

sorry to but in and give you advice you didnt ask for!!! applause hmmm..... thumbs up

if you go with #1 and want to buy a doepfer ring mod, im selling mine. thumbs up
anselmi
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
You are already getting the VCO6, or plan on getting it so the AFG would be giving you quite a lot of overlap.

yeah, I think that maybe they´re too much on the same side...

Quote:
PLUS some people seemed to be let down a little bit by the AFG whereas people are raving about the tiptop osc. Aparentely it FMs quite wonderfuly!! hyper

I read the same...I like the sound of the z3000`s pure and modulated waves and I´m looking for something different to the VCO-6
the anti-oscillator was other option but I´m afraid It would be too much specific sonicwise...I think I need something more versatile without being characterless...maybe I´m wrong with the z-3000, I´m not 100% sure if it´s what I´m after

Quote:
I just wish I could get past the look though... it reminds me of behringer so much angry

ooohhh, shit! hahahaha! never thinked about it before, but now maybe I start to dislike it because of your comment! hihi

Quote:
will this be your only setup? Its quite limited in my opinion! You need some more LFOs!!!

If it were me, I would get rid of the doepfer env gen (since you have 2 maths),

both lines answered here: I want the maths for both envelope and LFO tasks...I think that they and the uLFO covers a lot of territory together

Quote:
I would get rid of the cwejman vca-mix and use the qmmg as a final mixer.

mmm...not my cup of tea...I want both clear VCAs and LPG-type VCAs...
Also I use a lot of routing so more mixers and VCAs is key for me

Quote:
What are you going to clock/sequence it with?

elektron gear/LFO on kenton pro solo MKII

Quote:
sorry to but in and give you advice you didnt ask for!!! applause hmmm..... thumbs up

hey, thanks a lot for your words! I have to hear experiented people to finish this system

Quote:
if you go with #1 and want to buy a doepfer ring mod, im selling mine. thumbs up

If I decide it I´ll PM you for sure, thanks!
tIB
Im sure you've thought this through already but what about system 2 with a hertz donut and mfb dual adsr instead of the z3000, polivoks and doepfer adsr? If you had any hp left add a wasp filter (or other smaller filter).

Looks like a great setup thumbs up
Cat-A-Tonic
System B would be my choice.

I'm sure the AFG is great, but for the space I would much rather have a Cwejman VCO6 and the TipTop Z3000.

Consider swapping the A-167 Comparator for an A-189 VC Bit Cruncher as is includes a couple comparator modes + extra fun stuff.
tonnu
Prefer first setup as you probably don't need more filters. IMO the QMMG and the polivoks are a bit similar in that they are aggressive filters with unstable resonance characteristics.

However, TIB's comment to add the HD is extremely interesting especially in a small setup as you'd get two osc in one package!
anselmi
tIB wrote:
Im sure you've thought this through already but what about system 2 with a hertz donut and mfb dual adsr instead of the z3000, polivoks and doepfer adsr? If you had any hp left add a wasp filter (or other smaller filter).

Looks like a great setup thumbs up

tonnu wrote:
However, TIB's comment to add the HD is extremely interesting especially in a small setup as you'd get two osc in one package!

Tib: I was considering the HD too...really...but I´m a bit afraid of go "too digital"... oops

yeah, I have to recognize that although I love some digital gear (as the elektrons) my heart is mostly at the analog side of the spectre...

I know that eventually I would get the HD as a third oscillator...or maybe someone convince me that it can sound round and creamy enough to beat the z3000 and other alternatives now

being the VCO-6 a bit on the "precise" way of analog I think I´d have to balance the equation with the z3000, a M15 or antioscillator

the MFB dual ADSR is another good alternative...after the 2 maths I think just 1 ADSR and 1 LFO have to be enough for most patches, but the MFB features 2 of them in a very small space

tonnu wrote:
you probably don't need more filters. IMO the QMMG and the polivoks are a bit similar in that they are aggressive filters with unstable resonance characteristics.

well, that´s new and very informative...I can´t find a demo with the QMMG acting like a classic filter, I mean performing simple filter tasks like a sweep with different modes and resonance levels
but what you said is interesting as long as I want a wild filter to complement the MMF-1

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
Consider swapping the A-167 Comparator for an A-189 VC Bit Cruncher as is includes a couple comparator modes + extra fun stuff.

hey! I don´t know about the A-189 VC Bit Cruncher befor!
thanks for the advise! I´ll take it instead of the A-167!
dkcg
I like the ringmod over the comparator, but that could come in handy with the Maths too. Hard choice. Maybe add another 3u? hihi
tIB
anselmi wrote:

Tib: I was considering the HD too...really...but I´m a bit afraid of go "too digital"... oops

yeah, I have to recognize that although I love some digital gear (as the elektrons) my heart is mostly at the analog side of the spectre...

I have the same worries here, though based on the demos Ive heard it just seems capable of so much even before its gone through anything else so Ill gamble on it.

Its a bit of a strange choice in that I wanted something really analogue to go with the elektrons, though in the long run Ill be alright as Ill grab an afg (/makenoise osc if he ever makes one) and an mfb osc2.

what Ive heard of the qmmg filtering does sound pretty aggressive; I was pretty suprised and it should match the mmf1 well. I suggested the wasp as its character may offer something that you dont have covered in either of these.

I know I suggested the dual adsr but do you need another env at all with the two maths? I guess it depends on what you plan to do with them...

EDIT: I still get green when I see that cwejman quad vca thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1