MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[SHIPPING] nw2s::b - Arduino Based Algorithmic Controller
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author [SHIPPING] nw2s::b - Arduino Based Algorithmic Controller
scottwilson
Preorders will be open until January 31! http://nw2s.net/order/

That's this friday! Just letting you guys know that no kits have yet been sold! Probably understandable since it's a bit of a beast, but If you're thinking about it, you have until this Friday. I'll be putting in orders for all the knobs/pots/jacks/switches and PCBs then based on the number of preorders, so after Friday, the turnaround time may increase.

In case you didn't get the news from the other thread, I've updated the circuit to provide bipolar inputs and outputs! That's -5 to +5 in stock configuration and -10 to +10 with an op amp upgrade!

Thanks a lot - getting close!

-s
horstronic
scottwilson wrote:

That's this friday! Just letting you guys know that no kits have yet been sold! Probably understandable since it's a bit of a beast, but If you're thinking about it, you have until this Friday. I'll be putting in orders for all the knobs/pots/jacks/switches and PCBs then based on the number of preorders, so after Friday, the turnaround time may increase.

In case you didn't get the news from the other thread, I've updated the circuit to provide bipolar inputs and outputs! That's -5 to +5 in stock configuration and -10 to +10 with an op amp upgrade!

Thanks a lot - getting close!

-s

I would take a kit, just can't afford it at the moment... Dead Banana
Stab Frenzy
scottwilson wrote:

That's this friday! Just letting you guys know that no kits have yet been sold! Probably understandable since it's a bit of a beast, but If you're thinking about it, you have until this Friday.

It might be that for the fully built one it's only $200 down now and then the rest later, whereas the kit is $475 now. I want the kit but I'm tempted by the fully built one instead, cause I don't need to fork out the cash right now. If there was a $200 + $275 option for the kit I'd preorder right this second.
scottwilson
Okay guys - had a couple of requests for the same, so I've officially opened up the kits to preorder with only a deposit. $200 now and the balance of $275 will be due prior to delivery.

http://nw2s.net/product/nw2s-b-fullkit/

There's only a few more days before I'm going to have to commit to switches, knobs, and pots so help me out and order as soon as possible!

In other news - panels are shipping TODAY! and I received the first shipment of commodity parts - yes, I'm the proud owner of multiple thousands of resistors, capacitors, IC sockets, and LEDs.
Stab Frenzy
Just ordered, looking forward to it getting my hands on it!
337is
After pining away for this, and then fearing I missed my chance, I'm happy to say I've pre-ordered a full kit and am officially stoked! :-)
scottwilson
Yes, thanks for the order.

The limiting factor right now is the turnaround time (and upfront expense) for switches, jacks, and pots.

I've ordered enough of those to have a spare 9 units... or 8 now that one more got snagged up!

Also, we had quite a few kit orders come in at the last minute friday, so we have hit a critical mass to justify the effort to put a good build tutorial together - which I'm working on right now as I build the last prototype (which will be the first built prototype that includes bipolar IO!)

Thanks a lot for all the orders guys! I'll email everyone as soon as I get a better estimate from TT Electronics/BI Tech on the pots, as they have the longest estimated turnaround.

-Scott
scottwilson
The easier of the two build guides is now available in case anyone is interested in perusing it.

http://nw2s.net/nw2sb-panel-board-assembly-guide/

I have about 5 left in the pre-order list if anyone was considering getting a kit or an assembled unit. This will at least give you an idea of the level of documentation you'll get.

Regards,

Scott
Jcsveth
Now that I am officially on board (just ordered a full kit after watching and drooling for a while), do you have a list of all of the unused I/O pins? Thinking about expanding already very frustrating 8_)
J.
scottwilson
Here's a shot of one of the sets of open expansion pinheaders. Sorry it's just a tease. I need to write it up for the website and am just working to get everything assembled and tested as quickly as possible!

scottwilson
I've been an insane soldering madness man the past few weeks. I'll post another detailed update in the other thread, but wanted to at least point you all to the extensibility documentation I've just published:

http://nw2s.net/extensibility/

It covers:

USB
Bluetooth
TWI/I2C
SPI
UART (MIDI)
CAN
GPIO

Hope you find it useful.

In other news, one of the kit purchasers and one of the assembbled purchasers have had some unfortunate events. If anyone wants to help a fellow muffwiggler out and buy their spot, please reach out to me.

Please don't think I'm using that as a cheap way to sell more, there's only 10 kits available and they have all been purchased, so you'll literally be getting one that would otherwise be accounted for so that I can refund the previous purchaser. I want to get these into the hands of folks who can use them! Same with the assembled unit.

Thanks guys!

s
scottwilson
Kits are starting to ship! I'm in the process of emailing everyone. The only thing slowing the kits down are all the cables I have to make! I'll never underestimate the work required for the board interconnects ever again! Anyway, if you haven't heard from me, you should by the end of the week.

Thanks again!

s
Stab Frenzy
Very much looking forward to this.
Jcsveth
Stab Frenzy wrote:
Very much looking forward to this.

Me too. I wonder, as this gets closer, whether a separate forum to discuss this and share ideas/programs would be useful (or used at all)? A central information/software repository would be ideal - especially if there are going to be more runs of this module.
scottwilson
I separate forum could be useful. I should reach out.

We'll definitely have more runs of this guy. May be towards the end of the year, but it will happen...

s
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3