MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Future Sound Systems Decade Counter DC1 demo up on Youtube
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Future Sound Systems  
Author Future Sound Systems Decade Counter DC1 demo up on Youtube
futuresoundsystems
Enjoy!

Here's a small droney freakout with it I recorded this afternoon too.
futuresoundsystems
DC1 triggering an Elektron Machinedrum

felix
Very cool!

I must admit, with the first demo that you had up, I didn't quite get it, but this one with the machinedrum is rad. I get what it's doing now.

Interesting idea to hook it up with the machinedrum too. It's a very cool module for use with a modular, but it gives added functionality to a standalone piece of hardware too!

Any ideas on price/release date yet? I may very well be in for one of these!
futuresoundsystems
Well you can already order the DC-1 through my website but I can't start work on any more modules 'til mid-June. You'll also find a price there (which will soon be revised also, but take it for now, if you want an acrylic panel, take away £20 from the price stated.

HOWEVER

Shawn from Analogue Haven contacted me on Monday expressing his interest to stock the DC1 (reaction = eek! + hyper ) so living in the States, you may want to hang fire 'til I get a response from him (Anyone here know how long it usually takes for him/them to email back? What's the situation with the store also, I can't find any info on their site about their opening hours, etc. confused Is noisebug their new store?).
D/A A/D
Good work man... I may hit you up sometime...
Kwote
noisebug is Chuck Oken's. Shawn is analoguehaven. there was a split.

they're at two seperate physical locations.

Chuck is a great guy, got my Hex this past saturday off him. i hope noisebug does well as it seems he retained some of the original analoguehaven staff.

Shawn is very cool too and has always been a good communicator with me. he's been a little slower on the email lately but for the most part you can count on quick communication. congrats. i'd love to see your stuff available from there. i'd also love to see frac versions *completely blatant hint*
futuresoundsystems
Thanks for the info Kwote. I'll bear that in mind.

Kwote wrote:
i'd also love to see frac versions *completely blatant hint*

FSS builds modules in whichever format you desire. grin
consumed
nice demo!
felix
futuresoundsystems wrote:
What's the situation with the store also, I can't find any info on their site about their opening hours, etc

Yeah Shawn is a bit backed up getting the new location up and running, but he has been fairly quick with responses considering.
futuresoundsystems
Either way, I'll still have lots to keep me busy. This (hopefully) is coming soon...
Kwote
Here's a small droney freakout with it I recorded this afternoon too.

awesome awesome jam!
Kwote
Either way, I'll still have lots to keep me busy. This (hopefully) is coming soon...

very very cool. you're shaping up to be a great manufacturer.

cheers bro.
thermionicjunky
Yeah, if those designs shape up and they are offered in multiple formats, you're going to have some good friends around here.
thermionicjunky
Is your vactrol filter going to be similar to the Doepfer version of the Steiner filter? If so , is there someone who could provide a demo of that filter, or is there a working prototype of the FSS version?
futuresoundsystems
Most probably - a filter's a filter apart from it's not Mr. Green - but yeah, it's the classic Steiner state-in-one-out arrangement. I'll have prototypes of those above modules hopefully by early July.
futuresoundsystems
Just a small update - The prototype FSSI is coming along slowly but surely. Currently working on the 555 Clock + Shaper boards to find the best parts for the best pitch ranges. Easy job, just a while experimenting with stuff. smile
Next in line is the Digital Sub/Pro Oscillator (that's gonna be real fun - I'm very wary of PIC chips), then the MiniSequencer and ADDA Oscillator (decade counters galore razz). The vactrols will have to wait for a bit as I need to find a decent stocker to buy from, anyone got any links they'd like to share?
BTW, I'm kinda showcasing this work-in-progress at Synth DIY UK the weekend after next, pictures of that event will be going online soon after too. smile
krisp14u
The vactrols will have to wait for a bit as I need to find a decent stocker to buy from, anyone got any links they'd like to share?

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=980-0730&SEARC H=&MPN=VTL5C3%2F2&DESC=VTL5C3%2F2&R=980%2D0730&sid=45DE2E802A19617F

BTW, I'm kinda showcasing this work-in-progress at Synth DIY UK the weekend after next, pictures of that event will be going online soon after too. smile

look forwards to having a Tweek of that there progress
futuresoundsystems
Cheers Krisp... but I forgot The Bridechamber sell Vactrols. I can see myself ordering through them seeing as they seem to be cheaper and I'll probably be ordering some other bits and pieces from them anyway.

Are you going to the meeting in Cambridge then? See you there if so! smile
futuresoundsystems
Just a quick notice:
If anyone's interested in ordering any of my modules, it would be good to do so in the next week as after that (July 17 onwards), I will not have access to the PCB tools needed until early September.
DGTom
hyper w00t
Uncopyrightable
What the the standalone formats? Just the pcb, no panel?
futuresoundsystems
grin Old posts hurrah!

Well, with all the problems with the workshop etc. the modules will now be produced in batches. There'll be some DC1s produced soon, firstly in Eurorack, then in other formats. The next module to come out again will be the SEQ-1 Mini-Seq. After that I'll probably run a poll here to find out what should come out next smile

Uncopyrightable: The standalone format is simply the module housed in a box with a 9V DC input... kinda similar to a guitar pedal in a way.
futuresoundsystems
werock
But like a true professional you kept the recording going... 8_)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Future Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1