MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

bubbly gurgly modulation in time? (picture added)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author bubbly gurgly modulation in time? (picture added)
Johnisfaster
in the near future I'm planning on expanding my system to include more unusual moduation than my simple doepfer lfo's, lately I've been wanting ways to make more bubbly gurgly sounds but for my tastes it has to be sync-able or reset-able for it to be use-able (for me)
The lack of resets takes the livewire stuff off the table.

I was thinking of grabbing a ulfo and a polarizing mixer.

I have 2 doepfer lfos, maybe I should ditch both and grab 2 ulfo's?

I'd love to hear some thoughts, of course other module suggestions are welcome

heres a mock up of the direction I'm thinking
worker8
Go for an MFB dual LFO : cheap, 8HP only, cross modulation, reset ... everything you need.
Johnisfaster
oh I didn't realize the mfb dual lfo had xmodulation.. hm..
wetterberg
the key, to me at least, is to have cv modulatable modulation. You've got the mfb dual LFO, a good option, you'vegot your uLFOs, which are sick as oscillators too (hoping to get my second one in a week or two), and a bit more left-field the MakeNoise Maths - can be set to function as two LFOs where you can cv control the rise and fall independently - making it pretty nutso.
Then there's the Vulcan Modulator, which has the crossmodulation already wired (I think with an attenuator built in too?)

plenty of good options smile
DGTom
the MFB is such a no brainer; its 8 hp, CVable, resets & that whacky 'random' waveform.

Do you have S&H + Slew in your system? Get some stepped & smoothed up in there & make any modulation source in time grin
Johnisfaster
DGTom wrote:
the MFB is such a no brainer; its 8 hp, CVable, resets & that whacky 'random' waveform.

Do you have S&H + Slew in your system? Get some stepped & smoothed up in there & make any modulation source in time grin

thats an interesting idea, I don't currently have a slew
D/A A/D
Also FM'ed vactrol filters add some nice bubble and gurgle...
Johnisfaster
D/A A/D wrote:

qmmg keeps coming to mind, haven't figure a way to fit it into my planner design. can you fm the qmmg's filters?
D/A A/D
Johnisfaster wrote:
D/A A/D wrote:

qmmg keeps coming to mind, haven't figure a way to fit it into my planner design. can you fm the qmmg's filters?

Yes, in LP mode with feedback @ noon you can get some really gurgley tones with a ramp wave as the modulator, you have to run it pretty low though.
Johnisfaster
any experience with the http://www.analoguehaven.com/doepfer/a101-2/ ?
wetterberg
yeah, it's not very LPG-like - for some reason i has really insanely fast vactrols in it... which kinda ruins the point.
D/A A/D
Johnisfaster wrote:

That one bubbles better than the QMMG... I am serious.
wetterberg
D/A A/D wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:

interesting. I have the opposite experience, would love to hear more about what you've heard.
a
DGTom
I really like the 101-2, nothing to compare it to really, except fonik 292s with LED+LDR 'open' vactrols,

but, its resonant as a mutha-bitch, acts like a VCA in both mode & is really aggro in VCA mode & you can sequence the modes with gates SlayerBadger!
D/A A/D
wetterberg wrote:
D/A A/D wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:

interesting. I have the opposite experience, would love to hear more about what you've heard.
a

Here you go...
Popski
damn that QMMG is tempting..
I loves me some gurgle!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1