MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Working on fixing the 'session logged out' issue - please log out and log back in as there is a new cookie name. It MAY be worse for a while, sorry. We'll see... I'm working on it. Thanks

INTEREST CHECK- bubblesound modules for frac
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author INTEREST CHECK- bubblesound modules for frac

synthcube

Planning a run of 5u bubblesound modules in collaboration with David... We would very much like to do frac versions too, and welcome your thoughts and feedback


xpando

i'd like to see frac versions applause especially the vcob, ulfo and sem20.

how about some blue panels? thumbs up and bananas of course.. nanners


xpando

bump for potential new frac modules. SlayerBadger!

c'mon frac users.. this is a chance to make a few new modules happen. im all for it.


fluxmonkey

i'm interested. particularly th sem20, frac in general lacks the variety of filter types available in other formats.


Kyhotay

Hell, yeh! The SEM 20 and uLFO look particularly tasty!

I'm also thinking Blue Lantern modules would look hot in Frac...


xpando

Kyhotay wrote:
I'm also thinking Blue Lantern modules would look hot in Frac...

im down for as many new frac options as possible but this thread is an interest check for Bubblesound so lets try to make this happen and maybe other manufacturers will notice that there is some demand for some new frac developments.


Kyhotay

Amen to that!!

I have been adding Euro modules to my set up but if I had the choice between a module in Euro or Frac, I'd go with Frac every time. I prefer the layout and size over Euro. applause


Tubeampguy

SeM20 and uLFO!


monstrinho

Any chance of banana frac versions? If not, would the jacks be panel mounted to allow for conversion to bananas?


speak_onion

Cool, I'd be interested in the cvWS and probably eventually the uLFO.


Norman_Phay

the waveshaper looks pretty good, I'd be interested in one of those, their other stuff I'm already covered for, functionally speaking.


synthcube

Thank everyone for the comments
David is supportive
We have draft designs being reviewed for all the bubblesound modules in frac.. Including the new quad vca smile
To simplify the builds, each module will use a jack/pot Daughterboard and a main PCB.
The daughter boards and panels will be set to accept standard 3.5mm jacks or bananas.
Panels will be traditional black, anodized finish/white etched lettering
(sorry, fans of blue!)
SeM20 is the likely first one out of the box.
Pricing TBD but not out of line with other similar modules. We will offer limited runs of full kits and assembled units.
David is finishing up all the builds for the euro release of the Qvca and hopefully after that, over to this.
We have a handful of other frac panels in the works, for example a few of the Barton circuits, Andrewf neuron/diff, am2140 filter, etc.


Norman_Phay

Blace panels that looked sort of blacet-ish without actually copying Blacet's look (IE similar layout for pots, sockets etc, similar panel finish) would be fantastic if possible.


xpando

synthcube wrote:
We have a handful of other frac panels in the works, for example a few of the Barton circuits, Andrewf neuron/diff, am2140 filter, etc.

nice applause

i would vote for another anodized color other than black. red, green, blue or natural would be sweet. all the frac modules are black except for Bugbrand. something different would be welcome over here. that being said, im just glad to see some new school frac on the horizon.


e-grad

xpando wrote:
i would vote for another anodized color other than black. red, green, blue or natural would be sweet.


Black panels sound so much better! w00t


Cat-A-Tonic

synthcube wrote:

We will offer limited runs of full kits...

We have a handful of other frac panels in the works, for example a few of the Barton circuits, Andrewf neuron/diff, am2140 filter, etc.

This is fun! It's motherfucking bacon yo hyper


monstrinho

Not as glamorous as some of the other Bubblesound modules, but I'd really like to see the lvl+rm in frac. I really need more utility modules in my frac system (inverters, offsets, DC coupled mixers, logic etc). I'd also put my vote in for the uLFO. Hope this happens, it would open up a lot of new options for the format.


e-grad

monstrinho wrote:
I really need more utility modules in my frac system (inverters, offsets, DC coupled mixers...


Mixer/Processor and the rather recent Splitter/Buffer/Mixer.


numan7

Norman_Phay wrote:
Blace panels that looked sort of blacet-ish without actually copying Blacet's look (IE similar layout for pots, sockets etc, similar panel finish) would be fantastic if possible.


hihi in other words, everything the same as b except for that horrid, horrid (in my opinion eek!) font!

thumbs up at any rate, i will definitely want some bubbLESOUND in my frac/BugBrand! rig!!

hmmm..... i wonder how hard it is to coat black panels w/ blue paint...

cheers


e-grad

numan7 wrote:
in other words, everything the same as b except for that horrid, horrid (in my opinion eek!) font!


In theory, I agree: I would not dig the standard fond and would consider it plain wrong that any type of module has it's own second fond. However, in practice I dig it since you can easily tell one module from the other.

Horrid were those day when I had a rather huge Doepfer system with almost any module looks the same.


alesauskas

Quote:
I really need more utility modules in my frac system (inverters, offsets, DC coupled mixers, logic etc).


I agree with e-grad, the Mixer/Processor and Splitter/Buffer/Mixer are 2 of my most used modules. You can also use the Dual Linear VCA (which is DC coupled) as a mixer if you put in two inputs but only use the A out. I also just recently acquired the Analog Logic from Metalbox, love that module, very easy to get very dynamic modulation signals. AND I just saw that he sells the CGS-inspired matrix mixer as a kit, which is awesome.

All that aside, I would love to see some Bubblesound in Frac nanners


synthcube

monstrinho wrote:
Not as glamorous as some of the other Bubblesound modules, but I'd really like to see the lvl+rm in frac. I really need more utility modules in my frac system (inverters, offsets, DC coupled mixers, logic etc). I'd also put my vote in for the uLFO. Hope this happens, it would open up a lot of new options for the format.


each of the existing bubblesound modules has a new frac counterpart coming This is fun!

and will be compatible with traditional jacks or bananas


monstrinho

synthcube wrote:


each of the existing bubblesound modules has a new frac counterpart coming This is fun!

and will be compatible with traditional jacks or bananas


You just made my day!!


Tubeampguy

Bump for Bubblesound in FRAC!
Is this still going to happen?


dJ dAb

I'm in!!!.... Agreed with post concerning use of Blacet layout. 3/4" pot / jack vertical spacing (6 holes top to bottom). My preferred layout too Guinness ftw!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group