MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Gort Spacebar
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Gort Spacebar
chinard
My god this thing makes my teeth hurt!
(the track 'Aliens' needs to be listened to with a subwoofer for maximum teeth-hurty)

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

between this cd and Helicopter.. this wins!
transferpoint
I listened to both on my Genelecs on Saturday... (while on mushrooms.)

Gort Space bar is better for sure but helicopter had its moments too, wayyy different than what I thought it would sound like. But I'm satisfied.

Looks like Richard D James is gonna need to step up his game on the new Aphex Twin album. Mr. key has really outdone himself.

Went and saw skinny puppy last night at house of blues, the show wasn't as good as usual. set list was horrible but between bands they played the new download and plateau stuff.
Audio Resistance
transferpoint wrote:

Went and saw skinny puppy last night at house of blues, the show wasn't as good as usual. set list was horrible but between bands they played the new download and plateau stuff.

That is not what I wanted to hear. sad banana

When you say " Not as good as usual" do you mean like the last tour or like Too Dark Park and Rabies era?

I would not think they could ever top TDP but one can always hope.

I just ordered Gort Space Bar and the new Plateau, I wonder if they will ship out since they are out on Tour.
chinard
transferpoint wrote:
Gort Space bar is better for sure but helicopter had its moments too, wayyy different than what I thought it would sound like. But I'm satisfied.

Oh absolutely. It was no Effector, but it is a great album and has all you would expect and love from download.
Helicopter dazzles and amazes, while Gort Spacebar melts faces.

Of course... i still have yet to listen to these in any altered states of mind, and i know Mr. Key likes his 420 lots and lots.

Quote:

Looks like Richard D James is gonna need to step up his game on the new Aphex Twin album. Mr. key has really outdone himself.

he has been pretty quiet for a while hasnt he.
As far as i have heard, the only thing he has been up to recently is 'the tuss'

Audio Resistance wrote:

+eleventy billion
zerosum
Just ordered HElicopTEr and G0rt SlayerBadger!
Looking forward to these.

Quote:
This recording takes advantage of most of the oldest synths from the studio collection. Special appearance by Mark Spybey. Produced by Phil Western and cEvin Key.

w00t
alexP
Audio Resistance wrote:
transferpoint wrote:

That is not what I wanted to hear. sad banana

When you say " Not as good as usual" do you mean like the last tour or like Too Dark Park and Rabies era?

I just ordered Gort Space Bar and the new Plateau, I wonder if they will ship out since they are out on Tour.

Same... Im seeing them tomorrow night in Toronto........ I hope its not as bad as your making it out to be.... What was their setlist like? MY ASS IS BLEEDING

alexP
transferpoint
Bad is a bit harsh, it was still a good show but... it just wasn't quite as good as usual ogre kept loosing rhythm which just kinda fucked the whole vibe... his pitch was worse than usual too.

Drums sounded amazing.

The second song they played was amazing I think it was a new one... though they said they wouldn't play any new ones.

As far as the new albums go, helicopter grew on me and I like it quite a bit more than Gort Spacebar now.
transferpoint

Aphex Twin announced a new album a few months ago.

@ Chinard: I'm glad I'm not the only one who's really into effector. Musical badassery.
el clon
i know i'm late to this, but i wanted to add that the bananaSLOTH cd has some really cool, different-from-the-usual, Cevin Key bizness. some of the songs have Otto Von S. on vocals, which is an acquired taste, but a few of the instrumentals are like nothing else he's done. i don't know if it's a 50/50 thing with Otto or what, but occasionally it's fucking brilliant.

the new Tear Garden is very synth-heavy, seems like a Cevin Key solo cd with some Edward Ka-Spel here and there. listen to track 6 - Horace the Diaper, and feel the awsomeness. SlayerBadger!

what's this about a new Aphex Twin album!!?? hyper
el clon
and yes, Gort Spacebar is the best Plateau cd!!!
zerosum
el clon wrote:
and yes, Gort Spacebar is the best Plateau cd!!!

Best as in we're not worthy we're not worthy "facemeltingawesomeness" we're not worthy we're not worthy best?

Im actually starting to itch as I watch the mailbox waiting. eyes...
el clon
wellll.... who am i to say it's the best? hihi

but it's my current favorite (with Kushbush in second place).
it's downright inspiring + makes me want to lock myself in my studio for a year.
zerosum
el clon wrote:
wellll.... who am i to say it's the best? hihi

but it's my current favorite (with Kushbush in second place).
it's downright inspiring + makes me want to lock myself in my studio for a year.

hihi Thats awesome!
"Grandaddy Purple" makes me want to lock myself in my studio,
I love Kushbush, it gets listened to a LOT.....
chinard
transferpoint wrote:
@ Chinard: I'm glad I'm not the only one who's really into effector. Musical badassery.

"I'm not a normal person, i am a demon.... I am the high priest of the demons..."
Audio Resistance
I wish mine would get here. I ordered Gort and the new Download almost a month ago and am still waiting.

I figure it might have something to do with the fact they are on tour. d'oh!

Hey Zerosum, how was the show in New Mexico? Talk about inspiring, it was not as cool as the Too Dark Park tour but very good none the less.
zerosum
Quote:
Hey Zerosum, how was the show in New Mexico?

It was ogre's birthday so they seemed pretty enthused.
Setlist was similar if not the same as the one in Pomona,
Worlock was the encore plus I think 2 more songs..
My friend got video I will have to go back through it.

Overall I was entertained and mostly stared at cEvin the whole time,
not really a fan of the new SP but it was more fun live and stretched the set out a bit.
Lots of old stuff, opening with Love in Vein Dead Banana
el clon
i saw them on Nov. 1st in San Fran and there, too, they opened w/Love in Vein. =)
so rad.

i'm guessing their setlist got screwed up at the last minute because of the delay of their new album. seems like they had to pull all of the new songs out of their set.

...and one more SlayerBadger! for Effector!!!
zerosum
They are here....

I love the artwork for the new vault series! applause

At first listen G0r+ didn't grab me, after a few I am really really enjoying this
Martiangroove!
Total ear candy like all the releases, more in depth opinions later.
Play it loud, it tickles! It's peanut butter jelly time!

The new Download is great! Actually listening to the new download more than the new Plateau("HUT" is my fav track so far), last time I liked the plateau(kushbush) more than the download(FiXer).... ehhh Either way they still get listened to a lot.
transferpoint
chinard wrote:
transferpoint wrote:

"I'm not a normal person, i am a demon.... I am the high priest of the demons..."

"can we just hang up on him?"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1