MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Boss DS-1 Owners?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Boss DS-1 Owners?
tragedybysyntax
Could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take a picture of the inside of the ds-1 if you have it? Or atleast tell me what pin #'s the wires the input and output jack are utilizing? For some damn reason I think I have mine hooked up wrong after doing a mod. Thank you SOOOOOOO much in advance! smile
Kent
Dude! Now you've learned the golden rule of digital photography and electronics. Snap a shot of the guts before you start ripping shit apart! Has saved my ass hundreds of times.
tragedybysyntax
I know but... it still doesnt help me now, lol
synthetic
Go to the Premier Guitar website. They have a great article all about modding the DS-1. Schematics, everything, I'm sure there are pics. I did mine and it sounds 100% better. Went from unusable buzz to killer distortion.
synthetic
No inside pic, but schematics at least.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Feb/Boss_DS_1_Mods.as px
tragedybysyntax
that doesnt tell me which pinouts are going to the battery, input, output... FUCK. The only other decent schematic i've found is for the wrong version. Guess I have to go to sam ash... buy a new one... open it up... see wtf i did wrong, seal i up... take it back tomorrow. LOL.
BugBrand
Surely you can just use deduction to figure it out from the schematic?

Input will go to a resistor
Output will come from a cap & resistor junction
etc
haiku-ish

http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=512
tragedybysyntax
yeah that schematic is for the older version of mine. Tom thanks for making me actually learn how to read a pcb!!! LOL. I traced everything back and there is only one wire that's actually ground... i'll figure where it goes tonight. Now I just have to figure out on those i/o jacks which is t/r/s/ Thanks guys! smile
synthetic
Tip is positive, sleeve is negative. Shouldn't be a ring on that jack. There's usually a clue if you look at the jack. If not, use your multimeter to check with a cable plugged in.
tragedybysyntax
thanks!!
tragedybysyntax
funny thing... i went and bought a ds-1 to see what I had wrong.... I had it all wired right to the schematic. took it out of the metal box... stopped working. GROUND PROBLEM! I had to have it properly grounded so... it works now! I'll post pics and samples of my friends finished circuit bent ds-1 in a few days. smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1