MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer A143-1 complex eg/quad ad-generator/quad lfo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Doepfer A143-1 complex eg/quad ad-generator/quad lfo
MrDys
Anyone have one of these? I'm considering getting it as a primary EG for a MFB SEQ-01 (mainly due to the fact that the MFB only outputs trigger pulses and not full gates; otherwise I'd get the Quad ADSR, but AD EGs are good enough).

It seems like an intensely powerful module, but I don't really see people talk it up a whole lot. So, what are people's thoughts on it?

Also, if anyone has one, could you tell me if the following is possible: Peter Grenader wrote on the doepfer list that if you connect the end-of-attack to the trigger, you end up with a tunable (via the threshold knob), steady CV at the envelope out. If combined with a A151 sequential switch, could this act as a 4-step sequencer?
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
I have both the quad ADSR and complex env,

my only complaints I have are the lack of cv ins and they arent the snappiest in the world.
consumed
the 143-1 is a very.highly.recommended.module. i cant tell you how happy i am to have it. the four envelopes all interact with each other (in terms of triggering, or retriggering their lfo cycles), each envelope has two gate outputs each, and a mix output is available too. the exponential shapes are a big plus.

i modded mine so i can get either 5 minute or 16 minute cycles out of 2, 3 and 4. this module is fantastic, in itself and as a complement to many other modules.

consumed
addendum.
i think the 143-1 is much more powerful and useful than the 143-2.
(adsrs are more useful when playing your synth with a keyboard and you need that sustain stage for holding notes--IMO.)

i set up a patch using the tyme sefari and the 143-1.
three threshold-adjustable gate outputs were toggling record, direction and loop.
i played a record into the tyme sefari. here's what came out:

http://share.ovi.com/media/consumed.sound/consumed.10036
ehdyn
The vocal snippets in your track remind me of the hypnotic effects of the keynell mixes.
felix
consumed wrote:
addendum.
i think the 143-1 is much more powerful and useful than the 143-2.
(adsrs are more useful when playing your synth with a keyboard and you need that sustain stage for holding notes--IMO.)

I second that, big time. As I used my keyboard less and less, I found myself using my 143-2 less and less.
MrDys
This module arrived today. Holy crap. I could not be happier with this purchase. This thing is a psycho modulation/eg source. At first I got it because I was looking for lots of envelopes in a single package, but the looping AD/LFO modes and polarization mixer take this thing into another dimension.

I can't wait until I can actually trigger it with a proper oscillator. For now, the A117 digital noise sources are doing just fine.
consumed
youll discover lots of interesting uses for it. remember that the threshold for each envelope not only adjusts the gate time, it also changes the retrigger for the envelope below it. i have a set of four dummy plugs to break the trigger normalization when i want the envelopes to behave separately or the lfos to free run.
Kwote
yo consumed where can i order some dummy plugs?
consumed
well, you can use anything as a dummy if you want to break normalization. i happen to have some 1/8" plugs attached to nothing. you can use practically anything...i also have 1/8"-RCA converters ive used as dummies.
Kwote
consumed wrote:
well, you can use anything as a dummy if you want to break normalization. i happen to have some 1/8" plugs attached to nothing. you can use practically anything...i also have 1/8"-RCA converters ive used as dummies.

right. yeah i figured that. i just thought you might've had something that only plugs in on one side as i've noticed when touching the end of an unpluggled cable that's plugged on the other side it tends to give unwanted electrical noise.

werd.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1