MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New from FC - 'Wave Runner' 4HP, 8 waveform sync-able LFO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author New from FC - 'Wave Runner' 4HP, 8 waveform sync-able LFO
frequencycentral
Up and running with this module now, and will be taking orders for delivery in a week or two. Based on an enhanced version of the Electric Druid TAPLFO2D code, this module runs new code: TAPLFO2D-FC.

8 waveforms
- sawtooth
- ramp
- pulse
- triangle
- sine
- noise
- sample and hold
- stepped triangle/sawtooth/ramp

All waveforms can be skewed using the Distort knob, as well as control over pulse width of square, and distortion of the cyclic waveforms, this get you control over Noise freq as well as bitcrushing, bitcrush of S/H down to 1 bit for random triggers.

Tap sync input, for syncing to whatever. Wave Runner measures the last two incoming pulses and syncs itself to these. Multiply knob allows for Wave Runner to run at x0.5, x1, x1.5, x2, x3 and x4 of the incoming sync pulse. Freq is from stupid slow into low audio range.

Module is 4HP, and 45mm deep. Cost is £110 GBP
ddoyen
wow thats awesome! will these be available as kits?
AudioFetish
Just landed a modcan quad, but think this would compliment it well for some simple, set and forget synced modulations. Think it's time to part with my modulation orgy and get a pair of these instead
bartleby
looks cool.
how does the 'sync' work? is it like a reset input? or a clock input?
and what's the clock jack - input or output?
frequencycentral
ddoyen wrote:
wow thats awesome! will these be available as kits?

Yep, PCB/PIC/panel bundles will be available soon.

bartleby wrote:
looks cool.
how does the 'sync' work? is it like a reset input? or a clock input?
and what's the clock jack - input or output?

Clock socket is clock output. Sync works like this:

frequencycentral wrote:
Wave Runner measures the last two incoming pulses and syncs itself to these. Multiply knob allows for Wave Runner to run at x0.5, x1, x1.5, x2, x3 and x4 of the incoming sync pulse.
Stinktier86
Bladerunner reference? Great features!
oootini
wave runner. drexciya reference?
wavefold
this is exactly what I need It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
bartleby
brilliant. in for 1 or 2 diy sets.
KNYST
frequencycentral wrote:
stupid slow

SlayerBadger! Guinness ftw!
Want. Love your stuff, Rick.
-edit-
I'm waiting for the DIY smile
grimley
This is excellent and exactly what I have been waiting for. I need 2.
ben_hex
Awesome! we're not worthy great price and size. Might replace an LFO with one.

Does it work as standard frequency control (the frequency knob) with no sync present, and have no effect when sync is present?
frequencycentral
ben_hex wrote:
Awesome! we're not worthy great price and size. Might replace an LFO with one.

Does it work as standard frequency control (the frequency knob) with no sync present, and have no effect when sync is present?

Incoming sync pulses override the frequency knob. Frequency knob works as normal when there are no incoming sync pulses.
madcap
Damn. That's a pretty full featured 4hp.

thumbs up
bodo
Looks great, features remind a of the Ginko Synthese, apart from the Tap tempo button. Very tempting indeed, and 4HP!
grimley
I can guesstimate looking at the picture but could i get the exact depth?
cger
Perfect, exactly what I wanted next to my dual morphing lfo.
ben_hex
grimley wrote:
I can guesstimate looking at the picture but could i get the exact depth?

Right in the first post QUOTE - "Module is 4HP, and 45mm deep. Cost is £100 GBP"
Demi Jon
Is it like this:

or more like this:
Pighood
Damn....no room at the Inn cry
amdagan
Excellent, more stuff to add to my growing backlog! I think I'll get the pcb+pic+panel when you start selling it.
kimu
Cool. How to get it in europe?
bartleby
kimu wrote:
Cool. How to get it in europe?

the uk is in europe (although some people there may think otherwise hihi).
kimu
very frustrating d'oh!

I have in mind FC were in US... d'oh! Dead Banana
frequencycentral
I'm currently putting together an order for SchneidersLaden, which will be in stock with them at the end of the month. HOWEVER, that order does not include Wave Runners. It can take a short while for distributors to pick up on new releases, in the meantime you can order from me directly, by PM or via my website.

And yes, the UK is (currently) in Europe, and is NOT a small island off the Newfoundland coast! woah
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3