MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New from FC - 'Wave Runner' 4HP, 8 waveform sync-able LFO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author New from FC - 'Wave Runner' 4HP, 8 waveform sync-able LFO
EarlJemmings
Ah! Just when I was looking to get an lfo, this beauty pops up. Looks great!
grimley
Is the noise waveform more of a random modulator or could it be used as a noise audio source?
frequencycentral
grimley wrote:
Is the noise waveform more of a random modulator or could it be used as a noise audio source?

You can use it as both, the noise options make it a very cool modulation source, and the noise sounds awesome as an audio source too, and bitcrushing it makes it into some kinda fucked up geiger counter.
VanEck
Interesting little modulator... need to try to squeeze one of these in somewhere in my rig.
frequencycentral
Now in stock here at FC!

Perfect Circuit Audio in CA also just put in an order.
kindredlost
It would be fun to have a breakout panel for CV of the knobs, but this is pretty compact and a cost effective way to do the Electric Druid TAPLFO2D chip. A few of these is a nice addition to any rig.
frequencycentral
[img][/img]
kindredlost wrote:
It would be fun to have a breakout panel for CV of the knobs, but this is pretty compact and a cost effective way to do the Electric Druid TAPLFO2D chip. A few of these is a nice addition to any rig.

We did consider this option, but it turns out to get messy. So instead we've scheduled a fully tricked out version for 'sometime in the next 12 months'...

...and the coding really is a substantial advance from the original TAPLFO2D, but is not a drop-in replacement, ie it won't work in other TAPLFO2D based modules.
mafouka
This LFO is the business! Exactly what I've been craving. I'll take two please.

Will the Wave Runner be available available anywhere else in the US other than Perfect Circuit Audio???
frequencycentral
Wave Runners are in stock right now at MeMe Antenna.

Perfect Circuit will be receiving a batch in a couple of weeks.
clusterchord
this looks like just what i was looking for,, a versatile lfo in small HP...

i have a question tho, i am interested indroney/ambi suff, and always wondered about these digital LFOs like the runner or the e355 etc,, when you drive them all the way down, stupid slow as you say, is the resolution of the waveforms still smoooooth as butter ?

this is crucial for slow modulations, self-generating patches etc..

PS are there any demos of waverunner in action, slow and fast.. ?

thanks
ben_hex
clusterchord wrote:
this looks like just what i was looking for,, a versatile lfo in small HP...

i have a question tho, i am interested indroney/ambi suff, and always wondered about these digital LFOs like the runner or the e355 etc,, when you drive them all the way down, stupid slow as you say, is the resolution of the waveforms still smoooooth as butter ?

this is crucial for slow modulations, self-generating patches etc..

PS are there any demos of waverunner in action, slow and fast.. ?

thanks

I'd not though of that ... Looking forward to the answer.
frequencycentral
I'll try and upload some really slow sweeps tomorrow...
ben_hex
frequencycentral nice one Rick.
frequencycentral
Here's a few sweeps at their slowest, a few shapes thrown in, and finally noise as an audio source (the geiger counter bit). Wave Runner was modulating an Erica Polivoks VCF set to self oscillate.

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/FC-Wave-R unner.mp3
yinsen
frequencycentral wrote:
Here's a few sweeps at their slowest, a few shapes thrown in, and finally noise as an audio source (the geiger counter bit). Wave Runner was modulating an Erica Polivoks VCF set to self oscillate.

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/FC-Wave-R unner.mp3

it sounds like there's a fair bit of stepping at the slowest frequencies, is that due to the polivoks?
mafouka
WANTS 4
NU
yinsen wrote:
frequencycentral wrote:

it sounds like there's a fair bit of stepping at the slowest frequencies, is that due to the polivoks?

Doubtful but I'd also like to know.
albiedamned
Perfect Circuit still doesn't have this on their website. Do you know when it will be available? Have any other US dealers put in orders?
frequencycentral
They are on their way to Perfect Circuit now. I think Meme Antenna are now out of stock, I'll talk to them about restocking. Moog Audio in Canada also have a batch in the process of being put together. I'll also talk to Shawn at AH when I've got a couple of orders out of the way.
albiedamned
2+ weeks have gone by and this still isn't in stock. I emailed Perfect Circuit over a week ago to ask about it, and they haven't replied.
NU
Any further opinions on this? Still pondering it..
Jason Brock
yinsen wrote:
frequencycentral wrote:

I'd like to know the answer to this too. Is that stepping from the LFO?
Isolde and Isobelle
Jason Brock wrote:
yinsen wrote:
frequencycentral wrote:

I'd like to know the answer to this too. Is that stepping from the LFO?

+1 please. thumbs up
maudibe
Just installed (yesterday) my self build of this module. It is very cool (and even more so, as mine features an orange LED LOL)

Top LFO in such a small space. Loving the sync and multiplier function. Thanks Rick.

applause
Jason Brock
maudibe - can you comment on the "stepping" question above? Or is it smooth at slow speeds?
Thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3