Harvestman Empty Quiver?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

shamann
_

Harvestman Empty Quiver?

Post by shamann » Tue May 20, 2008 1:29 pm

I saw this name floating in the ether. Future product, bitcrusher in pedal enclosure?

Anyone have details/info they can share?

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Wed May 21, 2008 12:53 am

Are you on the Harvestman list? There was a prototype mockup picture linked in one of Scott's emails a few months back.

It's essentially a Malgorithm in a stomp box. That's all the details I'll share as they may be different now than the last time I talked to Scott about it.

Maybe he'll share it on here with us ;)
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

shamann
_

Post by shamann » Wed May 21, 2008 10:34 am

Hmm, didn't know there was a list, must sign up. But, random stabs at info on miscellaneous web forums are way more fun.

shamann
_

Post by shamann » Wed May 21, 2008 11:40 am

Found the image on the Yahoo group. Looks really cool. I have a Bugcrusher already, so likely won't need it. Hopefully lots of folk buy it up so that he'll make more pedals.

sgnhh
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sgnhh » Wed May 21, 2008 12:59 pm

I think he's shown a lot of interest in doing stomp boxes.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Wed May 21, 2008 1:26 pm

shamann wrote:random stabs at info on miscellaneous web forums are way more fun.
+1 :hyper:

D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

Post by D/A A/D » Wed May 21, 2008 2:02 pm

sgnhh wrote:I think he's shown a lot of interest in doing stomp boxes.
A stompbox polivoks would SLAY ME!

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Wed May 21, 2008 4:26 pm

I think a pedal version of the Tyme Sefari would lay people on their ass.

I think most of the experimental looper guitarists would love it.

Scott has a real advantage since most of (if not all) his digital designs (I don't know about the polivoks) operate on +/-5v, so they are easily adaptable to run on 9vbatteries or the almost industry standard Boss 9v adapters.
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

futuresoundsystems
<3 CMOS

Post by futuresoundsystems » Wed May 21, 2008 4:41 pm

Being a big fan of loopers/infinite delays, I'd definitely look at getting a Tyme Sefari pedal.
Unique designs and ideas in sound since 2005:
http://www.futuresoundsystems.co.uk

shamann
_

Post by shamann » Wed May 21, 2008 5:52 pm

felix wrote:I think a pedal version of the Tyme Sefari would lay people on their ass.
I'd be all over a Tyme Sefari pedal. If he could make a deluxe stereo version (in a Jomox T-resonator form factor), I'd even marry the man.

parasitk
Learn to swim

Post by parasitk » Thu May 22, 2008 4:00 pm

felix wrote:I think a pedal version of the Tyme Sefari would lay people on their ass.
Oh yes. Please.

governor blacksnake
ant in the afterbirth

Post by governor blacksnake » Fri May 23, 2008 11:51 pm

HEY

I just rented a place with a garage in seattle, so parking the drill press isn't a problem. Pedals can happen as soon as I rewrite the Malgorithm code to be more pedal-specific (basically gotta rewrite the whole thing in order to support the onboard lfo).

Future pedal designs are probably gonna happen too, have some interesting ideas for sampler/delay (of course) and chorus. Got no shortage of silly names for guitar pedals, anyway.

I also want to do a filter type of thing, but I don't know how good those Russian op-amps would work in a single-supply situation. I'll start playing with a derivative design using Western parts and other elements of my own design and see where that takes me.

So, yeah. I guess the first round of pedal designs are derivative of the Harvestman modules, but there's also some weird new stuff in the pipeline as well.

I finish moving on the 7th and then I can resume shipping modules.

sgnhh
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sgnhh » Fri May 23, 2008 11:59 pm

You were in Ann Arbor? I'm moving there in a couple weeks.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sat May 24, 2008 1:00 am

hey I seem to recall also there was mention of a 4-way pedal-to-modular interface unit, so that guitar pedals can be easily patched into a modular rig

this would be KILLER. and if if could be patched backwards so that modules can be used in a guitar rig, it would be DOUBLE KILLER!

you are up to some seriously cool shit Scott. well done :hyper:

GeneralBigBag
My codename's Happy Harry, I'm Into CV

Post by GeneralBigBag » Sat May 24, 2008 1:12 am

Wow.
This all sounds super cool.

governor blacksnake
ant in the afterbirth

Post by governor blacksnake » Sat May 24, 2008 2:33 am

Muff Wiggler wrote:hey I seem to recall also there was mention of a 4-way pedal-to-modular interface unit, so that guitar pedals can be easily patched into a modular rig

this would be KILLER. and if if could be patched backwards so that modules can be used in a guitar rig, it would be DOUBLE KILLER!

Yo Muff,

The PCB for this was drawn this week. It's the STILTON ADAPTOR. 4ch pedal adaptor/preamp with variable atten (up to 25x gain) and wet/dry xfade. I guess you could do it backwards if you had the right physical adaptors (1/4" -> 1/8" and vice versa). Gotta breadboard a single channel to make sure the component values are right, then it can go to production. Already taking wholesale orders, i guess.

And yes, the 4th channel has a multed out so you can patch it back into channel 1.

This will be the first module to be Made In Seattle. This week I showed Keith how to solder SMT and he's showing good results already. Have patience while I move all my shit 2000 miles and we'll have some stuff in stock in a few weeks.

Oh yeah, you'll need TRS insert cables to use this one. Still debating whether supplying cables with the module is the best idea, since some people keep their pedals on the table, while some keep them on the floor.

-Scott

D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

Post by D/A A/D » Sat May 24, 2008 8:49 am

governor blacksnake wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:hey I seem to recall also there was mention of a 4-way pedal-to-modular interface unit, so that guitar pedals can be easily patched into a modular rig

Yo Muff,

The PCB for this was drawn this week. It's the STILTON ADAPTOR. 4ch pedal adaptor/preamp with variable atten (up to 25x gain) and wet/dry xfade. I guess you could do it backwards if you had the right physical adaptors (1/4" -> 1/8" and vice versa). Gotta breadboard a single channel to make sure the component values are right, then it can go to production. Already taking wholesale orders, i guess.

And yes, the 4th channel has a multed out so you can patch it back into channel 1.

This will be the first module to be Made In Seattle. This week I showed Keith how to solder SMT and he's showing good results already. Have patience while I move all my shit 2000 miles and we'll have some stuff in stock in a few weeks.

Oh yeah, you'll need TRS insert cables to use this one. Still debating whether supplying cables with the module is the best idea, since some people keep their pedals on the table, while some keep them on the floor.

-Scott
How many HP will this be dude??.. It has me interested.

shamann
_

Post by shamann » Sat May 24, 2008 9:42 am

governor blacksnake wrote:I just rented a place with a garage in seattle, so parking the drill press isn't a problem. Pedals can happen as soon as I rewrite the Malgorithm code to be more pedal-specific (basically gotta rewrite the whole thing in order to support the onboard lfo).

Future pedal designs are probably gonna happen too, have some interesting ideas for sampler/delay (of course) and chorus. Got no shortage of silly names for guitar pedals, anyway.

I also want to do a filter type of thing, but I don't know how good those Russian op-amps would work in a single-supply situation. I'll start playing with a derivative design using Western parts and other elements of my own design and see where that takes me.

So, yeah. I guess the first round of pedal designs are derivative of the Harvestman modules, but there's also some weird new stuff in the pipeline as well.
Great, great, great to hear.

Now, I'm usually in a minority on this, but please consider doing a stereo model, especially for the sampler/delay thing you might have cooking up. For some reason, it seems only the Europeans are doing stereo desktop modules these days (Jomox, Eowave, Vermona) and I can see where those are going to get costly down the line as the Euro goes sky high.

Return to “General Gear”