MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bug modular availability ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Bug modular availability ?
mousegarden
Hi all, I was thinking of buying a BugBrand modular at some point, and was wondering if Mr Bug still intends to build more in the future ? I did contact him and he said that he was taking some time out, for various reasons. I really do like his instruments, the demos that I have seen are amazing, and the way they work and sound would really suit my music. I hope he continues to make these synths, and best of luck....

MouseGarden.
a100user
Well Tom is up to his neck in being a happy dad etc which is very cool.

I believe his next few projects are standalone unit to add to the PTD elays and PEQ.

The odd Bug modular modules do pop up for sale used occasionally but not necessarily all the bits for a basic system.

Mine will be at Brighton next Saturday so you can spend some quality time if you want.

Keep looking in FS thread as a couple of systems have changed hands.
Morley
So want a bugbrand. So not possible :-(
moog55
putting together a bug modular is difficult, but not impossible. i'm proof of that. i started my quest last march and just received the last few modules I was still looking for.

that said, it's not clear whether Tom plans to return to making modules, which will lead to less turnover in the second hand market like we're starting to see. nonetheless, if you're patient and persistent, you will still be able to a system together.
BugBrand
I've said to the existing system users -> don't count on there being any more (of what has come before).
But I've also said that modular will almost certainly return - but can't say when.
It was kind of all consuming! Focus has had to change for now. I'm extremely happy with what happened the last c.4 years, but also know that learning continues. With BugBrand I have tended to revise rather than repress - and some things naturally fall off the radar.
Nelson Baboon
BugBrand wrote:
I've said to the existing system users -> don't count on there being any more (of what has come before).
But I've also said that modular will almost certainly return - but can't say when.
It was kind of all consuming! Focus has had to change for now. I'm extremely happy with what happened the last c.4 years, but also know that learning continues. With BugBrand I have tended to revise rather than repress - and some things naturally fall off the radar.

Perhaps as a compromise, you could simply build lots of modules just for me. I don't have enough just quite yet.
Gringo Starr
BugBrand wrote:
don't count on there being any more (of what has come before)..

Whatever you do... stay blue.

Just don't change that . :-)
mousegarden
Very inspiring instruments, but like the sounds they produce, life is constantly changing, hope all is well and that you somehow return to make a few more of these amazing synth's.
Look forward to seeing and hearing one in the flesh this week.....

MouseGarden.
qstate
What are modules trading for? Above original price?

What would one expect to pay for a rack of modules?

Thanks for any insights!
tron23
Bugs usually change hands at 85-99% of original price, at least that is what I paid for my used modules(in perfect shape).
Tajnost
Hmm... Is there any other places around to see Bugbrand for sale except MW forum?
Gringo Starr
Your dreams. I'm not kidding. :(
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1