MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ARP White face
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author ARP White face
soundsubs
so my friend finally got an ARP Odyssey White Face and is babbling about the juicy and wet filter. He wont shut up!

So i want to (semi) shut him up with a euro equivalent. Is there anything?
((yes, i already have the s+tg "nada clone"
dkcg
soundsubs wrote:
so my friend finally got an ARP Odyssey White Face and is babbling about the juicy and wet filter. He wont shut up!

So i want to (semi) shut him up with a euro equivalent. Is there anything?
((yes, i already have the s+tg "nada clone"

How about shutting him up with the true strength of modulars, make a patch he could never recreate on his Arp? SlayerBadger!
DrOctave
arp is ok paying outragious price for a white face is goofy modulars pwn all key based synths. there is no comparison. just have dougcl come over and make u apatch.
tragedybysyntax
and why is this in the eurorack forums? very frustrating
dude
i have an arp. it does sound really good. your friend is right. it sounds entirely different than the modular as well as every other synth i own. just sayin'. why the need to 'shut him up'? last time i checked synth enthusiasm was sort of good thing, right?
mono-poly
the sem filter is pretty close i think.
REwire
Only two Euro filters I have tried have that kind of high sizzly sound especially when pushing the rez up when the filter is open all the way: The Frequensteiner and Plan-B Model 12. Every other filter I've tried has a low pass cut when all the way open or cut the volume when the resonance is up. These two are rare exceptions. The Polivoks too but it's way off from Arp like. The STG Arp filter is more Moogy to me. As for SEM filters made in Euro, they are not Arp like, the Doepfer having more high end.

I had both a white and orange face Odyssey and the white face was the screamer. Also very hard to keep in tune. The oscs were different too. Going to be hard to make any modular sound like a white Odyssey.
Chuck E. Jesus
DrOctave wrote:
just have dougcl come over and make u apatch.

+1
Reptil
get an ARP
(yes, the machine, it is juicy Goldfish )
connect to doepfer
done
w00t
soundsubs
thanks for the replies.
i forgot the white face filter is the 12dB one. so simple enough.
and i have an ARP Avatar which i love (yes, modded), it sounds different to my modular (of course) and i love it.
i was just wondering why someone hasnt made an ARP filter with a 4 position switch which reads "white/moog/grey/orange"

need to shut him up = kidding
Prunesquallor
Hi Guys!

My first post here. I hope to start building a system some time next when my cash flow recovers from my move.

I don't know if this is any help to the OP, but Analog Metropolis makes PCBs of various filter clones, including the white face ARP: http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Filters/filters.html. Check out model AM8023.

He does make modules as well, but I think he's a Frac man.

Cheers!
Reptil
cheers Prunesquallor and welcome This is fun!
this is the only guy I trust with my AXXE. makes modules (without faceplate AFAIK) does repairs and mods too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1