MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Matrix
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Matrix
/\/\/\/
that looks amazing actually... is it 5FW? Would definitely make for a nice junction in a large system, maybe make patching a little easier too
DickMarker
Looks very cool Tom!
One thing I've found myself needing recently is an offset voltage source - any chance something like that could be incorporated into this design?
BugBrand
Yes, 5FW

Voltage source - I'd not overly considered that here but do have on in a simple 1FW DC Mixer that has been designed for a while, just haven't pushed to production yet. 3 channels - top two offer inversion via switch, while the bottom one has either positive input or input from volt-source.
odditymedium
how can a voltage source be used musically
lud
odditymedium wrote:
how can a voltage source be used musically

1v/Oct input on a synth amongst other voltage controlled tricks. Not that any of my efforts sound musical in a melodic sense. Is that what you meant? Anyway seems a bit off topic!

Hope this makes it out into the wild Tom, looks super Rockin' Banana!
Kafgee
Rockin' Banana!
Need a proto for my system hihi
BugBrand
It will be, of course, blue.
BananaPlug
BugBrand wrote:
Voltage source - I'd not overly considered that here but do have on in a simple 1FW DC Mixer that has been designed for a while, just haven't pushed to production yet. 3 channels - top two offer inversion via switch, while the bottom one has either positive input or input from volt-source.

Sounds good. Center off for the switches?
DickMarker
BugBrand wrote:
Yes, 5FW

That sounds neat - looking forward to all these new designs!
BugBrand
Proto works just fine:::

I'll add the design to the To-Do list.

BananaPlug wrote:
Center off for the switches?

Yes, absolutely
T. Jervell
Niiiceeee love
lud
Hell yeah! we're not worthy
chrisdermo
Beautiful. Definitely a great choice to keep all the sockets up top with so many knobs, it's a nice big clear space to get tweaking. w00t
sungja
5fw? Could be very handy for any banan setup. thumbs up
chrisdermo
sungja wrote:
5fw? Could be very handy for any banan setup. thumbs up

That's what I had thought - especially in banana worlds where attenuators or even on/off switches aren't generally used - Ciat Lonbarde.
I had so much fun cross patching CL Tetrax and Synthvoice, one of these inbetween the two would've been pure fire. Dead Banana
DickMarker
Proto looks great Tom. Rough idea on price? Have had to tighten my belt of late but would like to budget for this.
sungja
All those pots and switches will not be cheap i think.
sungja
Ciat lonbarde could really need this matrix. I can imagine the plumbutter or coco with this nanners
BugBrand
sungja wrote:
All those pots and switches will not be cheap i think.

Switches are the main killer, yes.
T. Jervell
Thinking of putting this in a 5FW frame. Use it with both Bugs and other banana gear, but also use it stand alone in a sort if «no input mixer» feedback style. I think the switches will come in super handy with this type of patching cool

But then again, migh also end up getting another 11FW frame, even though I told myself I was going to settle with my current setup d'oh!
soup
This look great. It's fun to see how the design has progressed over the years.
castano
great! it's happening smile
time to start saving up for it
seeasound
Yes this will be a super fun way to link up my small bug and buchla systems and looking forward to discovering what the world of feedback mixing is all about too as ive heard so much about it.
Vcoadsr
Some how missed this thread, the prototype looks fantastic and matrix mixers are something I'm becoming more and more interested in from a feedback perspective largely due to the CL plumbutter & how you can create interesting feedback loops in that. Will almost certainly go for this once ready!
otoskope
Looks great, as usual. A basic thing to have, but oh so useful. The old 4x4 was great too, but I guess those -0+ switches will make zeroing much easier. And more channels is yum.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 4 of 5