MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Mode/Scope fun with the E350 Morphing Terrarium
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author New Mode/Scope fun with the E350 Morphing Terrarium
paults
We have finished all the DSP code for the E350, adding yet another new feature: variable phase/amplitude mode (all under voltage control, of course). This is option is *jumper selectable* on the rear, but a simple SPDT switch (I prefer the NKK MS2012ES1W01-RO) and 3 wires will let you switch it off/on.

In this mode, the 2 outputs are in *variable* phase shift from each other (from 0 to 360 degrees) controlled by the MORPH X pot/CV. The amplitude of *one* signal is placed through a 'reversing attenuator' (*variable* gain from -1 to +1) by using the MORPH Y pot/CV. The MORPH Z pot/cv scans through the 64 wavetables in the selected bank.

The mode is extremely useful for LFO panning, instead of the usual quadrature (90 degrees) you can 'dail in' 11 degrees or 288 degrees It's peanut butter jelly time! In Bank C, we have added over 40 useful LFO/sequenced CV signals, like descending 5ths, sinusoudal "pings, chirps and boings".

But here is what is REALLY cool: if you have a 2ch oscilloscope that has an X/Y display mode (most can do this) you can see the most bizarre Lissajous patterns. If you are not familar with these, please see this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lissajous_curve

Here are just some I quickly captured. The REAL fun is applying a very slow triangle LFO to the MORPH Z CV inputs. Now you get a constantly-changing "movie" of these patterns. I like the 'headless ape' first one.

I will be showing this at the meeting on Saturday in Mt. View CA if Brandon brings the Tek scope screaming goo yo

blungo2
Beautiful!
I just need an oscilloscope now... very frustrating
Leisure Cove
Beautiful! I'd love to see video of the image morphing, if possible. These photos are great, though.

thumbs up
paults
Search eBay for 'Tektronix 2215'.

This is the best all-round decent, cheap DIYer scope. Small, lightweight with a great display.

Most eBay scopes have no probes, but these are just fine:

http://www.virtualvillage.com/pack-of-2-60mhz-oscilloscope-probes.html
JohnLRice
Looks awesome Paul! hyper
blungo2
paults wrote:
Search eBay for 'Tektronix 2215'.

This is the best all-round decent, cheap DIYer scope. Small, lightweight with a great display.

Most eBay scopes have no probes, but these are just fine:

http://www.virtualvillage.com/pack-of-2-60mhz-oscilloscope-probes.html

Cool. Thanks!
paults
The Tek 2225 is a nice upgrade to the 2215, sometimes for the same price. These usually sell for ~ $129.

A friend is bringing a new Canon HD Rebel camera to the meeting, I'll have hime take some Blu-Ray quality 1080p movies of it. With sound Rockin' Banana!
opsysbug
How long until we can add the MT to our cases ?
Looks/sounds VERY cool. 8_)
brandon daniel
Damn, I guess I got called out. I'll put the tek 464 on the pile tonight so I don't forget it. But even if I did, I live five minutes from the venue, so it's not like a second trip is out of the question.
brandon daniel
Also: can't wait to get our hands, patch cables, and ears on these prototypes ;0)
richard
sublime Paul. I am not going to say again just how excited i am by this VCO, its becoming uncool

Richard
paults
Both AH and Schneiders have placed their initial orders thumbs up

I wish it was sooner, but *reality* is looking like the week before Christmas sad banana

Both the E340 and E350 make dandy stocking-stuffers.

I am going to stuff over 300 board sets in the initial run (the 2 use the same basic board set with minor differences) so there will be plenty. It will all depend on just how quickly my assembler can run them through the SMT machines and then how quickly I can do the final assembly/checkout. I'm guessing I can finish up about 30/day of either one.
deastman
paults wrote:
The Tek 2225 is a nice upgrade to the 2215, sometimes for the same price. These usually sell for ~ $129.

A friend is bringing a new Canon HD Rebel camera to the meeting, I'll have hime take some Blu-Ray quality 1080p movies of it. With sound Rockin' Banana!
I'll be putting my new Canon 7D through its paces shooting video on Saturday as well. Still trying to work out a few of the workflow wrinkles with this camera, as many people are, but I'm optimistic... See you there! w00t
Junk Rhythm
I got to hear the E350 in person this evening at AHBA. It sounds amazing. screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1