MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Maschine Studio, whats your thoughts?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Maschine Studio, whats your thoughts?
BHC303
Live with push and now Maschine Studio, does look like fun... never used Maschine before... twice the price but it comes with a few goodies.

Whats your thoughts?
ignatius
i haven't used it either but i've read lot's of reviews over the years and have some friends who really love it.

chris randall is a maschine user and posted his thoughts..

http://www.analogindustries.com/b1858/Two+Steps+Forward/

a friend of mine got the new one.. i'm gonna go check it out some time. curious.
BHC303
Please post back, would love to hear your thoughts, checking the link now... cheers Mr. Green
ignatius
BHC303 wrote:
Please post back, would love to hear your thoughts, checking the link now... cheers Mr. Green

it won't be for a while. i won't be able to get over there for a bit.. all my friends who have machine really like it though...

btw - NI just updated ALL of it's software.. (reaktor to 5.9) to be more deeply integrated w/maschine. i'm sure it's wicked
BHC303
No probs mate thumbs up does look like fun w00t
craigie77
maschine 2 is a solid update, cant comment on the hardware but the software and new stuff is well worht it,

drumsynths are superb , sidechaining is well implemented
and they smoothed out the audio engine as well, so a lot of the onboard effects are now quite polished

and they finally sorted out that stoneage database shite they were using

i now really have no need to look at a screen anymore
even for synth editing, (all macros can be named, eg Filter, Env's whatever)

as far as i can see there are only a few minor things to improve and implement, such as audio tracks , proper metering system (rather than guessing)

its not a DAW. but its nearly there
CalvaryBand
Maschine is a weird meld of being super fun and brilliant while also quite painful to piece together an actual song with. I love using them live but unless you jam out your tracks, or unless 2.0 completely rectifies this issue (from the looks of it, it doesn't), I would try one for a bit before you drop 1k on Maschine. The way you chain together scenes is pretty annoying. I wish they would have went one step further with the emulation of the MPC-60 (or hell, SP-1200) and emulated the input of patterns from those legacy machines.
limpmeat
I have the first version Maschine controller, does the upgrade work well on this hardware? will I be missing out?
dj2sday
Works great! We'll worth the upgrade
Kent
limpmeat wrote:
I have the first version Maschine controller, does the upgrade work well on this hardware? will I be missing out?

Yes, the new software works with the v1 controllers.
Ashi
one question as I'm new to Macs: My mac book doesn't have OSX 10.7, obviously everything is running fine atm but will the software still work if I update as it requires 10.7?
Junk Rhythm
Ashi wrote:
one question as I'm new to Macs: My mac book doesn't have OSX 10.7, obviously everything is running fine atm but will the software still work if I update as it requires 10.7?

You need an OS that is at least 10.7 or higher.
TheEngineer
I still have a MKI, can't see buying the Machine studio, but it looks pretty badass and has some killer features. I'd say if you don't have a MKI or MKII go for it as a new user. 1000$ is steep on the price, but it's a well built piece of equipment. I'll wait until the Studio MK II comes out to upgrade probably.
Joxer96
I just picked one up during Guitar Center's Thanksgiving sale. The 15% discount was enough of an incentive. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to reconfigure my setup yet to use the unit itself, but can confirm that the software side is pretty sweet. The new drum synths are particularly impressive. Very, very good sounding. The hardware feels nice and solid. Can't wait to start working with it!
SepticUnderground
yeah those 2.0 drumsynths are pretty useful indeed

can get nice 808 / 909 kicks from em and the other generators does a good replacement for the vermona drm mk3
botstein
I love my Maschine Studio. I kept my mkII for performances, but sold my original.

The hype is real.
Flux302
Maschine is a a great piece of kit, if you prefer creating music in a hands on approach there isn't anything outside of actual hardware that comes close to that type of workflow. I particularly love the way it auto maps.

the new screens are a big step forward from the older units but the older units are not nerfed and still work excellent with the new software.

if you are going to get a maschine either get a full sized MK2 or a studio. don't waste time on the mikro.

I have a youtube channel and web site that has tons of maschine info. feel free to drop in and ask questions...
youtube.com/Flux302 I organized some of the maschine stuff into playlists also (but with 150 or so videos... I haven't organized em all just yet)
ActionMaxVA
I agree the update is well worth the 99.00. As far as studio I am still on mk2 hardware. The studio hardware would be great if you don't already have other control surfaces etc. Its a great program. To me it really captures the MPC feel and workflow but adds something to it.
Needles
Also love maschine 2.0 software (except for the way they've switched up instrument pattern view) and the Studio controller.

The controller means biz - it's large and well built. I do feel like my MKII pads were a bit more pleasantly 'tacky' feeling, fwiw.
Daisy
Here's a song made entirely in Maschine 2.0 with the Maschine Mk 3

Not beats! Something slow and mellow...

kinkujin
Daisy wrote:
Here's a song made entirely in Maschine 2.0 with the Maschine Mk 3

Not beats! Something slow and mellow...

Thanks for posting this. Would love to hear more about your process.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1