GRP R24 Sequencer (Standalone + 5U)

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

VOLTA
Common Wiggler

Post by VOLTA » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:11 am

But this is not about the oberkorn or any other sequencer, its about the R24.
Where is it :despair: All the money ive saved are about to be :guinness:
if nothing happens soon..at least a new date would be nice when the official preorder date was a month ago.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Picture taken from https://www.facebook.com/paolo.groppioni Aparently preorders are open?! :hyper: (no, I'm not getting one, too poor :cry: )

AHHH, wow, price is pretty reasonable! :hyper: See http://www.grpsynthesizer.it/default.aspx and go to the products page for more details but here are the critical details you'll want to know:

Price
Grp Synthesizer R24 costs € 1277 plus VAT and shipping. ( € 1277 is currently about $1385 in US$ so a very nice price for those of us in the USA! :party: If I still had a real job I'd pre-order one right now! The exchange rates can vary wildly though so it's hard to say what your final cost will be)

Booking a GRP R24
To order a Grp R24 , please sent an e-mail with your contact information (full name, address, phone number and - only for private EU customers - date and place of birth), at info@grpsynthesizer.it. The status of orders received will be periodically updated on our website

Deposit
As soon as we’ll reach 50 preorder for 50 synthesizers, we’ll inform you and if still interested you’ll should pay a deposit of € 500 with a wire transfer; you’ll have 30 days for pay the deposit, starting from our communication. Credit cards and PayPal are not accepted. We’ll start the production run after payments.

Delivery
Production run will last four months; after 120 days, we’ll begin to ship the instruments following the order of bookings. Approx., we’ll build 15/20 sequencer at month.

ericD13
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ericD13 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:40 am

A german girl (Christa Bachmann) has a youtube channel where she plays a GRP A8 , a dotcom tower and some analog synths.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCry5tI ... 6yJjRCuYCw
"Unfortunately it took me forty years to conclude that nothing is possible outside DoReMi."
P. Schaeffer

Lots of 5U modules to sell in europe :
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=219781

NYMo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NYMo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:40 am

Had a look on the site but didnt see it...how many u wide is this seq ?

Cheers
Vintage Knobhead !

New synth history album Vol 5 avail for free download !

Albums here
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120834

Not too old to rock'n roll..not too young to die !

bleeds_on_keys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bleeds_on_keys » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:24 am

NYMo wrote:Had a look on the site but didnt see it...how many u wide is this seq ?

Cheers
Judging by the picture, I'd say it looks about 8U wide. Which really isn't bad for what you're paying for!

DJFonzi
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DJFonzi » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:25 pm

ericD13 wrote:A german girl (Christa Bachmann) has a youtube channel where she plays a GRP A8 , a dotcom tower and some analog synths.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCry5tI ... 6yJjRCuYCw
OMG, I remember watching these a couple years ago. I totally forgot about her.
Thanks for the reminder

blue_lu
Ultra Wiggler

Post by blue_lu » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:45 pm

[video][/video]
Hordijk system in action:
Klonk!
Kläng!

ba1
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ba1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:37 am

I just reserved one. This solves a lot of problems for me, size, price, functionality etc.

Paolo told me that he expects production to begin early 2016. That's great since I need time to save.
Last edited by ba1 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ba1
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ba1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:39 am

And yes, it is 8U wide and fits perfectly in a dotcom cab.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:26 pm

AAARRRGGG, I'm so struggling on how to swing this! To raise the money and make room for it I'll have to sell an equivalent amount of other really cool stuff . . . . :sadbanana: :deadbanana:

Gringo Starr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gringo Starr » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:45 pm

With the dollar and euro being so close now it's so tempting. I think I'll have to get on the list. Too cool.
Weed only gives you the illusion that it’s enhancing your creativity.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Gringo Starr wrote:With the dollar and euro being so close now it's so tempting. I think I'll have to get on the list. Too cool.
:ripbanana: I sent an email too . . . :roll: :doh: :eek: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :eek: :roll: :msnsmack: :deadbanana:

VOLTA
Common Wiggler

Post by VOLTA » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:45 am

ba1 wrote:I just reserved one. This solves a lot of problems for me, size, price, functionality etc.

Paolo told me that he expects production to begin early 2016. That's great since I need time to save.
Thats it. Gives me plenty of time to save up for one.
Im on the list :guinness:

modintx
Veteran Wiggler

Post by modintx » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Couldn't take it either - I'm on the list now as well - wonder if they will offer an option for blue LED's :sb:

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:38 pm

modintx wrote:wonder if they will offer an option for blue LED's :sb:
:drunkhomer:

ericD13
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ericD13 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:52 am

modintx wrote:Couldn't take it either - I'm on the list now as well
Me too, guess that most of the buyer are on this list :)
"Unfortunately it took me forty years to conclude that nothing is possible outside DoReMi."
P. Schaeffer

Lots of 5U modules to sell in europe :
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=219781

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:40 am

JohnLRice wrote:AAARRRGGG, I'm so struggling on how to swing this! To raise the money and make room for it I'll have to sell an equivalent amount of other really cool stuff . . . . :sadbanana: :deadbanana:
Sell me your Grove Poly Resonator and that will be a good start. :mrgreen:

Seriously, it is a beautiful machine. covers all of the bases I would say.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 am

MindMachine wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:AAARRRGGG, I'm so struggling on how to swing this! To raise the money and make room for it I'll have to sell an equivalent amount of other really cool stuff . . . . :sadbanana: :deadbanana:
Sell me your Grove Poly Resonator and that will be a good start. :mrgreen:
That's a negatory on the PM Reso, good buddy! :razz: 8-) I will most likely be selling a thing or two out of my MOTM, Modcan B and COTK collections though along with some sweet pro audio gear! :cry:

Even before I was thinking seriously about the R24 I had not long ago almost talked myself into selling the Moon 568 and 568A to fund getting a second 569 because I thought I'd get more use out it over the 568 and then when I got jazzed over the R24 I thought I could make room and raise the money that way but . . . I thought long and hard and figured I'd regret it! So, other heads will need to roll . . . .
Last edited by JohnLRice on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

VOLTA
Common Wiggler

Post by VOLTA » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:35 am

Any idea how many is on the list so far :hmm:

g1inskyms
Learning to Wiggle

Grp Sequencer

Post by g1inskyms » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Anyone get hold of one yet? Comparison to the Moon Modular 569?

VOLTA
Common Wiggler

Post by VOLTA » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:57 pm

50 preorders then the building starts. No updates on the grp site how many preorders there are yet.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:33 am

Just FYI: I sadly removed my name from the reservation list. :cry: I stressed over it for a month and they only way I could afford it and make room for it was to sell 8 units worth of modules I want to keep. The only other way would be to expand my modular setup further and I don't have the space, money or time to do that at the moment. :waah:

I hope someday in the future I'll be able to afford a GRP R24 but I was down to hoping I'd win a small lottery or something before the quota was met and I'd need to pay up and I didn't feel right about "squatting" on the list and then having to tell the nice folks at GRP I was backing out after they thought their quota was met.

I look forward to lusting after everyone else's purchases! :hyper: :love: :goo:

Ockeghem
missa propecia

Post by Ockeghem » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:27 am

If I sell everything to buy the sequencers I wanted, I wouldn't have any oscillators left to sequence :waah: :roll: :75:
Better to keep some good stuff and make a little more noise than have another manual to read! :hmm:
My mouth laughs, but my heart weeps...

empirix
Common Wiggler

Post by empirix » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:57 am

A little pricey, looks amazing but you can get a .com for chepaer, also there are other sequencers out now in and around that price range, such as the new one from Koma - complex sequencer. AS has the tear drop sequencer, which is cheaper too, just dunno what to do

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:25 am

empirix wrote:A little pricey, looks amazing but you can get a .com for chepaer
:eek:

The Q960, and COTK C960 and original Moog 960, are all very fine pieces of sequencing gear but, comparing one to the GRP R24 is sort of like comparing a simple pocket knife to a top of the line Leatherman tool. :hihi:

ImageImage

Return to “5U Format Modules”