MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing the Cylonix & Intellijel SHAPESHIFTER
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next [all]
Author Introducing the Cylonix & Intellijel SHAPESHIFTER
intellijel

[/img]
Cylonix & Intellijel Shapeshifter: Dual complex wavetable VCO.

Jim has been very hard at work to develop a very sophisticated and deeply complex Wavetable VCO. At the core of this module is very powerful FPGA board that he has pushed to the absolute max of its capabilities and crammed full of features. We wanted to create a module that really worked well in the modular context so there are a lot of modulation and control possibilities.

Features at a glance:
-extremely high resolution TZFM
-preset sequencing and morphing,
-delay based resonator,
-64 band vocoder mode and other special audiorate modulation modes,
-analog wavefolder,
-extensive sync, pulse and modB options,
-detuneable 8 note chords and tons more

Depth: 44mm
Power: 195mA @+12V 50mA @ -12V
26HP
Price: $529
Starts shipping on Monday

WAVETABLES
Each VCO can select from 128 banks of wavetables , each with 8 individual 512-sample waveforms for a total of 1024 waves.
The choice of waveform within the currently selected bank is under voltage control. There is smooth interpolation between the waveforms within a bank, allowing a very wide range of different possible waveshapes.

CHORDS:
Oscillator 1 can be oper- ated in a CHORD mode, which runs 8 copies of the oscillator in parallel with adjustable detuning, leading to very fat, rich waveforms. The oscillators have extensive modulation capabilities including audio rate (98KHz) Frequency and Phase Modulation (FM and PM) via external sources. Nonlinear combination processes allow the outputs of the two oscilla- tors to interact to generate complex timbres and sonic textures.
There are 64 user selectable chords.

WAVEFOLDER:
The SHAPESHIFTER module also includes the analog wave folder circuitry from
module to add analog warmth and metallic rasps to the digital oscillator output.
External signals can also be patched in.

PRESETS:
The module includes a sophisticated preset mode where panel settings can be stored. There are 12 user-prgrammable preset slots and another 52 volatile slots that can be used as a scratchpad. These scratchpad slots are initialized to inter- esting presets on module powerup. The capabilities of the preset mode is not limited to mere passive storage of settings, however. In this mode the user can also step through, or sequence, the settings, either in order or randomly in response to pulses input to the external sync input. This gives the user the ability to generate complex sequences of sounds. The preset mode also allows the user to morph between the current panel settings and a preset providing a very powerful real-time performance tool.

SYNC:
8 Different sync modes: HARD, SOFT, REV, HOLD, BUMP, 2=1, 1=2, OFF
with the ability to internally sync to a sub oscillator

PULSE:
User selectable modes for the PULSE output: OR, AND, XOR, GLCH, +OSC1, EOC, +OSC2, -OSC2

MOD A modes: (audio rate modulation)
COMBO IN, SHAPE IN, PHASEMOD, VOCODER

MOD B options (all with CV control):

-Combo modes for OSC1 and OSC2:
NORMAL, RING, MIN, PONG, INLV, AND, XOR, GLCH
-Waveform TILT
-Chord mode overdrive
-Delay depth and FB
-Percussive mode decay time

There is so much more but it is better covered in the manual and suite of demos.

Manual: MANUAL

[s]http://soundcloud.com/intellijel/sets/intellijel-cylonix-shapehifte r[/s]
mkndr
Wow. You could really build a whole system just around this. Incredible work, y'all.
Cata
jesus christ
exper
we're not worthy Intellijel

Amazing demos.
jarvis
makes me want to come back to eurorack - sounds/looks fantastic, amazing work!
Nolan Dialta
This everything I've ever wanted in a OSC! Amazing!
perplx
That's... that's just terrifying. eek!
Nolan Dialta
Also......ships Monday from Where???
mysterymachinestudio
My Piston Honda MKII purchase last week feels slightly...premature seriously, i just don't get it
numan7
woah wow!

cheers
richard
fucking hell, how dare you?

I just finished my euro system today smile

please make this in 4U instead

sounds incredible
Human Koala
Quote:
My Piston Honda MKII purchase last week feels slightly...premature

my megawave too
but applause applause applause applause we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

HK
READYdot
Wowzers! Want!

This is totally awesome. Can't wait to put my fingers on that chord mode, sounds like brilliant fat fun!
filtermod
Samwise
narwhal
time for my first digital module methinks. chord mode MY ASS IS BLEEDING
kao:be.
come on... you guys must be kidding
that looks freaking serious Dead Banana
DoctorDoolittle
that is really great!
nearly ghost
woah that sounds fucking amazing!
sabasan
that's what I was looking for !!!
cyclonix davis design too...please
Funky40
Wow!
and astonishing well priced. Would have expected quite a bit more eek! love

intellijel wrote:
WAVEFOLDER:
The SHAPESHIFTER module also includes the analog wave folder circuitry from module to add analog warmth and metallic rasps to the digital oscillator output.
External signals can also be patched in.

which module ? uFold ? seems the phrase is not complete

intellijel wrote:

WAVETABLES
Each VCO can select from 128 banks of wavetables , each with 8 individual 512-sample waveforms for a total of 1024 waves.
The choice of waveform within the currently selected bank is under voltage control. There is smooth interpolation between the waveforms within a bank, allowing a very wide range of different possible waveshapes.

there is no unsmooth mode or so ?

updates ?:
lets say you would decide to add or change something,
is there a update path for firmware ?

is it thinkable to add a smooth/unsmooth switch respectivly control for wavetable interpolation if not allready there ?

looks Fxcking amazing that module
anselmi
it´s a hoax!
april´s fool joke!
Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana
djthopa
Oh no.....what a end of 2013.... applause
kindredlost
I'm selling my wife's car to buy this. Pray for me.
goiks
woah, looks amazing. cue a slew of new b/s/t posts (including mine) in 3-2-1...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next [all]
Page 1 of 63