MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

least used modules in your rack.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author least used modules in your rack.
DrOctave
mine are
136 dist wave shaper
116 vc waveform procesor
Synesthesia
ahahah don't have enough modules for not using them all for now razz
daverj
A190 midi interface
Leisure Cove
4HP blank. hihi

I expect my slew limiter (Doepfer A-170) will get less use starting tomorrow (Maths is scheduled for delivery).
REwire
All these are specialty modules that I find I forget to use most often:

ASys Bode Freq Shifter
Banalogue Serge WVX Wave Mult
Malekko NoiseRing
Asys Comb Filter
Tyme Sefari
Plan-B Wave Splicer
Plan-B ASR

But, I also can't live without them either.
jenamu6
How can you forget about using the noisering?
Johnisfaster
for some reason even though I love the plague bearer I rarely find myself using it.
richard
I basically ever never use my Asys RS140 midi cv converter. But I always think I will soon.... and maybe its true. Also RS120 comb filter, its brilliant, but....

Rewire, please use your Bode FS. Its making me feel bad it sitting there unattended. I'm so Jonesing for one of those, but then, if I had one sitting there maybe i wouldn't use it either?

Richard
chinard
least used in my rack:

Asol - EG-02 (one of the two envelopes is broken.. i have schematics and have to finish debugging what is fried on it)
Plan B ASR - great module but just not using it as much as i had hoped.
Plan B M28 tap clock - too buggy.. waiting for new firmware.
doepfer A-132-2 quad vca - I hate this module. Bought it expecting 4 regular vca's not expecing them to all be connected to common cv. Maybe if i had a qudrature osc. Will try again once i have my 2 maths.
plan b model 11 evil twin - great earbleeding module but since i got my qmmg it has collected alot of dust.
computer controlled
My Mod/demod. Not that i don't like it, but i don't use Ring Mod in a lot of my patches.
Popski
I've used my Tyme Safari twice..
boo-urns
chinard
Popski wrote:
boo-urns

this is what i thought at the beginning with my tyme sefari.
After a while i was able to figure out how to really make it shine, but it is still in my low-usage category because it is so noisy.

One of the things i DID figure out about the TS is that the quality of your power supply makes a HUGE difference in the amount of clock noise you get.
When i was on my doepfer DIY#1 it was really bad. Now that i have a PowerOne it is significantly better.
Popski
chinard wrote:
Popski wrote:
boo-urns

this is what i thought at the beginning with my tyme sefari.
After a while i was able to figure out how to really make it shine, but it is still in my low-usage category because it is so noisy.

One of the things i DID figure out about the TS is that the quality of your power supply makes a HUGE difference in the amount of clock noise you get.
When i was on my doepfer DIY#1 it was really bad. Now that i have a PowerOne it is significantly better.

yeah.. it's not even a noise issue (although I agree it is a tad noisy).. I just haven't used it in a way that blew my mind yet..

and.. I guess I've used it more than twice... but I've only been pleased enough with the results to record it twice..

it doesn't seem to like me. I should sit it down and have a long talk with it, maybe we can come to an agreement
ST UF FLI N EAR
I would like it very much if you could elaborate on letting the TS shine, maybe in another thread? Tnx!
suboptimal
I use the Tyme Sefari constantly. Interesting how many ways to skin the modular cat there are.

Mine:
Doepfer A-188-2 Tapped BBD: Capable of amazing sounds, but I don't use it often enough to justify its real estate consumption.

Harvestman Polivoks: I like the sound of my other filters more, for whatever reason.

Doepfer A-131 exp VCA: I have a pair of duals and the QMMG, and this module has quickly become the runt of the family.

I'll probably end up selling or trading all three of these sometime soon.
DrOctave
yeah i never use my 138 mixer or my 130 vca anymore either hmmm mayb time for a sale to buy more modules i will actually use
SquidInSquidInk
This could be a very helpful thread for those of us just getting started in the modular world. I might rethink how high the Tyme Sefari should be on my "next purchase" queue.
REwire
SquidInSquidInk wrote:
This could be a very helpful thread for those of us just getting started in the modular world. I might rethink how high the Tyme Sefari should be on my "next purchase" queue.

Also a good thread to make offers on soon to be sold modules wink
MrDys
Plan B Wave Splicer.

In other format realms: Modcan CV Recorder (I know, I know. I just can't seem to work it into my workflow.)
Waz
I never use my Plan B M26 and I can't sell it unless I want to sell it for half of what I paid for it. d'oh!
jjclark
A-119 external in. I don't know why I got it, as I don't have any external boxes to drive it. Sometimes I wish it had a 1/4" output with attenuator rather than an input with gain.
dougcl
SquidInSquidInk wrote:

The only problem is that some of the modules mentioned here are ones I happen to use all the time.
computer controlled
dougcl wrote:
SquidInSquidInk wrote:

The only problem is that some of the modules mentioned here are ones I happen to use all the time.

Exactly. Someone mentioned not using their Polivoks VCF hardly. I wouldn't NOT want it in my system.
Babaluma
dual real ring mod, asr, miniwave, vcs, psycho lfo
justin3am
I think the only thing I don't use ALL of the time is my Doepfer Ringmod. I do use it but it doesn't get constant use. I feel compelled to find a use for stuff that I'm not immediately drawn to.

I discovered quickly that modules I didn't understand got less use than modules I do understand. So, I spent a few days with an oscilloscope, volt meter and a notebook to figure out every nook and cranny of the tools I own. After that, I found myself getting more use out of modules that had previously felt neglected. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3