MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

R-56 sounds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author R-56 sounds
zerosum
Post them if you have them.
Here are some of my stumbles:

yeah
sure
whatever
okay
cold
asbestos dust
lead paint chips
tunnel
hole
drain
Smokey
Awesome. I particularly liked cold and asbestos dust played loud through big speakers! Lots of Wretch?

Here is a recording I made last night of the Wretch and D-1000 both being ran through the R-56. No other effects, instruments or processing aside from an echo applied to the D-1000. I really wanted to play with feedback textures for this one.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/smokeyquartz/brahmas-night[/s]
weinglas
love SlayerBadger! MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Wow Brian, great sounds from a great module! Especially "whatever", "hole" and "asbestos dust" have everything one could dream of using tubes and springs!

@smokey: Great track thumbs up
Smokey
weinglas wrote:

@smokey: Great track thumbs up

Thank you! I found your Soundcloud as well and I'm very much enjoying your aesthetic and sounds.
zerosum
Quote:
Lots of Wretch?

It sounds real wretchy, but no Wretch in those recordings. 8_)
Sounds were generated by an R54 through a Wavefolder
with audio rate and low frequency modulation from VCS and Sport Modulator.

Quote:
Here is a recording I made last night of the Wretch and D-1000 both being ran through the R-56.

I like it. Nice work.
I forgot what I was listening to for a few seconds,
I had a moment of "I don't remember recording this",
Then checked the track and realized what I was listening to. lol
Smokey
zerosum wrote:

I like it. Nice work.
I forgot what I was listening to for a few seconds,
I had a moment of "I don't remember recording this",
Then checked the track and realized what I was listening to. lol

Thanks!

Haha! You got transported. I often pull myself into a sort of noise-induced trance when recording. eek!

Someday I really must get that synth.com 5U rack and add some of your modules to my set-up. The Erebus Orifice is calling me from across the sands of time.

Here is another track where pretty much everything has gone through the R-56 Module, this time with alot more post-processing on the initial jams.
S-1000, D-1000, bass guitar through the F-1, R-56 for reverb/distortion/feedback, and some bells and a wood frog:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/smokeyquartz/torus-of-zeta[/s]
Collinrudolph
Wow was just checking out some old threads with r-56...Smokey...that Torus joint is simply spectacular... I don't have words to describe how that tune makes me feel... Dead Banana
Collinrudolph
Also, do you use any sequencing on the D-1000? What about the Wretch?
Smokey
Collinrudolph wrote:
Also, do you use any sequencing on the D-1000? What about the Wretch?

Thanks for listening to the track and the feedback! I really appreciate it. nanners

For Torus of Zeta (and most of my tracks with the Wretch or D-1000) I used the Elektron Analog 4 for sequencing and control. Two trigger outs are sent to the D-1000 for sequencing with the A4. Hz/V and gate are also sent from the A4 to the Wretch. With this set up, I can use the A4 as a MIDI to Hz/V converter, allowing me to play the Wretch with a controller keyboard and/or sequence it.

With this track the D-1000 beats were all A4 sequenced and the S-1000 had a very very basic sequence that I would “override” with some jamming on the controller keyboard. I tried to get all Sister Ray towards the end of it. The Wretch makes excellent distorted organ sounds!

The R-56 is a really inspiring module! I've never had a spring reverb before and I'm really digging it. It makes me want a Metasonix version of the Folktek Mobius Harmonizer or Knas Moisturizer. Springs and Tubes! Springs and Tubes!
Metasonix!
Worwell
Track featuring the R-56

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=1856481992 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 track=255845793]
Worwell
Benjolin/Metasonix Tomfoolery

DohaK
Worwell wrote:
Benjolin/Metasonix Tomfoolery

This sound great!

is it the original spring-tank?
Worwell
Thank you. Medium Belton tank run in parallel.
snakejaw
Great sounds, Worwell. Any R-56 tips?
Worwell
snakejaw wrote:
Great sounds, Worwell. Any R-56 tips?

Well, my time with it was short. Due to power constraints I could only keep three out of my four Metasonix modules and the R-56 got voted off the island. For the short time I had it, I found it somewhat difficult to tame with pretty cool results at the sweet spots. As others on the forum have reported, it can be noisy even if with the input down. I found this to especially be the case when turning the knobs manually. My favorite use of the module was for the drier overdrive effect which created some really gnarly bass sounds, and then could add some metallic reverb vibes with a bit of the wet mixed back in. I personally found the spring reverb sound a bit unsatisfying, preferring the A-199 for size, sound and feedback action. That said, the R-56 responded well to CV. There are some helpful threads here on the forum describing effective modulation strategies. If you are interested in a more skillful use of the module in action, check out Severance's youtube channel. Good luck.
mt3
Man that Benjolin...
Great stuff beginning at 2:25.
snakejaw
Thanks, Worwell. It's a subtle module, in a way. With just the right settings, you can emphasize reverb without too much distortion. Of course, the distortion is quite lovely in its own right. I've tried long tanks (med or long sustain), a medium tank and the stock blue tank in various combinations. So, far I get the best results with the blue tank alone or combined with the medium tank. Just a note, the required impedance specs for the third party tanks is different than what works with the A-199 and SpringVerb. Don't have 'em handy. Eric mentioned the specs in a previous post.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1