MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Request for manufacturers to save us the walk to customs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  

Do you support the proposal of using Ebay's Global Shipment Program?
Yes
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 19 ]
I'm uncertain
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I don't care but wanted to press a button anyway
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Yes, but only if a unicorn delivers the package
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 41

Author Request for manufacturers to save us the walk to customs
sonicwarrior
Here is a request for those manufacturers that are using Ebay to sell their modules:

I propose the use of the Global Shipping Program from Ebay to save buyers from a different trade zone to having to deal with our custom offices as the shipping company takes over this task.

At least for me that would remove a big obstacle as dealing with the customs office means getting up earlier, having to deal with an awkward cashier and coming later to work.

If you support this please post or at least vote.
KNYST
Sorry, I voted no, as I hate Ebay's Global Shipping Program.
I bought a guitar pedal with that service - I wish I had googled it first Dead Banana
- I couldn't trace it, as ebay wouldn't tell you which courier they use, even if I asked them. The seller (a store) couldn't help me either, as they had no information on this matter.
- Yes, you do get updates on where your item is through ebay.com, but theres like 48h lag on the updates, so it's rather where it *was* than is.
- I had to pay additional fees *plus* customs/taxes very frustrating
- From the day it shipped, it took 15 days to reach me from the US, which is some kind of a record eek!
(I was a bit stressed out by it all, since I needed the fx for an important gig)
Neo
No.

It takes twice as long and despite what ebay says it can't be tracked.
sonicwarrior
KNYST wrote:
The seller (a store) couldn't help me either, as they had no information on this matter.

How can that be? I thought it's just a way to calculate customs fees/import taxes and the shipment is still done by the seller not by ebay. hmmm.....

AFAIR I was able to track the item. Used it one time in August and can't look at this information anymore. So I can't check it but I got an email which states that tracking informations have been entered.

KNYST wrote:
I had to pay additional fees *plus* customs/taxes

I guess that depends on the shipment company.

KNYST wrote:
From the day it shipped, it took 15 days to reach me from the US, which is some kind of a record eek!

This too. But 15 days doesn't sound too bad. I had much worse experiences with shippings from the US.
My August purchase took 13 days from my payment to reach me. Tracking information has been entered 2 days after the payment/purchase.

KNYST wrote:
I was a bit stressed out by it all, since I needed the fx for an important gig

Never a good a idea to buy it from overseas then.
e-grad
I didn't even know that some modular makers sell via ebay. However, to my best knowledge in Germany you don't have to show up in person at the customs but could send them the paper (invoice, payment document) by mail. They'll calculate any import duties and send the items by post. Never did it myself though. Don't whether this will work in other parts of the world as well.
sonicwarrior
e-grad wrote:
However, to my best knowledge in Germany you don't have to show up in person at the customs but could send them the paper (invoice, payment document) by mail.

Unfortunately I always have to give back the customs notification paper and I can't remember this was a given alternative.
jnlkrt
When you get the customs notice, you can just send them the proof of payment and invoice for the items via email. they will then do "postverzollung" and you can pay at your door or in the post office upon receival. at least this is how it is in Berlin.
e-grad
jnlkrt wrote:
When you get the customs notice, you can just send them the proof of payment and invoice for the items via email. they will then do "postverzollung" and you can pay at your door or in the post office upon receival. at least this is how it is in Berlin.

It should be the same in other parts of Germany as well since the German customs ia a federal authority. IIRC I've learned about the 'Postverzollung' by someone located in Munich.
jnlkrt
yeah, but i don't know if every office will accept email. some may require sending real copies.
dougt
sonicwarrior wrote:
KNYST wrote:
The seller (a store) couldn't help me either, as they had no information on this matter.

How can that be? I thought it's just a way to calculate customs fees/import taxes and the shipment is still done by the seller not by ebay. hmmm.....

Nope, the seller just ships the item to the ebay shipping center in Kentucky and then ebay handles it from there...
ignatius
unicorn is one of the options so.. you're fucked.
sonicwarrior
ignatius wrote:
unicorn is one of the options so.. you're fucked.

Nah, it seems it's not as great as I thought. Everyone who is seriously interested would still vote 'yes'.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1