MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

14hp to fill advice-wogglebug or noisering
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author 14hp to fill advice-wogglebug or noisering
dbuyense
I was thinking of getting a 2nd wogglebug , but am considering a noisering. any opinions . My impression of the noisering is I don't care for the samples I've heard from it used as a audio source , don't need another noise source , I do like samples I've heard of it processing audio , I think I would use it alot as a modulation source. I've heard the noisering and wogglebug compliment each other. What do you all do with your noiserings the most in patches audio source/processing signals/or for modulating.
So whats some opinions a 2nd wogglebug , a noisering or maybe even a plan b asr leaving 10hp open for something else.
suboptimal
The last few days I've been working up a patch with the Noise Ring at the center. As a direct semi-chaotic source of cv/oct it's incredible fun, but when you mult it to a few sources it quickly gets fantastic. I've got a patch in the works now using its noise source for a snare, and its clock output as the master clock of a complex LFO mishmash. It's struck me as reaching straight into the core of the classic Subotnick recordings (with the Maths playing a huge part).

Not sure how it would be used "processing audio"? It's a modulation source at the core. I'd like to get what I'm working on up as a demo soon.
dbuyense
suboptimal wrote:

Not sure how it would be used "processing audio"?

"processing audio" wasn't a good way for me to say it.
Quoting the wiard site "Processing External Data" through the chance input.
jenamu6
I don't have my wogglebug (built) yet.

But my noisering is really usefull for:
-creating semi random musical phrases
-Nice oscillator
-Noisesource
-Clock source
-Interesting blinky blink

One of my favourite modules.
Yohda
Quote:
Not sure how it would be used "processing audio"? It's a modulation source at the core. I'd like to get what I'm working on up as a demo soon.

For me it's a modulation source, waveform processor and digital oscilator/noise generator. I use it for all this applications.

If you allready have a wooglebug, I would take the noisering, very flexible and fun.
Blackened Justice
Okay, I'm debating over the same thing. Just on paper, as I have no modules yet. I have an MFB Kraftzwerg, which has a S&H noise waveform on one of the LFO's and has a white noise source available.

Which of these two modules would serve me the best, at least in a smaller set up? Just to give you a general idea on my first set up, it'll include a QMMG, a Maths, some mixers, a ring modulator (if the moddemod isn't available, I'll build a dual CGS real ring mod), an A-189 bit crusher, an A-137 Wavefolder, an A-143-3 Quad LFO, an A-156 dual quantizer and the RS-35 pitch to CV. I haven't decided on a first filter, but it's between the Wasp, the Boogie and the Z2040. I'll probably add a Hertz Donut and a Zorlon Cannon afterwards.
sonicwarrior
If it helps: I've just made two demos mainly with the Noisering as an audio source, modulated by a A-143-3 LFO (first one) and polarized mixture of two A-143-3 LFOs and one A-143-1 AD (second one):

http://soundcloud.com/changeling/clockwork-noisering-assmaster
http://soundcloud.com/changeling/clockwork-noisering-assmaster-2

Nothing fancy but I think you'll get an idea of the sound.
johnnymad
i don't have a wogglebug, but i would have to be pretty desperate to sell my noise ring.
ex_dead_teenager
I don't have a noisering but I'd be hard pressed to sell my wogglebug. go with the noisering if you have to chose then if you want a second wogglebug down the road, get it!
Yohda
Here is a quick demo I made with my Wiard modules : 2X antiosc, Noisering, Miniwave, Boogie, Borg, Wooglebug.

All the noisy/mettalic sounds comes from the noisering, the sound in the end are antiosc modulated by wooglebug and send through the chance input of the noisering.
frozenkore
Nice demo! thumbs up
Yohda
Thank you!
dbuyense
thanks for posting that demo.
I decided to reserve 14hp for a noise ring , if I feel like I need a second wogglebug after getting a noisering I'll just have to make room.
I need a miniwave I think i'm going to have to start up a row of frac I e-mailed blacet asked when and if the miniwave will be available in euro he said not anytime soon.
jonkull
Yohda wrote:
Here is a quick demo I made with my Wiard modules...

Nice track!
Veqtor
The noisering and the wogglebug do compliment eachother, they're based on 2 different buchla circuits which were toghether in the "source of uncertainty" module, so yes, YOU NEED BOTH!
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

dbuyense wrote:
I need a miniwave I think i'm going to have to start up a row of frac I e-mailed blacet asked when and if the miniwave will be available in euro he said not anytime soon.

Get the piston honda? I think it'll be like the miniwave, only 10x better!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1