MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MOTU Volta Informal Review
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author MOTU Volta Informal Review
intuitionnyc
Just installed Volta today onto my computer and I have to say that I am very impressed. For $200 it gave me great DAW control over my Rack.

The calibration feature is one of my favs fo sho.

I first tried using Volta in Logic. It works very well, but I found it easier to route it when using it with Ableton Live.

I really like how I can keep everything synced and tempo-locked with my DAW project. For those of you wishing to have more tempo control over your Euro Rack, I highly suggest this software. Only problem is that you have to have a DC coupled audio interface. If you don't, you're screwed.

I know all the analog purists will not agree to syncing your Rack to a DAW, but I find it very useful. I've been following a very similar debate when it comes to Vinyl & CD DJ's VS. Laptop DJ's. Soapbox One of the best comments I heard during this debate was by DJ John Digweed saying, "Hey, if you dig what is coming out of the speakers, who cares where it comes from." Good point. After all he was the Walrus. I could be the Walrus but I'd still have to bum rides off of people.

I would love to hear others comments on Volta and whether or not they dig it.
vcs365
yeah just installed it an hour ago and now i find i have a VCS303 in my studio smile such a different experience after months of listening to the VCS spitting out sci-fi wibble to hear it playing straight forward sequences. already have a few suggestions for volta updates though so will head over to that thread now, but in brief - money well spent
intuitionnyc
Woops, didn't realize there was a Volta section. I tried putting it in the Eurorack section, but it wound up here. Sorry Muff for not investigating the sections more and thank you for sending my post here. (hides)
sandyb
intuitionnyc wrote:
Woops, didn't realize there was a Volta section. I tried putting it in the Eurorack section, but it wound up here. Sorry Muff for not investigating the sections more and thank you for sending my post here. (hides)

don't worry about it - i moved it for you. i actually forgot to pm you and let you know so apologies from me too.

sandy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1