MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is there a good place online to find used Distressors?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Is there a good place online to find used Distressors?
agitprop
eBay seems, at first blush, to be over the top on pricing for used Distressors, but maybe I am not appreciating how awesome and valued they are, even used.

Was hoping to find one or more community sites where used studio gear comes up for sale regularly, but haven't stumbled across one yet. Hoping someone here has some wisdom to share.
noobyscooby
If you think you can get a used one for under 1k youre dreaming or would have to be extremely lucky. I know ive been looking for a cheap one or pair too.
dubchild
Yeah, a good used price is usually around $1250 for these.
agitprop
Not looking to get a miracle deal. Just hoping to find something that isn't 85%+ of the price for new.

Again, have y'all encountered any audio community sites, where studio gear like Distressors exchanges hands?
dkcg
There's a few for $1000 or less in the LA craigslist. One selling a pair for $1800

I think going rate in LA is about $1000-11000
ignatius
gearslutz

any of the pro audio retailers that carry used gear... vintage king etc..
tuj
gearslutz

yeah they are good, but there are other options out there for way less that are just as good or better.
Cat-A-Tonic
tuj wrote:
there are other options out there for way less that are just as good or better.

Such as...???

Not doubting you.
Just asking your opinion about cheaper & equal/better options.
tuj
FRM RNLA
Joe Meek SC 2.2
Chameleon labs 7720 (this is my fav)

All of them can get you that saturated in-your-face sound that the distressors are known for.

Like I said, the distressor is good, it just is a bit over-rated in my book.

But heck, my favorite compressor is a Tapco Squeez. I love that sucker.
causticlogic
dkcg wrote:
I think going rate in LA is about $1000-11000

That's quite a range.
Plattform
I'm searching for people experiences with a pair of Distressor EL8 not modded

I have one I use for the mix, I really love it, but I'm affraid to buy a second one (2nd hand) in order to use it for the mixbus and the stereo sources.
In term of sound I know I will like it on the master, it is more about the fact that two units bought several years appart could maybe not link well ?

I really want to try...

But I'm scared...

Any help ?
Chevron87
+1 for gearslutz
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1