MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Nein Oh Nein Build Help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Nein Oh Nein Build Help
MTom5
Hi

I purchased the Nein Oh Nein Clap as a little project for my spare time.

I have built the boards however i dont want to mount them in a rack as intended i want to make them into a pedal

Iv seen this done similar by mickey delp (delptronics) on his website however he uses it at 9V and is very vague about the electronics side and as a novice i could do with abit of help.

I want to run the pedal at 15V as intended and not at 9V as mickey delp has.

I have found a generic regulated 15V AC/DC power adapter to provide the positive 15V.

Can someone give me some help with the electronics for the power supply?

On a side note i want to put an LED on the pedal that lights up on trigger i presume i just put this in line from the trigger jack?

Appreciate any help i know im asking alot but im using this as a learning experience before moving onto some other modules
MTom5
just realised would have maybe been better off putting in Music Tech DIY
mcop
The Hexinverter circuit is designed to run from a split supply (+15V, 0V & -15V).
The Delptronics Thunderclap (if that's what you are referring to) is designed to run on 9V with a virtual earth at about 4.5V.
Both are different circuits and it is probably quite a fiddle to convert the Hexinverter circuit to operate this way.

You could try using two 9V batteries to provide a split supply for the Hexinverter circuit.
Something like this.
Not sure if it would work here but I know some people got the 808 kick clone running on 2 batteries.

Another option could be a DC to DC converter that provides a split output from a single rail input.
MTom5
mcop wrote:
The Hexinverter circuit is designed to run from a split supply (+15V, 0V & -15V).
The Delptronics Thunderclap (if that's what you are referring to) is designed to run on 9V with a virtual earth at about 4.5V.
Both are different circuits and it is probably quite a fiddle to convert the Hexinverter circuit to operate this way.

You could try using two 9V batteries to provide a split supply for the Hexinverter circuit.
Something like this.
Not sure if it would work here but I know some people got the 808 kick clone running on 2 batteries.

Another option could be a DC to DC converter that provides a split output from a single rail input.

Yeh i know the thunderclap is different, he made a Nein Oh Nein aswel http://mickeydelp.com/news/110-hand-clap-pedal.html

He uses a charge pump for his but the one he uses (TC1044S) only accepts a up to 12V i have found one similar (TC7662B) that accept up to 15V is this suitable? i am fairly certain it is just want to double check.

How would i implement this into the existing circuit?

The battery solution is a good idea but isnt ideal for what i want as it would take up a fair bit of space in my pedal but suppose its an option (infact i am going to give it a go to test my boards in the meantime)
mcop
It's possible. I don't know much about charge pumps so can't really comment.

Looking at the datasheet for the TC7662 though I do wonder about the switching frequency of the chip which is between 10KHz and 35KHz and close to what you can hear.

Have you tried emailing Mickey Delp? He may be more than happy to tell you how he did it.

Do you have a breadboard? If you have the 15v supply and have easy access to the TC7662 it can't hurt to try it out on breadboard and then if its a success build up the circuit on stripboard.

Also you are right that you may get more response if this thread was in the DIY thread. Try contacting one of the DIY thread mods and ask them to move this thread over. I wouldn't try Mike (Muff Wiggler) as I believe he's got a lot going on in the real world at the moment and may not respond.
MTom5
mcop wrote:
It's possible. I don't know much about charge pumps so can't really comment.

Looking at the datasheet for the TC7662 though I do wonder about the switching frequency of the chip which is between 10KHz and 35KHz and close to what you can hear.

Have you tried emailing Mickey Delp? He may be more than happy to tell you how he did it.

Do you have a breadboard? If you have the 15v supply and have easy access to the TC7662 it can't hurt to try it out on breadboard and then if its a success build up the circuit on stripboard.

Also you are right that you may get more response if this thread was in the DIY thread. Try contacting one of the DIY thread mods and ask them to move this thread over. I wouldn't try Mike (Muff Wiggler) as I believe he's got a lot going on in the real world at the moment and may not respond.

Iv stuck it in the DIY section and il get a MOD to delete this.

Thanks for the help definitely going to give the battery idea a try

I tried contacting Mickey Delp but his contact box on his website wouldn't work
soup
Look at this thread:
http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35876

I built something based on this for an 808 kick I put in a pedal. On some perfboard with a few terminals it's about the size of 1 9V battery.
MTom5
soup wrote:
Look at this thread:
http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35876

I built something based on this for an 808 kick I put in a pedal. On some perfboard with a few terminals it's about the size of 1 9V battery.

Thanks il check it out
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1