MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

distortion boxes for synthesizers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author distortion boxes for synthesizers
lilstressor
Hi. New to this forum here. I'm experiments with different distortion boxes and was wondering what the pros use. Right now, I have a Bass Big Muff going through an A-138d insert module and its producing some nice harmonic overtones. Sustain is at 12 o'clock and tone is at 4. Pretty cheap pedal, but does a nice job at giving the Z3000 oscillators a bit more weight. (or balls I guess)
tuj
Check out the Boss MT-2 MetalZone pedal. It has 3-band parametric EQ so it works pretty well for thickening/distorting leads.

Then there is a WMD GC, my fav distortion.
twincities
if we're just sticking to pedal stuff, i love my 4ms noise swash and atoner. both have a ton of options and can get some crazy levels of broken sounds, sputtering, and signal loss with some nice fuzzy tones as well.

outside of the pedal realm (and a bit more money) i can comfortably say the thermionic culture culture vulture is my favorite/one of the nicest tube distortion boxes i've ever used.
speedsol
not (only) distortion, but worth looking at is the alesis bitrman screaming goo yo
Zon
In combination with synths i often hear the MXR distortion+ as a good and simple distortion.

I personally use a RAT Turbo for heavy distortion and a Sansamp Paradriver for a more warm, tube amp distortion.
Just me
My favorite distortions are overdriven MoogerFooger delay or ring modulator. Thick and awesome.
mmelnick
I use digitech grunge and boss fuzz
paperCUT
speedsol wrote:
not (only) distortion, but worth looking at is the alesis bitrman screaming goo yo

Bitrman is an amazing pedal, worth the prices they go for. Just the compression and distortion alone are fantastic for messing stuff up in full stereo.
ben_hex
Mxr jimi Hendrix system fuzz ... Seems a rare/unknown one ... Is super thick and smooth.
burnn_out!
DBA Soundwave breakdown
Moog Ringmod
Moog Freqbox
Malekko b:assmaster
EHX "Russian" big muff

All those pretty stay wired in my set up. I'll have to look at the metalzone again. I had one a long time ago and liked it.
thorncore
i use Kennys Death pedal at the moment..
awesome on drums and can really mash synths nicely
scozbor
endless 'tones' from the geiger counter
drox
the EHX hot tubes does the job nicely as well.
causticlogic
tuj wrote:
Check out the Boss MT-2 MetalZone pedal. It has 3-band parametric EQ so it works pretty well for thickening/distorting leads.

Then there is a WMD GC, my fav distortion.

Yep, those are my two most used distortion pedals as well. thumbs up
SPIKE the Percussionist
A Landmine is always nice and violent or an Acoustic Trauma.

And as others have already mentioned the Bitrman...excellent death for a signal.
flo
Zon wrote:
In combination with synths i often hear the MXR distortion+ as a good and simple distortion.

Yes, I love that one as well! SlayerBadger!

Often I also just crank up the mic inputs in my RE201 or one of my old Tascam mixers...
tuj
The old Mackie CR1604 (non-VLZ) would distort when you overloaded a channel in a very nice way. You could get some Goa bass tones out of it doing that.
alien8
The Moog MiniFooger Drive may be a cool one... Don't know from experience tho...
lilstressor
Cool thread guys. The bitrman that was mentioned is a pretty ugly effects box, and there're selling them for $250 on ebay. Something that color should cost $100 or less, I would think. Even though we're talking about pedals here, Ohmicide is the craziest distortion plugin I've ever used, but it also made me want to cry after restarting my computer over and over.
mckenic
thorncore wrote:
i use Kennys Death pedal at the moment..
awesome on drums and can really mash synths nicely

Me too! Its a quirky MONSTER IMHO - great pedal! Surprisingly, Ive not tried it on guitar yet hihi

Id second Ohmicide too!
holovicc
It might be blasphemia, but the Strymon Lex - supposed to be a rotary emulation box- works brilliant. (I've seen it in a JLR demo then bought one).

JMI's vintage pedals are great too, and did someone mention the Sherman Filterbank? smile
mateo
MXR Distortion + is a classic, as is the Pro Co Rat
Bartimaeus
I remember trying a Boss SD1 with my digital piano years ago and thinking that it was pretty terrible due to the mid boost, but some other distortion pedal might work.
Any options which yield a good but relatively transparent distortion? Timmy perhaps?
dkcg
There's all the Metasonix stomp boxes if you can find one for sale. The moog pedals all get a nice drive when you crank the input (and line level friendly too), I imagine the new mini-Moog pedals might be cool for synths too.

The problem I run into is with levels, I end up using the reamp to send any synth signal through most my guitar pedals, especially fuzz and overdrive pedals. RATs seem to be a popular choice, I don't have one tho... Timmy might be good because of the EQ controls.

I have an old crappy mixer that actually sounds pretty good driven really hard. I got it free from an engineer friend who was throwing it away. Had I known the CR1604 can sound cool overdriven, I would have kept mine. But at the time it wasn't good enough nor crappy enough to keep for how big it is. lol

All that said, I usually use the Geiger Counter with my modular. The Acoustic Trauma caught my eye, as did the Moog Drive pedal.
MindMachine
Dirty Boy Buzzy Boy sounds incredible on synths but too rich for my wallet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQixkYHXzg

I use a cheap ART Tube Preamp, EH Graphic Fuzz or DOD Grunge. RAT is next on the list for me.
diasporos
I swear by Trogotronic. The tube grit is just syrupy and elegant.
Heavy Metal Kid
I ran my x0xb0x through a bunch of pedals a while back for fun & comparison.

Electroharmonix Black Finger set to "lamp squash":
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/BF%20l amp%20squash.mp3

Electroharmonix Black Finger set to "led squash":
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/BF%20l ed%20squash.mp3

DOD 280 compressor clone:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/Comp1. mp3

Japanese Boss HM-2:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/HM-2%2 0Japan.mp3

Taiwanese Boss HM-2:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/HM-2%2 0Taiwan.mp3

Boss MD-2:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/MD-2.m p3

Ibanez MS10:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/MS10.m p3

Boss SD-1:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/SD1.mp 3

TC Electronic Integrated Preamp set to half boost:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/TC%20h alv.mp3

TC Electronic Integrated Preamp set to full boost:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/TC%20m aks.mp3

Ibanez TS9:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/TS9.mp 3

Ibanez TS10:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/TS10.m p3

Zvex Fuzz Factory:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1311883/mp3/x0xb0x%20pedals/Zvex.m p3
PrimateSynthesis
MindMachine wrote:
Dirty Boy Buzzy Boy sounds incredible on synths but too rich for my wallet.

$475 MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Heavy Metal Kid wrote:
I ran my x0xb0x through a bunch of pedals a while back for fun & comparison.

eek! we're not worthy thumbs up
logichead
+1 overdriven moogerfoogers
Vacancy Of Disco
the minifooger delay actually distorts really nicely, plus then you get a delay thumbs up
im really going to have to look into the alesis bitrman, sounds cool
clusterchord
i use

iron ether silicno fuzz, flexible destructive... works wonders on bass and synths, as well as guitar.

mxr distortion plus, the hand wired reissue. just got it, so no opinions yet.

big muff sovtek 2007... completely different from iron ether. compliments it perfectly. sounds more angry in rock n roll mids. love it on beatboxes.

mi audio germanium fuzz, warmer and woolier than above... perfect for vintage guitar tones, but works on synths too.,,, when you dont want that harsh high end.

i combine all these with a reamp adn DI with vintage UTC transfomer from littlelabs... get much better and smoother/gradual results than sticking loud synths direct in... impedance and level incompatibility can create problems with many dirt pedals.

looking into getting ram's head by SUF... that things sounds awesome.
megamaeng
The chandler limited pedals sound pretty cool on synths

sonicwarrior
I use:

• SPL Charisma
  • Korg MS-10 (yep, sounds good just being used as a distortion unit)
  • Digitech BadMonkey (incredibly cheap right now)
  • Marshall Guv'nor GV2
  • Marshall Jackhammer JH1 (3-way EQ)
  • Johnston J-Station (outdated amp modeller but still sounds great to my ears)

The guitar pedals are sounding best when used before a clean tube amp and with miked guitar speakers. Else some of them (especially the Jackhammer) can sound harsh but it also adds some dimension to the sound.

In my modular:
  • hexinverter batteryAcid IDOW edition
  • WMD Geiger Counter
  • Every other module that can be overdriven

Didn't like/sold:
  • Rocktron Rampage
  • Zoom TriMetal (this pedal just sucks)
  • Akai Shred-O-Matic D1 (mainly because it was too big but having both diode and tube distortion in one box sounded way more awesome on paper than it actually was in reality)
flo
sonicwarrior wrote:
Korg MS-10 (yep, sounds good just being used as a distortion unit)

I agree, the MS10 external input is a very nice distortion. I also like the sound of an overdriven RE201 thumbs up
mrbloor
Pedals

Metasonix F1
Oto biscuit
And the knas moisturizer is nice
Figures
for cheap and varied the POD is well worth checking out.
deathbeef
I really liked the noise swash a lot but I always used it as a mostly set it and forget it device. The Metal Muff has a nice range with the bass and treble pots and the top boost switch. There is a huge value in pairing an external rack eq in with the distortion as well.
ben_hex
I've been looking at the mxr 10 band EQ to pair with guitar pedals through a doepfer a-138d.
sonicwarrior
ben_hex wrote:
I've been looking at the mxr 10 band EQ

I have one and can recommend it. Plus it also has max blinkenlights. hihi

... and can be used as a booster, too.

Especially useful for shaping a non muddy high gain sound. thumbs up
flo
^ I have the vintage dual version of that which is also very cool SlayerBadger!
ben_hex
sonicwarrior
flo

Cheers guys. Seems this is a no brainer then.
mccolalx
The MojoHand FX 'Colossus' is a great synth distortion/fuzz.
It's by far the most versatile Big Muff flavored fuzz that I've found. Sounds great on synth, guitar, bass...pretty much anything that I've thrown at it. It's based on the big green Sovtek Big Muff, but way more tweakable.
sloth713
Has anyone tried the Pigtronix Disnortion on their synths? If yes please share your thoughts on it.
Gregor Samsa
I've tried a lot of different ones over the years, and i liked "Rat" and "Mudhoney (which is a rat clone i think)". I love the Iron Ether Oxide, but i dont find it to versatile. I havent had any luck with Devi Ever shoegazer or Spectacular Aenima or the Boss super overdrive
mäk
for synth distortion i like the fuzz factory and the nocto loco. the devi stuff is really good for drum loops.
mrbloor
ben_hex wrote:
I've been looking at the mxr 10 band EQ to pair with guitar pedals through a doepfer a-138d.

Check out the Akai Hexacomp, no longer made but worth getting if one comes up used.
Fidgit
mrbloor
Fidgit wrote:

Agreed, but certainly out of my league. I would certainly borrow yours though Fidgit thumbs up
wavefold
Dwarfcraft Devices THE GREAT DESTROYER w00t
4floorsofwhores
mateo wrote:
MXR Distortion + is a classic, as is the Pro Co Rat

These along with a diy uglyface or all i ever use for synth and drums
TheBradster
ProCo Rat for that FSU. For subtleness and nuance, the Hermida ZenDrive is pretty awesome.
DIVINEAUDIO
pedals that have survived the cut -
zvex mastotron - excellent for digital sources, samples, virtual analog etc. currently my go to distortion. strangely not so great for analog sources.
boss hm3 hyper metal - better on analog mono and polysynths. tends to get a bit mushy, so i usually run eq after it.
art tube mp - crank the input and lower the output for a nice toob crunchiness.
dod fx91 bass overdrive - not especially great but useful for adding a little dirt here and there.
boss od20 dual overdrive - many, many useful settings. used this for everything until it blew up. might replace it one day.
dod fx55 supra distortion - kinda blah until i circuit bent it. afterwards i got fantastic, nearly uncontrollable, screeching distortion and glitchy noises from it until the thing blew up. not worth replacing.

pedals that got sold -
ehx bass big muff - does that one sound really well, but only that one sound.
boss ds1 distortion - blah
boss odb3 bass overdrive - thin sounding
boss df2 distortion/feedbacker - blah
boss super overdrive - blah
alesis ineko - lots of cool sounds from this box but noisy as hell on any setting. also had the tendency to cut out at weird times.
Mancy bean
don't get along with fuzz on synths, not good for bass find it just sucks the low end. Don't know maybe a personal thing but fuzz just blurs what should be a hard and heavy sound already without really bringing anything to the party.
Good tube overdrive or saturation is nice.

I like the clipping on my mixmode,
but then i like a bass kick smashed through a Dave Hall tube pedal and into an mxr blowtorch.
sonicwarrior
Mancy bean wrote:
don't get along with fuzz on synths, not good for bass find it just sucks the low end.

Have you tried mixing the original signal with the fuzzed signal?

Any distortion I know sucks a bit of the low end. The ones who don't have an internal option to dial in the original signal.
theewiper
(Chuck Collins) Harmonic Percolator. Lots of range, very usable feedback at higher levels and quite a bit of low end.
kragg
TheBradster wrote:
ProCo Rat for that FSU.

+1 !
krz
That Freque was great. Sherman Filterbank. Mackie CR1604 set at 11.
Original Sansamp. Any distortion that has a few knobs. Knobs that give it parametric equalization help. Dual distortion mix with fuzz, ring modulation, bit reduction, octave, overdrive...
somonochrome
+1 distortion+ and/or rat
Silflay Hraka
I'm really starting to love the SansAmp Bass Driver, easy to dial in anything from warm fuzzines to bumble-bees in the low to mid ranges, a little harder but still do-able for higher pitched sounds.

Sounds good on clonewheels too.
lvoemachine
so with distortion, are you guys shaping with and eq before or after? I'm going to start putting some distortion back in my life and have a serge res eq as the last part of the chain typically before verb/delay.
kragg
I'm shaping the sound using an eQ before the distortion module (usually Hipassing a bit).
Quite often, i'm using a peak eq after the distortion to shape it further, if the dist pedal doesn't feature a tone control.
MindMachine
Anyone tried the minifooger moog Drive pedal yet?

Rat looks like a good choice for the money. I saw a video of a synth through an OCD that sounded nice. Curious about the moog.

I mostly use my EH Graphic Fuxzz still patched bewteen VCO's and rest of chain w/ modular or with my Casios.
electrik noize
I like chaining several pedals in series. Got a few pedals from Zvex, Fuzz
Factory, Wooly Mammoth and Machine (this one is bizarre). Depending on
what order I patch them in, I'm almost always guaranteed gnarly results.
Can't go wrong with a Big Muff thrown in there either.
zoogoo
how is the atoner? i heard the swash is better. more grimy sounds
zoogoo
Ive tried the moogfinger, its awesome!
also the RAT has good circuit mods for it.
zoogoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPulsG8DnY
Hainbach
MindMachine wrote:
Anyone tried the minifooger moog Drive pedal yet?

Rat looks like a good choice for the money. I saw a video of a synth through an OCD that sounded nice. Curious about the moog.

I mostly use my EH Graphic Fuxzz still patched bewteen VCO's and rest of chain w/ modular or with my Casios.

I have the Drive sitting permanently behind an OP-1 - it makes that little plastic box come alive.
Whatisvalis
I want to get some colour and saturation going on my Modular, but I don't want to go the whole 500 series route / pres etc. because i feel I can get more value out of pedals for now ,and just go line in on my interface.

The Chandler Little Devil is really appealing, anyone using it on synths? Anyone used that and the miniFooger Drive?

Was also thinking about getting a MoogFooger Ring Mod.
jules
One word:

FUCIFIER ! From evoaudio.

All the types of nasty growling distortion you'll ever want.
Paradoxically also include all the not completely shinny quietness you'll ever want.

In the same box: DI with high quality transfos/ germanium preamps/ outstanding tape saturation sound-a-like / swell BP,HP,LP filter with multiple outs, enveloppe follower and LFO / induction Eq.

Microphones, modulars, fingers and soul: patch everything through it.
Whatisvalis
Sounds tasty, will have a look at that.
synthiaks
I use a cheap vintage Kimbara Fuzz......sounds great and doesn't totally destroy the character of the synth.
Tyrone_JF_enclosure
The boss ds-2 is great for a smooth lead distortion
Devi Ever OK Stutter Fuzz is great with drummachines and synths as it has crazy decay characteristics!
Kentucky
Love my Red Witch Fuzz God!
deke
Why didn't I think of this? I'm going to try my OCD overdrive and MXR carbon copy cloner on my rig when I get home.
slumberjack
russian pickle fuzz plays nice with me.
Righty
Try MXR Super Badass Distortion pedal - it has EQ controls that let you really dial in what you want or don't want. I think this is important with synths and so many different types of tones.
deke
DIVINEAUDIO wrote:

boss od20 dual overdrive - many, many useful settings. used this for everything until it blew up. might replace it one day.

I actually have one of these and pretty much hate it for guitar. I think I may dust it off and try it with my modular! FYI, there are a few on reverb. Chumps are asking too much and they are not moving. I bet you could offer $75ish.
Rex Coil 7
STRYMON DECO.

Technologear?
Wow Rex. I had totally disregarded the Deco but it sounds great in that video! Thanks for posting. My favourite was the chorus effect on the Juno, with the Junos onboard chorus off (a brave move as that onboard chorus is damn good).
Rex Coil 7
Technologear? wrote:
Wow Rex. I had totally disregarded the Deco but it sounds great in that video! Thanks for posting. My favourite was the chorus effect on the Juno, with the Junos onboard chorus off (a brave move as that onboard chorus is damn good).
Yea, that video sewed it up for me too. I'd first heard it used near the end of one of either Mylar Melodies or Div Kid videos (can't recall which person or which module was being demo'd). It really got my attention. Then later I discovered that GEOSynths video of it that I posted and that was all she wrote. I bought one, and I've been enormously happy with it. That tape saturation sound it creates is so much different from anything else I've heard (or built myself!).

thumbs up thumbs up
XXXEsq
One very versatile option would be one of the more modern Line6 multi-effects boards.
I have a Helix which has models of numerous fuzz/distortion boxes (as well as lots of other stuff) and it can process multiple signal chains simultaneously. I initially bought it just as a guitar processor, but it really excells on synths too. The smaller HXStomp has most of the modeled effects, but can't handle as many simultaneous signal paths.
These things sound really good and work great with synth level audio.
Rex Coil 7
XXXEsq wrote:
One very versatile option would be one of the more modern Line6 multi-effects boards.
I have two of the Line 6 M13 units ... and I could not agree with you more! My brother also has one, as does my wife.
Figures
RAT is good.
CR1604 is good.
Foogers are good.
Ensoniq DP4 is good
Ibanez DS-10 has it's place

Tried and not enjoyed -
MXR Dist +
Big Muff
ZVEX mammoth
BOSS - Any - just to state I like a lot of BOSS especially Comp, Chorus and Wah
suboptimal
I'd love for someone to give me an Analog Heat.

The DECO is an interesting pedal. It feels like an "adult" unit, something meant for actually making good sounds and not just "going crazy." I've been tempted to get a second one because the one I have is strapped across the outputs of my mixer as a sort of amateur hour mastering device.

The T-Resonator is not really a distortion box, per se, but it sounds pretty nice on drums. Here I go again suggesting another non-pedal, though.
PrimateSynthesis
Figures wrote:

Tried and not enjoyed -
MXR Dist +
Big Muff

Those are both very popular choices though cool
Christopher Winkels
I've had good results with a couple of boxes.

DOD 250 (the 2010s reissue that was just recently discontinued) - very linear sounding distortion/overdrive tones and insanely straightforward. Also adds a bit of top end sparkle in addition to the distortion.

EHX Graphic Fuzz - not really fuzzy despite the name, but still has an appealing tone, with the very desirable addition of a six-band graphic EQ for some final sculpting of the sound.
ubiquiphilia
second the Boss Metalzone pedal. They're everywhere, cheap, somehow unsatisfying on guitar but shine on synth. A real fixer-upper. Useful useful useful. Would like them ported into a single width synth unit and scattered around the system as a lead thickener, texture imparter, parametric eq etc etc. Great for dialing in kick sounds within a mix. Got one permanently linked with the kick from an ldb1. Endless tweakage; subtle shifts.
MindMachine
Christopher Winkels wrote:

EHX Graphic Fuzz - not really fuzzy despite the name, but still has an appealing tone, with the very desirable addition of a six-band graphic EQ for some final sculpting of the sound.

Bingo. Rather large but you can dial stuff in. I even use it in my Serge as a module between VCO's and whatever.
beatcleaver
I have one of these - prescription electronics experience.

They sound great. Haven't used it in years though, must dig it out.

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/prescription/experience

I remember playing an MS20 through one and it sounded *exactly* like the ending part to Aphex's Windowlicker - the fuzzy baseline towards the end of the track
Figures
PrimateSynthesis wrote:
Figures wrote:

Tried and not enjoyed -
MXR Dist +
Big Muff

Yes, and why I bought both, I just didnt like either.

Too often people assume something is good as everyone else says so.

Hopefully I can aid someone else who also trys either of these undoubted classic favoured units and says to themselves, not for me.

Our ear are not all the same Guinness ftw!
kragg
PrimateSynthesis wrote:
Figures wrote:

Tried and not enjoyed -
MXR Dist +
Big Muff

On thing that i learned from trying distorsion pedals with synths, is that not one single pedal sound good with any settings. A synth can make much more various sounds than a guitar.
The MXR Dist+ is nice with acid basslines, with much resonance and not too bassy... But it doesn't sound good as a deep "bass fatterner" for instance.
Imho, the Big Muff is also better as a texture maker, because it changes the original source a lot, and kills the bass and transients.
ExtrasensoryPerception
-anything by Metasonix if you want obliteration!

-RML Electron Fuzz is amazing, and their jekill/hyde stereo filter is bliss after stereo FX, to dirty up reverbs or just char them a little....really tasty!
PrimateSynthesis
Figures wrote:

Our ear are not all the same Guinness ftw!

Neither are our synths. Big difference between a DX-7 and a Minimoog.
shepan
I guess these pedals are so cheap and available that it's worthwhile to have a few of them. For example I love the RAT 2 which is pretty warm, but it is so limited in controls so it either sounds great or it is a disaster. It depends a lot on what you are compressing..
chlorinemist
Elektron Analog Heat seems like it is the #1 choice. Haven't tried one yet but I don't see anything else that comes close in terms of features and suitability for synths
SweetNuthin
i used to use a Dwarfcraft Devices The Great Destroyer with synths and it was great.. it can get wild easily but when you get your head around the knob position is really really good
ExtrasensoryPerception
seconded!

I completely forgot about his one.

Time to get it out of the bin and play with it again...thanks for the reminder!

SweetNuthin wrote:
i used to use a Dwarfcraft Devices The Great Destroyer with synths and it was great.. it can get wild easily but when you get your head around the knob position is really really good
WhatADay
Has anyone tried a EHX Lumberjack for this? I've got one on the way and from the guitar demos, it seems like it might pair nicely with synth, not much bass loss and plenty of clarity.
MindMachine
WhatADay wrote:
Has anyone tried a EHX Lumberjack for this? I've got one on the way and from the guitar demos, it seems like it might pair nicely with synth, not much bass loss and plenty of clarity.

Please report back. I've invested in so many of the inexpensive EH pedals in the past. There are too many more now to even try.

I use the Graphic Fuzz and Attack Equalizer a fair amount. My Mole and Screaming Bird are relegated to vocal feedback duties at this time.
calaveras
My favorites are unfortunately my more expensive ones that I'd rather be using something else.
The B:arker B:Assmaster is just so sweet on everything. It's really cool on a X0Xbox or a drum machine. Only problem is that there are all those damn knobs and switches. So many cool sweet spots.

The other one is the Proco Deucetone. The stereo rats is cool enough, but they also have the mod switches so you can do Turbo, classic and clean rats. The Rat tone is so over the top once you get into it's distortion, it sounds good on guitar but is kind of white noise on synths.
Instead it's much cooler to use the lower gain settings and just get a nice mellow overdrive on things.
It's also cool on FM synths if you want painful metallic industrial.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 5