MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Knob Swap - Black is the new grey
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Knob Swap - Black is the new grey
RichyHo
Finally filled my first box so I ordered a big bag of those 10p 'soft feel' black knobs from Rapid Electronics and swapped out all the knobs on my 9U of Doepfer. I love the way it looks now - especially helpful in darker environments as you can see the white pointer lines really well.

Getting the original knobs off varied from "really easy to just tug off" (!) to "Whooooah! she ain't gonna budge!". For these trickier ones (after losing several fingernails) I used a wide, flat blade screwsriver with the tip wrapped in insulating tape to avoid scratches. For the record, logaritmic pots have a slightly wider shaft, making removal of the knobs much harder.

Anyone know of suitable replacement knobs for the 'clicky' octave select knobs on the A-110/111 VCOs?

Not the best picture I've ever taken, but this is a very unsexy version of how it looks.....

...what do you think?

Rich
breakscience
Looks great to me!

...but your sequencer shafts are naked hihi
MrTea
Very cool! How much did the knobs set you back?
wetterberg
http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo.aspx?tier1=Tools%2c+Fasteners+% 26+Production+Equipment&tier2=Fasteners+%26+Fixings&tier3=Knobs&tier4= 16mm+Soft+touch+knob&moduleno=64710

it's a fantastic investment! I've replaced all of mine, no regrets smile

But yes, definitely get caps for your switches, too, hehe.
RichyHo
MrTea wrote:

I bought 110 of them for £11 (+ VAT).... "Cheap as chips!"
RichyHo
breakscience wrote:
...but your sequencer shafts are naked hihi

I know - I just got that module. I'm going to order some more switch caps (maybe red ones would look good) from Little Bear when I have a moment.

Probably going to paint the case black too.
BugBrand
Oh, i should just send you some more switch caps if its just to finish up the final naked module! I'll write a note to you...
Limey
lookin good!
i did all my dopefers just like that a while back.
mostly for giving more contrast and better overview, but also a nicer grip.
i hate those hard plastic dopefer knobs!
chinard
wetterberg wrote:
http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo.aspx?tier1=Tools%2c+Fasteners+% 26+Production+Equipment&tier2=Fasteners+%26+Fixings&tier3=Knobs&tier4= 16mm+Soft+touch+knob&moduleno=64710

cool, anybody got a link for a north american distributor?
flight
chinard wrote:
wetterberg wrote:

cool, anybody got a link for a north american distributor?

Don't bother, go through Rapid - I do. It's still cheaper than any US source (in volume >100) because we are VAT-exempt.
RichyHo
Limey wrote:
lookin good!
i did all my dopefers just like that a while back.

Cheers - Did you replace the octave select knobs on your VCOs too (if you have Doepfer VCOs)? If so, what with?
mattsynth
Looks great and thanks for the link. I always hated the gray knob look.
wetterberg
@RichyHo:

I deliberately left that knob stock - I kinda like it.
werock
RichyHo wrote:
MrTea wrote:

I bought 110 of them for £11 (+ VAT).... "Cheap as chips!"

So that's why Rapid have run out of the white ones... evil evil
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1