MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DRM1 & X
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author DRM1 & X
BugBrand
Not coming out this year now, but anyways.. here's a picture!
phisynth
love nanners

Nice work Tom

Will it be frac/BBmodular, or standalone like the PT delay ? (A bit confused by the color)
Low-Gain
good for two of each thats for sure!
Can't wait Tom! Nicely done
BugBrand
Well, the DRM1 part will initially mainly be Standalone (same as other recents) but would fit fine in a BugModFrame (other than being RED!).
I currently only have the 3FW mini-Frames so the DRM1X will kind of wait in the wings for larger mini-Frames or bigger modular integration (view down the road - rhythm systems with a few DRM modules + Seqs/Dividers)

I'm gathering full-info on the designs now + trying to do some further demos.
BugBrand
xpando
BugBrand wrote:

awesome Tom! so.. January then? twisted

im good for one of each asap. hyper
chrisdermo
standalone! yes! will the drm1x work standalone too?

in the soundcloud DRM1 playlist are you playing 2 drm1 units?
chrisdermo
just seen that this is indeed the case from the other thread on here, sorry!
numan7
cookie?!? mm-mm-mmm red BugBrand! !

cheers
shady smiles
Beautiful!
BugBrand
xpando wrote:
..so.. January then? ..

Should be - exact date tbc - you know I'm moving country again!
tron23
Sounds great! evil
Low-Gain
2 delays... 2 drm+x... it's going to be good to feel good being back in bug world. :-D hyper hyper hyper
xpando
BugBrand wrote:
xpando wrote:
..so.. January then? ..

Should be - exact date tbc - you know I'm moving country again!

nanners w00t BugBrand! Drinking
wednesdayayay
I'm thinking about picking one of these up to go along with my ciat-lonbarde setup
cocoquantus & plumbutter as I'm wanting some more drumish sounds but not all that the plumbutter has to offer or I'd just buy another
BugBrand
I ought to get me some CL stuff (useful & valid business expense)- had a good read of the Plumbutter page yesterday - very interesting!
wednesdayayay
you may already be well aware but this is the best explanation of the plumbutter in lay"synth"man I've read

pugix wrote:
AVDog and Gongue clarified.

Peter's descriptions of these modules on the web page and the schematics are, as usual, light on simplification, but rich in philosophy. I really enjoy reading them. Makes me think and it's fun to figure stuff out. Yesterday, as I ate lunch at work, I read over the AVDog schematic yet again and got more insight into how it works.

AVDOG

AVDog is essentially a VCO followed by a pair of VCAs. The two knobs inside the 'dog body' outline are the main frequency and FM CV attenuator of the VCO. The VCO goes right into a pair of VCAs, the outputs of which are the white and red jacks. Note that the VCO is unheard except by way of the VCAs. (Aux inputs also go into the VCAs.) The unique part of AVDog is the use of a state-variable VCF as an envelope generator. You all know that a filter can be made to ring by sending a pulse to its input. That is exactly what INPULS is, the green jack. It's the VCF input. But think of it rather as the trigger input to the EG. The filter runs at sub-audio frequencies to make an envelope for the VCAs. (This envelope is available on the orange jack.) Unlike a normal EG, this one has a response rate and a Q control (the knobs outside the dog body). These vary how it responds to trigger inputs. The blue VER and INV are CV inputs for the EG response rate. That's it. When you send external input to AVDog, you are using it as a EG/VCA and the VCO is deactivated by setting the TRAD/GONZ switch to the middle.

GONGUE

It's a bit confusing that AVDog and Gongue have the same panel layout. They are different beasts. Gongue is essentially a VCF, but it only acts in a normal VCF manner when using the Aux input. It's primary use is as a filter that rings in the audio range. The filter center frequency, CV input, and Q controls are inside the body outline. It makes the bongo sound by being run by another part of its circuit, that I'll call the Trigger part (Theta on the schematic). Theta is an envelope generator, but a very strange one. It's triggered by INPULS (green), but the triggers are delayed by a voltage controlled section. The rate pot for that is outside the Gongue body outline (in the same location as the frequency pot for AVDog). The blue VER and INV CV inputs affect the Trigger section. The result of delaying of the INPULS goes to the filter input to ring it, resulting in bongos. This is simple, right. lol I have a harder time explaining Gongue, because the Trigger part isn't like any ordinary synthesizer module. It also outputs its envelope on the orange and gray jacks. Orange is normal and gray is inverted (and also AC-coupled for some reason).

Your modules more so than any other get me dreaming or mixing away from my ciat-lonbarde only setup. keep up the great work standalone stuff is so easy to incorporate anywhere Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
dogoftears
BugBrand wrote:
I ought to get me some CL stuff (useful & valid business expense)- had a good read of the Plumbutter page yesterday - very interesting!

you'd probably love the organs too. they are the ultimate analog accompaniment synths! great music can be made by setting up a self playing/generating sequency rhythmic modular thing and then just jamming on a tetrax or sidrax on top of it all. the tone of those instruments cuts through any mix, and they can be played very dynamically via the piezo barres.
pas
Do it Tom! you two look good together,

emergencyofstate
BugBrand wrote:

love Beautiful work Tom. I'm so in for a set!
Low-Gain
no estimated map pricing yet ?
chrisdermo
Hey Tom, any update o an ETA and pricing for these yet?
I need my BugBrand!'s
miditerranean
Hey the two new sound samples of the DRM1 Frame on Tom's SoundCloud sound great!

https://soundcloud.com/bugbrand
shady smiles
miditerranean wrote:
Hey the two new sound samples of the DRM1 Frame on Tom's SoundCloud sound great!

https://soundcloud.com/bugbrand

No kidding. That frame would make a killer dance partner for my plumbutter.

Can't wait!

w00t
BugBrand
Oh, aren't I quiet these days.. (sorry ChrisDermo - I somehow completely missed your post before..)

Well, stay tuned the next few days - lots to say in a mailout!

Will post clearer pics of that rack & write some details up.. (but, just to dispell any fancy ideas -> release will just be DRM1s initially - the left of that rack is still quite early proto & the expanders won't come for a while too)

More soon & thanks!
Tom
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2