MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A small window into a master plan
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author A small window into a master plan
chocolatyshatner
4 envelators sounds about right to me . . . I've been thinking about replacing my 143-2 and 143-3 with more envelators . . . that would be insane! Loving the cycle delay!
J3RK
bsmith wrote:
Quote:
4 Envelators is quite a bit, but since the can be used to divide clocks or perform LFO duties, I don't think it ends up being overkill.

J3RK, thank you so much for all of the samples you've posted - they've definitely been influential on the route I've decided to take as I've started making decisions on how to proceed building my first modular rig. This thread itself has been for sure. See pic below smile
I'm new to all this and want to understand why you'd pick a noise ring to switch for the uncle osc instead of an envelator (the envelator is definitely a madman, as I'm finding out, but so is the noisering, and I'm just curious is all).
By the way, posted a small noodle from messing around with the envelator last night https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14037

Thanks! I'm glad people have been liking them. Basically, I'll start patching, and then I hit a point where I'm just having a ton of fun with the patch, and hit record for a bit. smile (except for a few small multitracked ones that I put together)

As far as those swapping choices, I'd never get rid of a second NoiseRing (once I have one again.) The only reason I'd swap it for an Uncle is that I could move it out into another rack or case (I have a few, all of which are empty, but with rails ready for modules.) I'd still have it, I'd just have to patch from another rack. I'm just looking for a little diversity within the 6U case I'm designing. (got the initial sketching part done, just need to decide on wood, and start making real measurments)

I had two NoiseRings in a Frac system I used to have, and they were the core of nearly every patch in some way or other.

I figure I need a filter and a couple VCAs, so the Boogie and two Borgs have to stay. I need clock division, LFO, and Envelopes of several Envelators, and eventually the sequential properties of the Anti-envelopes. The NoiseRing has to be in the system, can't live without one, but I can get by on the multiple outputs from a single one I think.

I wanted to build a 9U folding case, but then it's not quite as portable. I mean, it would be movable, but not something I could put on the coffee table, and muck about with.

However... (now look what you've done Mr. Green ) an extra NoiseRing would be nice... Heh...

Nice setup too by the way. As soon as my Env and AO show up, we'll have identical sets of Walekard modules...
jonkull
Well looks like one of the Envelators I picked up this afternoon doesn't work. Dead Banana
revmutt
plord wrote:

Gemini for me. Couldn't keep it to 9U.

What is this Gemini you speak of?
sandyb
revmutt wrote:
plord wrote:

Gemini for me. Couldn't keep it to 9U.

this nanners

there's a bit of discussion here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14052

sandy
bsmith
J3RK wrote:

4 Envelators is quite a bit, but since the can be used to divide clocks or perform LFO duties, I don't think it ends up being overkill.

Wow, add oscillator to that list. I'm sitting here with it on fast cycle and giving it an oscillator's square wave to the gate and sending it's out to a vca, and there it is. Messing around with the envelope shape is resulting in all kinds of insanity while I look at it on a scope.
Holy shit.
revmutt
sandyb wrote:
Quote:

this nanners

there's a bit of discussion here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14052

sandy

Thanks sandy.
grantrichter
bsmith wrote:
J3RK wrote:

Wow, add oscillator to that list. I'm sitting here with it on fast cycle and giving it an oscillator's square wave to the gate and sending it's out to a vca, and there it is. Messing around with the envelope shape is resulting in all kinds of insanity while I look at it on a scope.
Holy shit.

The minimum time for both attack and decay is 1 millisecond. This produces a 2 millisecond (~500Hz) waveform. So the Envelator and be used for waveshaping if the frequency is below C above middle C. The Gate Input is a comparator with a threshold of ~2 volts so any oscillator waveform with an amplitude of +/- 5 volts can be used to gate it.
Cthulhu
harolddonnelly
grantrichter wrote:
voltage inverter, pre-amp, external balanced modulator, 2 channel mixer, headphone amp, 2 inch spring reverb (horror) and final volume control.

None of those is significant to the purpose, so I left them out. No deception was intended. The instrument shown is Serial No. 0, that is the original prototype which I received in pieces and had to reverse engineer in order to restore. So I got quite intimate with it. And I can A/B patches with the new modules and the 208.

I really love the ideas of these all inclusive systems

what would you guys suggest to finish off the final little piece that were left off?

Really enjoy the Malekko Spring Chicken I have great great reverb unit!
futureworlder
Analogue Solutions HP-01 headphone amp will do 3-in mixer, preamp, final volume control and headphone amp in 6hp, Malekko's own OUTPUT will do 2-in mixer, preamp, headphone amp and final volume in just 4hp. Mr Malekko's design also outputs nicely in stereo with great imaging of panning and other spacial applications. i can't rightly recall if the HP-01 will do stereo out.

the only thing you don't get with either of these is separate volume controls for output and headphones, but i'd bet the reason for this is that most people won't be listening to the system (monitoring) on headphones at one level while the main out is at another.

i've A/B'ed both side by side in my mini-Wialekko system and found them both to be great, so i could go either way. inevitably i chose to keep the OUTPUT module mostly for space constraints, but i've got plans to incorporate the HP-01 into a DIY Buchla Easel clone as it just sounds too good not to.
Entrainer
I'm revisiting this chart as I'm hopeful the new production facility and
prototype video equal = Anti-Envelope/Looper thing.

Plus there are some new modules such as the X-Mix, Fade, uVCA,
potential vapourware Cybernetics (as clearly stated in it's thread title) ...

Would a Cybernetics make more sense than a second Noise-Ring

Q: Those jacks on the bottom with no arrows? W-Bug?

2012-2013 may be the year I break out the 108HP row into a stand-alone
Malekko/Wiard desktop jam thing with headphone jack.
Planning potential configs to determine power + HP requirements for case.
Peake
Pic in first post: we're not worthy
thaneco
Since I'm a fanatic buyer of Malekko modules, I would like to see a complete buchla system from Malekko. Otherwise Makenoise modules will be a better choice. Lets wait and see whats next! SlayerBadger! Wiard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3