MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Elektron Analog 4 - A keeper?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author Elektron Analog 4 - A keeper?
alexwhite
There has been some 80 pages of A4 discussion from anticipation through to OS bug discussion here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69920&postdays=0&pos torder=asc&highlight=elektron&start=0

But I thought it might be good to have something a little newer and more concise here for those interested in grabbing one - so any info a year on from its release?

Particularly interested in how people are using it with their modular?

cheers Alex
confusional
I'm not sure how starting yet another thread on the same subject is going to convince anyone of anything. But to be super concise: the A4 is a total keeper. Or maybe it's not? seriously, i just don't get it

Just like every other piece of gear out there, it depends on your needs and wants and budget and if you find the interface pleasing. And this being Muffwiggler, pretty much everyone who has used it, has connected it to their modular systems in one way or another.
alexwhite
confusional wrote:
I'm not sure how starting yet another thread on the same subject is going to convince anyone of anything. But to be super concise: the A4 is a total keeper. Or maybe it's not? seriously, i just don't get it

Just like every other piece of gear out there, it depends on your needs and wants and budget and if you find the interface pleasing. And this being Muffwiggler, pretty much everyone who has used it, has connected it to their modular systems in one way or another.

Well I guess having trawled 80 pages of the other thread it was pretty hard to get a clear view of peoples experience of it. Thanks for your generous and insightful input though - you've been a great help! thumbs up
iVardensphere
Total keeper. It's 4 great synths. It's a great sequencer. CV outs. Quality effects. Wonderful control over the details makes for a tweaker's delight. Does great drums. Very portable. Good price point. Upgradable.
amnesia
New OS soon gives 4000 sounds
Heavy Metal Kid
I have had mine for 7 months, intend to keep it for years to come.
marcomoreno
Polyphonic mode will be there with the next OS update. This update is planed for later this month hyper thumbs up
Sir Ruff
alexwhite wrote:

Well I guess having trawled 80 pages of the other thread it was pretty hard to get a clear view of peoples experience of it. Thanks for your generous and insightful input though - you've been a great help! thumbs up

yeah, kind of sounds like any piece if new gear that's got any sort of depth--but surely you're as informed as anyone now? Confusional gave a straightforward reply; no need to be a wanker.
barto
i think theres going to be more than poly and +drive on the next OS update due thrusday but i dont know what, but im really excited. i think the A4 is definitely a keeper especially if you have a modular
mbleming
The Analog Four is a keeper for me as well...I'm always surprised how good the effects are on this thing...they really sound nice for non outboard (to my ears anyway). I sold my Monomachine to fund it, and while I love my A4, I still do miss the MnM and it's digital wackiness. All that being said, the combo of sequencer, synths and drums (Daren's pack is really amazing) combine for a really fun/versatile instrument with a small footprint. I bring mine to work all the time and jam out in my car (with a battery pack)...you can really create entire tracks just on this alone. Really fun...a keeper!!
cosmicdrone
marcomoreno wrote:
Polyphonic mode will be there with the next OS update. This update is planed for later this month hyper thumbs up

4000 sounds and poly mode makes the A4 a keeper for sure! Looks like it will be an X-mas gift for all who own one. Mr. Green
alexwhite
Sir Ruff wrote:
alexwhite wrote:

yeah, kind of sounds like any piece if new gear that's got any sort of depth--but surely you're as informed as anyone now? Confusional gave a straightforward reply; no need to be a wanker.

No there isn't is there? Confusional made an argument that if accepted would negate the worth of about 90% of the discussion on Muffs. It seemed like a pretty patronising response to a fairly reasonable line of enquiry.

Thanks to everyone else for posting!
Iromeku
I'm using it as my only sequencer/mixer/fx box at the moment. I quite like it and think it's great that Elektron have released it. I am however playing with the idea of replacing it with Rene/PP and a couple of stomp boxes. Like all gear, it depends on your needs.
zahush76
I'm listening to this sound pack and i'm saying, yes, it's a keeper. It starts with some "banal" sounds, but after that he gets to really interesting territory. One of the brilliant sounds is where he manages to make the a4 sound like an acoustic guitar (around 6:40), and the rest is also great:

fredguy
Had it for a few months and never got along with it. Too much menu
diving for me. The sounds were ok but I like the sounds I get from the
modular much better. For some reason the a4 always sounded thin to me.
r05c03
I have an A4 and I have had synths requiring menu diving and I have to say that as Synths go the A4 is relatively menu-lyte
CF3
I had the same problem I've had with all the Elektron boxes... cool sequencers and interface, not crazy about the overall sound (reminds me of an 80's Roland synth but without the nice filter). It's definitely a keeper if you like the basic tone of it. The CV control alone made it hard for me to sell. The FX are much improved over the MachineDrum. Actually kind of sad it's gone now that they've finally instituted the poly mode. waah Not quite ballsy enough for me as a mono, but I bet it sounds pretty cool as a poly.
feltrav
It has a great sound. P-Lock makes it incredibly versatile. As a synth it does what it does uniquely - the filtering is extremely flexible. It really is a musical instrument, not a content delivery device.

Beyond that, it just comes down to if it works for what you are doing.

Can't wait for the upgrade - +Drive and Polyphony is an awesome upgrade.
REwire
The OS 1.1 Update is ready! Poly here I come! This is the reason I bought the A4 and it's a keeper!

Not Sure what +Drive is. Is it an add on drive or use of the A4's internal memory?

Dan
barto
^ +drive is already in every A4/AK. OS 1.1 will give you access to it. allows you to store way more sounds
jpenca
the update shows that it's not only a keeper but a grower SlayerBadger!
amnesia
The sounds seem way fatter now too!
marcomoreno
Great news. My A4 is coming tomorrow applause
kwaidan
I just downloaded the new OS and the sound has definitely improved.
Costo
And the new project and sounds managers are amazing !

It's definitely become a much better groovebox since 1.1...

Haven't even tested the poly mode nor the multimap yet, but it's such an improvement on an already great synth that it feels like a brand new machine !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12